Japan passes controversial new immigration bill to attract foreign workers

HOLA441
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
48 minutes ago, Errol said:

For the record, diversity is weakness and inevitably leads to destruction and war.

I wouldn't say it's something you can generalise on. In terms of cultural mix a degree of it is a very good thing that enriches rather than changes but too much just causes problems. Even where that line lies varies depending upon circumstances (but it's probably under whatever local circumstances ghettos start to form).

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
50 minutes ago, fru-gal said:

Does Japan have a welfare state? This only works if the new immigrantsĀ will be working and paying taxes and not a net burden on the Japanese state.Ā 

I have rarely seen homeless people in Japan. The ones I have seen have not looked foreign. The homeless people often have small spaces they keep tidy, even having little gardens under bridges etc. From what I have heard there is a strong cultural aversion to women being homeless and they are generally cared for, more so than men.Ā 

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/05/07/national/japans-non-japanese-living-welfare/#.XBJ0E1Vl-Uk

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

More of Japanā€™s non-Japanese are living on welfare

BYĀ MAGDALENA OSUMI

The number of non-Japanese here relying on social welfare has grown significantly over the past decade, a labor ministry official said Monday, as the elderly in their ranks increase at a rapid pace.

A monthly average of 47,058 households with at least one non-Japanese member received public financial assistance in fiscal 2016, compared with around 30,000 in 2006, the official said.

Authorities say the rise in foreign beneficiaries appears to correspond to the general trend of Japanā€™s graying population.

ā€œAlthough the exact cause of the growth tendency is unknown, weā€™re aware the ratio (of non-Japanese on social welfare) is the highest since we began collecting relevant data in 1997,ā€ said Yoriyuki Harada, who is in charge of welfare programs at the Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry.

Harada explained that while the number of elderly, regardless of nationality, receiving public financial support in Japan has been growing, the overall number of welfare recipients of any age has been declining.

Among foreign nationals, he said the Korean diaspora in Japan is the largest group on welfare. Their average age stood at 61.7 in 2015.

Other major groups of foreign beneficiaries are Chinese, Filipinos and Brazilians.

Harada said non-Japanese who are eligible for the assistance are permanent and long-time residents and their spouses. Asylum-seekers are also eligible.

According to the ministry, social welfare benefits are provided for noncitizens on humanitarian grounds based on the governmentā€™s 1954 guidelines as an exception to the national social welfare law.

As of January, some 2.12 million people ā€” Japanese and foreign ā€” were living on welfare, Harada said.

The number peaked in 2015, when Japan was struggling to recover from the 2008 global financial crisis, he said.

ā€œWe believe that job security has since improved,ā€ he said.

Ā 

Ā 

HOLA447
38 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

I have rarely seen homeless people in Japan. The ones I have seen have not looked foreign. The homeless people often have small spaces they keep tidy, even having little gardens under bridges etc. From what I have heard there is a strong cultural aversion to women being homeless and they are generally cared for, more so than men.Ā 

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2018/05/07/national/japans-non-japanese-living-welfare/#.XBJ0E1Vl-Uk

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-03-16/japan-s-prisons-are-a-haven-for-elderly-women

Japanā€™s Prisons Are a Haven for Elderly Women

Lonely seniors are shoplifting in search of the community and stability of jail.Ā 

HOLA448
1 minute ago, prozac said:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-03-16/japan-s-prisons-are-a-haven-for-elderly-women

Japanā€™s Prisons Are a Haven for Elderly Women

Lonely seniors are shoplifting in search of the community and stability of jail.Ā 

You should probably neverĀ visit Japan, it's an absolute hell hole. Traffic jams everywhere, huge pollution problems, roving gangs of marauding elderly ninjas, expensive travel, extremely dangerous. They definitely need a lot of foreign migration to fix such a broken country. I barely made it out alive last time.Ā 

;)

HOLA449
59 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

You should probably neverĀ visit Japan, it's an absolute hell hole. Traffic jams everywhere, huge pollution problems, roving gangs of marauding elderly ninjas, expensive travel, extremely dangerous. They definitely need a lot of foreign migration to fix such a broken country. I barely made it out alive last time.Ā 

;)

I went to Japan 30 years ago I enjoyed it, I saw the good and bad points like everywhereĀ 

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-12-09/japan-economy-shrinks-worse-than-expected-2-5-as-capex-tumblesĀ 

let me guess you popped a Japanese girl in your formative years and now you think they are Ā gods gift to the planet earthĀ 

Edited by prozac

HOLA4410
On 12/12/2018 at 20:08, prozac said:

Most scientific discoveries seem to be accidental if we invested time and money and womanpower think where we would be

I'm a realist. You need to do some basic research into Special Relativity to understand how far off we are from any meaningful interstellar travel. You need to lay off Star Trek.

