House Price Crash Forum

Japan passes controversial new immigration bill to attract foreign workers

HOLA441
1 minute ago, prozac said:

Most scientific discoveries seem to be accidental if we invested time and money and womanpower think where we would be

Womanpower? Are you winding me up? Intergalactic travel compared to what we can achieve at present is like crossing a river compared to getting to the moon. Besides, we're too busy paying out WTC to all those people we need.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
6 hours ago, No One said:

Yes, they like to have lots of English teachers there but not much else.

I disagree. The Japanese have a population 100M+ in a landmass equivalent to the UK, but where 50% of it is mountainous. This happened post WW2 where the government pushed for women to have lots of kids, followed by a reversal in the 80's when they realised that they where overpopulating. What we are seeing now is population deflation, which is good.

They ought to use robots to keep up the slack and allow their population to shrink.

I don't get you, honestly. We have 7 Billion people polluting. We don't need more. This idea that we need to be eco friendly but we need more population to keep up economic growth/pensions of the previous generation is contradictory. We can't have both.

We need a Global Population Crash GPC ;)

We should learn to grow and develop without more population, as a human species.

But I'm not convinced that is what really motivates you. People moving around from one country to the next isn't growing the population but it is the thing you seem to oppose the most. You're a primitive human who can't move past tribalism.

Edited by dugsbody

HOLA443
23 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

Not necessarily. We're on the cusp of a robotic revolution. The normal human ponzi scheme will be redundant soon enough. The West of course will be left with huge numbers of unproductive, debt drones. I'm assuming Japan will actually import people they actually need so they don't destroy their own culture with 'multiculturalism' (which is anything but).

Of course they could actually promote policies to make families more attractive to normal working people - same could be said here and in Germany. Not that hard, even Hiltler seemed to manage it and he was a loon.

I remember in the 70s when computers would make everybody redundant, never happened, i dont thinks robotics is going to change the world as much as people think.

Why are people like you so upset, well japan does not have the guardian and lefties who people like you blame for multiculturalism, they look at the UK and like what they see with all its warts.

Edited by prozac

HOLA444
HOLA445
1 hour ago, prozac said:

Most scientific discoveries seem to be accidental if we invested time and money and womanpower think where we would be

Apparently men deviate from the average intelligence more, so you get more retards on one end and more geniuses on the other. Women don’t deviate from average intelligence as much as much so less retards but less geniuses too.

HOLA446
6 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Apparently men deviate from the average intelligence more, so you get more retards on one end and more geniuses on the other. Women don’t deviate from average intelligence as much as much so less retards but less geniuses too.

Forgive me if i dont believe you.

HOLA447
1 hour ago, prozac said:

If that's the case, the Jews have been very lucky at discoveries.

I think we should invest much more in science but women should be free to do what they like, maybe they have discovered less than men because they are just not interested in discovering

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Whatever they do (and I’ve visited many times and have Japanese friends) I sincerely hope they tie any visas to mandatory language acquirements. Allowing ghettos of foreign workers speaking only their home language defeats integration completely (and no, I don’t consider second and third generation fluency to be adequate).

No language = no integration = no cultural understanding and respect = problems

HOLA4411
17 hours ago, No One said:

I don't get you, honestly. We have 7 Billion people polluting. We don't need more. This idea that we need to be eco friendly but we need more population to keep up economic growth/pensions of the previous generation is contradictory. We can't have both.

We need a Global Population Crash GPC ;)

+ 1 :D

Houses would be cheaper

HOLA4412
12 hours ago, Maynardgravy said:

Womanpower? Are you winding me up? Intergalactic travel compared to what we can achieve at present is like crossing a river compared to getting to the moon. Besides, we're too busy paying out WTC to all those people we need.

You have a very defeatist attitude 

HOLA4413
46 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

Whatever they do (and I’ve visited many times and have Japanese friends) I sincerely hope they tie any visas to mandatory language acquirements. Allowing ghettos of foreign workers speaking only their home language defeats integration completely (and no, I don’t consider second and third generation fluency to be adequate).

No language = no integration = no cultural understanding and respect = problems

If you want the cheapest cost workers you will not be able to put that stipulation in.

One if the reasons Japan would benefit from immigration is that you would have people that think differently 

Do you not think Japanese culture has hit a wall 

Edited by prozac

HOLA4414
13 hours ago, dugsbody said:

We should learn to grow and develop without more population, as a human species.

But I'm not convinced that is what really motivates you. People moving around from one country to the next isn't growing the population but it is the thing you seem to oppose the most. You're a primitive human who can't move past tribalism.

?

Please, enlighten me about what motivates me, as you seem to know more about me than me.

HOLA4415
56 minutes ago, prozac said:

If you want the cheapest cost workers you will not be able to put that stipulation in.

One if the reasons Japan would benefit from immigration is that you would have people that think differently 

no I don't. J culture is constantly evolving and changing, as are all others.

Why would I wan't the cheapest cost workers, that seems like exploitation by the bourgeois on the working class. 

Edited by No One

HOLA4416
1 hour ago, PeanutButter said:

+ 1 :D

Houses would be cheaper

That's only a tiny benefit. Here  are some others

-less demand on the land

-less exploitation of fish stocks

-less carbon emissions

-more space

-abandoned areas by humans can be reclaimed by nature

-less hunger and suffering

HOLA4417
13 hours ago, dugsbody said:

tribalism is part of nature, and so are humans 

it's not something we can escape from, no matter how many pills of @prozac you take

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
1 hour ago, prozac said:

To be honest I feel like all your questions are vaguely trolling.

Define 'hit a wall' and explain why you believe endless human population growth on a finite planet is good for humans and the rest of the biosphere. 

As for 'have people that think differently' do you mean all nations should be forced to incorporate multiculturalism against the wishes of the majority of the population? Crushing the will of the people and forcing them into changes often ends badly. 

And my experience of Japan has always been that they do not want 'the cheapest' they want THE BEST. That is why their culture (the one so many people seem to want to dismantle) has given the world excellent vehicles, ground-breaking fashion, robotics (did you know Boston Dynamics is owned by SoftBank Group?), renowned skincare, photographic equipment and many others. 

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, No One said:

That's only a tiny benefit. Here  are some others

-less demand on the land

-less exploitation of fish stocks

-less carbon emissions

-more space

-abandoned areas by humans can be reclaimed by nature

-less hunger and suffering

Fewer humans on the planet is entirely good. The latest predictions are being revised from peaking at 11 billion to 15 billion. 

HOLA4423
45 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

To be honest I feel like all your questions are vaguely trolling.

Define 'hit a wall' and explain why you believe endless human population growth on a finite planet is good for humans and the rest of the biosphere. 

As for 'have people that think differently' do you mean all nations should be forced to incorporate multiculturalism against the wishes of the majority of the population? Crushing the will of the people and forcing them into changes often ends badly. 

And my experience of Japan has always been that they do not want 'the cheapest' they want THE BEST. That is why their culture (the one so many people seem to want to dismantle) has given the world excellent vehicles, ground-breaking fashion, robotics (did you know Boston Dynamics is owned by SoftBank Group?), renowned skincare, photographic equipment and many others. 

No one wants to dismantle Japanese culture 

I believe in one world one government in currency 

HOLA4424
HOLA4425