House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Si1

BMW, Mercedes and Audi drivers named the worst in the UK

Well not all BMW, Merc & Audi drivers are bad but these brands do attract a particular 'type' of person.

Quite a few Vauxhall Insignia and VW Golf drivers too I notice.

Tuesday night an Audi overtook me on a blind bend because he/she didn't think I was going fast enough. Presumably.

I found myself hoping someone would be coming up the hill. Conditions were vile and a copper once told me that he scraped more people off the B2010 in 20 years than everywhere else added together.

At my mum's funeral in 2013 we were almost the only people not in a new Merc or BMW. Our elderly Japanese jalopy was three times the age of the next oldest vehicle. 

You can tell how I felt from how I'm going on about it!  Totally proud.

On 20/12/2018 at 15:11, Si1 said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/bmw-mercedes-audi-drivers-named-15568409

Well there's a surprise

Oh yes, big surprise! Three best German brands, what a coincidence and timing ...

UK car production fell 20% in November

The number of cars built in the UK slumped by almost 20% compared with a year ago, according to new figures. 2br

Must tell the burd, she'll be delighted. She has a 5-Series, and to be honest, her driving is nigh-on perfect. Puts me to shame to be honest... in my old Kia!

On 21/12/2018 at 20:22, Bluestone59 said:

Tuesday night an Audi overtook me on a blind bend because he/she didn't think I was going fast enough. Presumably.

I found myself hoping someone would be coming up the hill.

I had someone overtake me on a blind bend once at about 80+ mph, with someone coming the other way, fortunately I saw this blur to the right of me and realised what was happening, jumped on the brakes and somehow the c*** avoided a 120 mph head on collision with a mother and kids, had I not then it would've been 4 or 5 dead, maybe more.

There was a fatal accident on the same road a bit later, may have been the same guy.

BMW, Mercedes and Audi are considered 'prestige' marques (don't laugh).

'Prestige' marques depreciate less.

New cars are bought with finance,. The associated repayments are positively correlated with depreciation.

Prestige cars are therefore relatively affordable, even in one's early years.

Younger people have a higher appetite for risk.

Even tho repayments are modest, the debt is still larger.

The amount of debt people take on is a function of their appetite for risk.

So the way car purchases are financed now, suggests risk takers are likely to buy 'prestige' marques.

BMW, Mercedes and Audi marques are therefore driven by risk takers.

Risk takers end up in scrapes.

Having scrapes is the mark of a bad driver.

Thereore BMW, Mercedes and Audi drivers find themselves labelled the worst drivers.

QED

On 20/12/2018 at 15:11, Si1 said:

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/uk-news/bmw-mercedes-audi-drivers-named-15568409

Well there's a surprise

Very first car accident I was involved in (with my first car as an early 20-something) was with an Audi - which failed to brake in time and rear-ended me whilst I was waiting to enter onto a gyratory system.  Seems nothing has changed then.