Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
prozac

Japan passes controversial new immigration bill to attract foreign workers

Recommended Posts

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/japan-passes-controversial-new-immigration-bill-to-attract-foreign-workers/2018/12/07/a76d8420-f9f3-11e8-863a-8972120646e0_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e369bc62cac4

 

TOKYO —  Japan’s parliament passed an immigration law Saturday that aims to attract 345,000 foreign workers over the next five years, seeking to plug gaps in the country’s rapidly shrinking and aging workforce.

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s government forced through the law despite protests from opposition parties that argued the legislation was vague and hastily drawn up. Critics also claim it fails to address the question of social inclusion and rights for foreign workers.

But the law is driven by some inescapable demographic pressures. The fertility rate has fallen to 1.4 children per women, far below the replacement rate of 2.1, while the population is already dropping by about 400,000 people a year.

That places a significant burden on Japan’s economy, with fewer taxpayers and more dependents. The proportion of people over 65 years old has already risen to 28 percent — one of the highest in the world. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perhaps they should recruit all those Doctors and Engineers coming out of Syria and Africa.......

Whats the betting this is based on the following:

Attracting young childless workers for fixed term contract period VISA's who will return to their countries of origin at the end of the VISA period

No social benefits 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Perhaps they should recruit all those Doctors and Engineers coming out of Syria and Africa.......

Whats the betting this is based on the following:

Attracting young childless workers for fixed term contract period VISA's who will return to their countries of origin at the end of the VISA period

No social benefits 

Whatever intention they have, things will change as they did in the UK

The japanese have been brainwashed to be racially pure, when they meet these doctors and engineers from Syria and Africa, they will change, you married an iranian i am sure 20 years ago you were a racist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, prozac said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/japan-passes-controversial-new-immigration-bill-to-attract-foreign-workers/2018/12/07/a76d8420-f9f3-11e8-863a-8972120646e0_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.e369bc62cac4

 

TOKYO —  Japan’s parliament passed an immigration law Saturday that aims to attract 345,000 foreign workers over the next five years, seeking to plug gaps in the country’s rapidly shrinking and aging workforce.

Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s government forced through the law despite protests from opposition parties that argued the legislation was vague and hastily drawn up. Critics also claim it fails to address the question of social inclusion and rights for foreign workers.

But the law is driven by some inescapable demographic pressures. The fertility rate has fallen to 1.4 children per women, far below the replacement rate of 2.1, while the population is already dropping by about 400,000 people a year.

That places a significant burden on Japan’s economy, with fewer taxpayers and more dependents. The proportion of people over 65 years old has already risen to 28 percent — one of the highest in the world. 

my god, even the Japanese are falling for this

 

a declining population is not a problem, all it means asset prices fall and wages rise, eventually making work highly remunerating which turns to higher TFR. Equilibrium can be reached eventually, Japan is overpopulated.

 

They will find out the hard way what this road leads to

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, prozac said:

Whatever intention they have, things will change as they did in the UK

The japanese have been brainwashed to be racially pure, when they meet these doctors and engineers from Syria and Africa, they will change, you married an iranian i am sure 20 years ago you were a racist.

you mean the Japanese want to be Japanese

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, No One said:

you mean the Japanese want to be Japanese

Even the Koreans are regarded with suspicion...Arabs, Africans?? I cant see it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, No One said:

my god, even the Japanese are falling for this

 

a declining population is not a problem, all it means asset prices fall and wages rise, eventually making work highly remunerating which turns to higher TFR. Equilibrium can be reached eventually, Japan is overpopulated.

 

They will find out the hard way what this road leads to

I expect their solution is a guest worker programme with very restricted citizenship rights.  If you are interested in the best outcome for the existing population this is the only sensible approach.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, No One said:

my god, even the Japanese are falling for this

 

a declining population is not a problem, all it means asset prices fall and wages rise, eventually making work highly remunerating which turns to higher TFR. Equilibrium can be reached eventually, Japan is overpopulated.

 

They will find out the hard way what this road leads to

They have been playing this game for long enough and they realise that they are wrong, there society has become sterile all the kids having virtual girlfriends

they need the world more than the world needs them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wayward said:

I expect their solution is a guest worker programme with very restricted citizenship rights.  If you are interested in the best outcome for the existing population this is the only sensible approach.

For Japan to succeed it needs to become multicultural like the UK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wayward said:

I expect their solution is a guest worker programme with very restricted citizenship rights.  If you are interested in the best outcome for the existing population this is the only sensible approach.

Yes, they like to have lots of English teachers there but not much else.

 

33 minutes ago, prozac said:

They have been playing this game for long enough and they realise that they are wrong, there society has become sterile all the kids having virtual girlfriends

they need the world more than the world needs them 

I disagree. The Japanese have a population 100M+ in a landmass equivalent to the UK, but where 50% of it is mountainous. This happened post WW2 where the government pushed for women to have lots of kids, followed by a reversal in the 80's when they realised that they where overpopulating. What we are seeing now is population deflation, which is good.

They ought to use robots to keep up the slack and allow their population to shrink.

I don't get you, honestly. We have 7 Billion people polluting. We don't need more. This idea that we need to be eco friendly but we need more population to keep up economic growth/pensions of the previous generation is contradictory. We can't have both.

We need a Global Population Crash GPC ;)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, No One said:

Yes, they like to have lots of English teachers there but not much else.

 

I disagree. The Japanese have a population 100M+ in a landmass equivalent to the UK, but where 50% of it is mountainous. This happened post WW2 where the government pushed for women to have lots of kids, followed by a reversal in the 80's when they realised that they where overpopulating. What we are seeing now is population deflation, which is good.

They ought to use robots to keep up the slack and allow their population to shrink.

I don't get you, honestly. We have 7 Billion people polluting. We don't need more. This idea that we need to be eco friendly but we need more population to keep up economic growth/pensions of the previous generation is contradictory. We can't have both.

We need a Global Population Crash GPC ;)

 

 

We need to leave this planet, we need to build propulsion systems that can take us to further galaxies not give up

you are a coward, I am surprised your ancestors even came out of the trees

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, No One said:

my god, even the Japanese are falling for this

 

a declining population is not a problem, all it means asset prices fall and wages rise, eventually making work highly remunerating which turns to higher TFR. Equilibrium can be reached eventually, Japan is overpopulated.

 

They will find out the hard way what this road leads to

A declining population is something I'd really, really love to see here in the UK. That said too rapidly declining a population is a problem - I noticed the figures quoted are still rather lower than the rate at which their population is falling (down by 400 000 a year vs. 345 000 over five years), so it might not be an unreasonable for Japan. It would be a thoroughly stupid move for the UK (even though it would be much less bad than what we've actually got).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, prozac said:

We need to leave this planet, we need to build propulsion systems that can take us to further galaxies not give up

you are a coward, I am surprised your ancestors even came out of the trees

 

bit racist mate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Perhaps they should recruit all those Doctors and Engineers coming out of Syria and Africa.......

Whats the betting this is based on the following:

Attracting young childless workers for fixed term contract period VISA's who will return to their countries of origin at the end of the VISA period

No social benefits 

Correct - the plan for recruiting more blue collar workers will be based on a relatively short-term visa. There is another plan for more skilled labour who may stay longer and even bring their families, but that is not that different to what exists today for expat bankers etc. 

There is some kind of foreign trainee scheme in place already and that is already widely abused to take on cheap foreign labour to do tasks that Japanese don't want to do.

One of the biggest barriers is language - it is a difficult language to learn and few Japanese speak even vaguely passable English. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, prozac said:

For Japan to succeed it needs to become multicultural like the UK

Earlier in this thread you stated the Japanese had been brainwashed, it appears we are easily brainwashed too.

There is no doubt that on some measures some cultures do benefit our society, not all do though. 

In the past everyone thought their own culture was superior, then we were told we are all equal. Obviously, it is not possible for each culture to be superior (ignoring the subjectivity of the term 'superior') and history/genetics/innate attributes suggest that we are not equal.

The only answer appears that certain cultures are probably better and I am.not saying it is us. If I was Japan I would be trying to get as many Jews in as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Killian said:

Earlier in this thread you stated the Japanese had been brainwashed, it appears we are easily brainwashed too.

There is no doubt that on some measures some cultures do benefit our society, not all do though. 

In the past everyone thought their own culture was superior, then we were told we are all equal. Obviously, it is not possible for each culture to be superior (ignoring the subjectivity of the term 'superior') and history/genetics/innate attributes suggest that we are not equal.

The only answer appears that certain cultures are probably better and I am.not saying it is us. If I was Japan I would be trying to get as many Jews in as possible.

Going somewhere else, do you realise that the German and Japanese population is not reproducing at replacement levels, ever wondered why?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maynardgravy said:

We can only dream of taking so few.

This is the start, they have to bring in large numbers a bit difficult if you have been promoting Japan first policies.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

Lol, you live in a dream world. We can barely get out of the Earth's gravitational pull.

Most scientific discoveries seem to be accidental if we invested time and money and womanpower think where we would be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, prozac said:

This is the start, they have to bring in large numbers a bit difficult if you have been promoting Japan first policies.

 

Not necessarily. We're on the cusp of a robotic revolution. The normal human ponzi scheme will be redundant soon enough. The West of course will be left with huge numbers of unproductive, debt drones. I'm assuming Japan will actually import people they actually need so they don't destroy their own culture with 'multiculturalism' (which is anything but).

Of course they could actually promote policies to make families more attractive to normal working people - same could be said here and in Germany. Not that hard, even Hiltler seemed to manage it and he was a loon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 294 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.