HOLA4411
22 hours ago, prozac said:

Forgive me if i dont believe you.

Believe what you like:

its generally excepted in scientific circles even if it is under the usual Cultural Marxist Ministry of Truth attack

https://qz.com/441905/men-are-both-dumber-and-smarter-than-women/

But even in these enlightened times,Ā men still do display a wider range of intellectual ability. Using several different measures of intelligence includingĀ IQĀ and SAT scores, more men are found in theĀ high and low tails, according to Josh Aronson, a professor of applied psychology at NYU. ā€œYes, the pattern that I see most often in the IQ literature, and the one that accords with my experience of nearly 40 years being near universities, is that you find more men at the extremes of performance, more among the mind-blowingly brilliant handful that you meet in a lifetime, and also more among the truly intellectually challenged handful. Within the extreme tails of the distribution, however, performance is generally equal between the sexes. But yes, men seem to have an edge at the extreme right end of of the bell curve.ā€

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
39 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

I'm a realist. You need to do some basic research into Special Relativity to understand how far off we are from any meaningful interstellar travel. You need to lay off Star Trek.

Some very nearby in interstellar probes are a plausible development in the near-ish future, not that there will be any results from them within my lifetime. They're merely concepts that require bloody massive engineering challenges to be solved, as opposed to throwing everything we know about the laws of physics in to question.

HOLA4415
5 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Some very nearby in interstellar probes are a plausible development in the near-ish future, not that there will be any results from them within my lifetime. They're merely concepts that require bloody massive engineering challenges to be solved, as opposed to throwing everything we know about the laws of physics in to question.

How are engineering challenges and laws of physics separate? The energy demands to get even close to the speed of light (which would be needed for any practical travel for time dilation to kick in) are astronomical (forgive pun). Mass can never travel at light speed because you'd need an infinite amount of energy to shift it. So imagine how massive even a small object gets at 99% the speed of light?

Of course there's always the fantasy of warp drive which has the same energy problems.Ā 

Bottom line is, I'm not going to rely on it to resolve population issues - there are easier ways.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
5 hours ago, prozac said:

I went to Japan 30 years ago I enjoyed it, I saw the good and bad points like everywhereĀ 

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-12-09/japan-economy-shrinks-worse-than-expected-2-5-as-capex-tumblesĀ 

let me guess you popped a Japanese girl in your formative years and now you think they are Ā gods gift to the planet earthĀ 

Lulz.Ā 

And nah, everyone knows Iā€™m godā€™s gift to the planet earth.

HOLA4419

So what we need to do is get a report from Japan of the percentage of:

gun and knife crime

terror attacks

female genital mutilationĀ 

child brides

forced arranged marriageĀ 

etc etc..

Then wait 20 years and see if those catigories of crime increased with immigration?Ā 

Of course they wonā€™t have.. They will all beĀ more prosperous, people will come together to sing and embrace in a garden of flowers and love..Ā 

Anyone who questions the changes in society will be ridiculed.. The BIG ā€œRā€ word will be hurled at them for questioning the harmony of the new utopiaĀ 

Iā€™m off to the fortified Christmas market to celebrate behind concrete blocks.. ?

Ā 

25ACF4B2-CA24-461E-84CD-BD479A345F4D.jpeg

Edited by macca13

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
9 hours ago, prozac said:

ThanksĀ 

you are such a wonderful guy surprised the 1970s donā€™t want you backĀ 

This site used to be inĀ balance and contained lots of informed discussion on causes of high house prices and what might go wrong.

It is now mostly about beating on immigrants. Many postersĀ seem to have moved on.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
12 hours ago, Maynardgravy said:

How are engineering challenges and laws of physics separate? The energy demands to get even close to the speed of light (which would be needed for any practical travel for time dilation to kick in) are astronomical (forgive pun). Mass can never travel at light speed because you'd need an infinite amount of energy to shift it. So imagine how massive even a small object gets at 99% the speed of light?

Of course there's always the fantasy of warp drive which has the same energy problems.Ā 

Bottom line is, I'm not going to rely on it to resolve population issues - there are easier ways.

Oumuamua means 'scout' in Hawaiian.

https://www.wired.com/story/oumuamua-probably-isnt-a-spaceshipbut-it-could-have-passengers/

lead_720_405.gif?mod=1533691457

Ā 

HOLA4424
9 minutes ago, fru-gal said:

Isn't it strange that this interestellar object just happened to pass within such close proximity to Earth considering the vastness of space. What are the chances...

If we came across civilisations that could travel across space we could trade to purchase than capabilityĀ 

HOLA4425