House Price Crash Forum

FTSE down 2% reunion thread

On 06/12/2018 at 23:48, localhero1983 said:

I made the same point somewhere else today, the errors of the Rich have seen the millions of poorest attempt to fix their mess while they got richer. Oh come on, someone who say made £3 Billion, can he not be all philosophical about it and accept that he can still have a great life with £2 Billion. Well he seems he couldn't and demanded £4 Billion, this is why so many people in the UK are now turning to populism.

Not just in the U.K., globally.. 

They say UKIP is dead with tommy Robinson now onboard.. I would not be do sure.. 

They were dying after the referendum but with Brexit chaos and continued worry over immigration, especially integration from outside of the EU they could become more powerful than ever before.. 

Our terrorist watchlist grows by the day..

Maybe UKIP’s biggest mistake was they were not right wing enough? 

Elections will be interesting especially if both Labour and CON’s stand as Pro EU or 2nd referendum.. 

I don’t believe the poles that say remain would nudge it.. People are sick of the downhill trajectory of the economy and having immigration shoved down there throats whilst the government tell them how great it all is..  

Coz everyone loves lower wages, poor air, crap housing and an extra hour in the car every day on gridlocked roads..

Looks like we may get a few more 2% drops this year.

Late last week the Death Cross reared its head https://finance.yahoo.com/news/death-cross-portends-more-near-083949812.html

It is a bit of a technical point, but means the 200 day moving average has been broken by the 50 day average.

I’m actually hoping for some big drops now. As mention I sold all the stocks in my pension fund on the morning of 9th October - whilst I should have done it between 2 and 9 months early, I got out about 5% from the top. As long as I hold my nerve long enough and buy in nearer the bottom (easier than selling at the top), then I think my retirement is paid for.

I just need to avoid jumping in too early. I suspect staying out of the stock market until 2020 might be a good thing.

On 08/12/2018 at 10:42, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

I sold all the stocks in my pension fund on the morning of 9th October

Are you now in cash? Aviva platform (my employer's pension provider) seems to offer only bad choices right now.

I don't want stocks.

I don't want corp bonds because they'll turn into a bloodbath in a debt deflation.

Deposit funds are sterling denominated -> Brexit liability.

Would really like to be in treasuries right now.

7 hours ago, Bearly Audible said:

Are you now in cash? Aviva platform (my employer's pension provider) seems to offer only bad choices right now.

I don't want stocks.

I don't want corp bonds because they'll turn into a bloodbath in a debt deflation.

Deposit funds are sterling denominated -> Brexit liability.

Would really like to be in treasuries right now.

I have several funds, one of which does include Aviva and yes, it is Sterling based.

That said, I'd say buy on rumour, sell on the news. The EU and US are all due a devaluation, and I think Brexshit is already priced in. I still think we won't Brexshit.

But then I am in other funds as well that allow for non-Steling.

Strangely (given that they were meant to fall due to rising IRs)  if the SHTF, then it may be worth looking at bonds, again assuming they are high-quality ones. 

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein