House Price Crash Forum
prozac

Diane Abbot for Prime minister

2 hours ago, prozac said:

No she has not, she has been dealt cards that unplayable, her cards are lose or lose, 

She has been dealt bad cards, but could have played them better.

If she didn't call an election she would have had a majority. She wouldn't have had to rely on the DUP and she would have been in a stronger and more stable position.

Perhaps she could have achieved a better election result (maybe campaigning would have helped). Maybe she should have called it earlier. Maybe she shouldn't have insisted she wasn't going to call one.

I'm not sure she could have negotiated better, but she certainly could be more open about the options now. Continuing to deny the possibility of remaining or a second referendum is disgraceful.

Aside from handling Brexit, she could have done some good elsewhere (instead of cutting stamp duty, how about something sensible - no need to elaborate here, as this is hpc after all).

1 hour ago, Freezer? Best place for it said:

She has ruled over Help To Sell, continued emergency measures, continued failure to balance the books, lost a majority, bought "friends",  pretended that austerity has ended,  sat round the table when Camoron discussed Brexit,  threw her OWN hat into the ring,  has seen many foodbanks needed, but appeared "The One Show" - she really is the worst PM ever, and a walking abortion.  She has made foodbanks the Google of the 21st centuray.

Every problem you mention is small, except Brexit, ithink she will be defined by brexit.

On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 16:20, NoGo said:

I have spent the last week listening to and considering various 'what happens next' scenarios. I have to say that this suggestion is by far the most disturbing and harrowing. 

I have never liked her, since I first became aware of her via the show 'This week' (mid 2000's). I think she is just one of those people who would do or say anything to be on the TV / in the media / be noticed in the street....

Diane Abbott for I'm a celebrity 2019 

:lol: Yes, massively disturbing on a lot of different levels.

38 minutes ago, Kosmin said:

If she didn't call an election she would have had a majority. She wouldn't have had to rely on the DUP and she would have been in a stronger and more stable position.

Perhaps she could have achieved a better election result (maybe campaigning would have helped). Maybe she should have called it earlier. Maybe she shouldn't have insisted she wasn't going to call one.

I'm not sure she could have negotiated better, but she certainly could be more open about the options now. Continuing to deny the possibility of remaining or a second referendum is disgraceful.

Aside from handling Brexit, she could have done some good elsewhere (instead of cutting stamp duty, how about something sensible - no need to elaborate here, as this is hpc after all).

She does not have a crystal ball, so many ifs

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas 

38 minutes ago, Kosmin said:

Only if you don`t like democracy, it is actually one of the few sensible things she is doing IMO. None of the political class when it really comes down to it want a second ref. because the damage that does to their position is massive, hence the two year pretence of "leaving" only to come up with a watered down "staying" arrangement. Problem is there is too much opposition to this rubbish deal ("Leave" won the vote remember, and MP`s are conscious of losing their seats if they don`t act for their voters) so May is finished IMO, and we are going Hard Brexit because the EU have to get this done and dusted before their next election/riot/banking crisis to show others that we have voted for a hard road, and leaving isn`t a good option (The EU project is of course Kaput, but they will drag it out to the bitter end anyway, far too much ego involved)

On 05/12/2018 at 20:25, GeneCernan said:

Yep, that photo has been 'shopped to hell but you just know she'd be the first to support the current suggestion that such manipulation should be outlawed.

Just for the record:

diane-abbott.jpg?w968

Nah< This is Photoshop

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 17.35.06.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-08 at 17.34.14.png

Just now, Freezer? Best place for it said:

Failed to balance the books - SMALL!!  You are touched if you think this is small.  Bless. 

Most countries cant balance the books.

7 minutes ago, Freezer? Best place for it said:

But don't say they will.  Most people would call this lying.  Just like saying "There's no change", or "I will not call an Election".

She is not any different than the other politicians

Name one that could have done better (British + contemporary)

1 hour ago, dances with sheeple said:

Only if you don`t like democracy,

The trouble with the referendum is it wasn't truly binary. For people who want to leave above all else it may seem binary (some people may be indifferent between any deal and no deal), but given the variety of different promises and comments and arguments it's clear a lot Leavers want different and conflicting things.

More accurately, if your a democrat you don't accept such a complicated question being put to the public and then interpreted by the government. I think we just have to accept that a large part of the decision-making processes to leave have to be undemocratic. May and the government argue that given the referendum result, the subsequent decisions by the government have be undemocratic: We have to ignore any differences in the nature of leaving to what was discussed in the campaign. We have to ignore the possibility that people have changed their mind and we have to ignore the changes in the electorate.

1 hour ago, prozac said:

She does not have a crystal ball, so many ifs

If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we’d all have a merry Christmas 

That may be an argument against choosing to hold the election, but most of the outcomes of her bad decisions were predictable.

It would be a huge list of people more competent than May.  Even a wino off the Streets would be better.  She is hopeless beyond belief.

Someone who is in the conservative party.

37 minutes ago, prozac said:

Someone who is in the conservative party.

Kenneth Clarke or Jacob Rees-Mogg. Probably quite a few others. Not Boris the Menace though.

2 minutes ago, Kosmin said:

Kenneth Clarke or Jacob Rees-Mogg. Probably quite a few others. Not Boris the Menace though.

I personally cannot think of a single conservative or even labour politician than can heal the divisions of brexit.

I hope my selfishness can be forgiven, but I want Teresa to continue for many years.

I think life would be unbearable without her as she brings out the best in Jan Ravens.

This week's 'Dead Ringers' (I'm not a big fan) TM send ups by Jan were supreme. Better than her Diane Abbbottt. So it's no contest.

11 hours ago, Cosmic Lunatic Asylum said:

I hope my selfishness can be forgiven, but I want Teresa to continue for many years.

I think life would be unbearable without her as she brings out the best in Jan Ravens.

This week's 'Dead Ringers' (I'm not a big fan) TM send ups by Jan were supreme. Better than her Diane Abbbottt. So it's no contest.

15 hours ago, Freezer? Best place for it said:

It would be a huge list of people more competent than May.  Even a wino off the Streets would be better.  She is hopeless beyond belief.

Or a gardener.  Peter Sellers in Being There if I'm not mistaken.

Have to get round to seeing it someday.

19 hours ago, prozac said:

She is not any different than the other politicians

Name one that could have done better (British + contemporary)

Corbyn, of course. Head and shoulders above his contemporaries. Single-handedly saved the Labour Party from extinction at the hands of the neoliberals. Everything Blair isn't, as the Great Shatan himself admitted this week in a rare moment of candour.  A radical, progressive spending program is all that can save the UK from national bankruptcy. Just as surely, Jezza is perhaps the only British politician who could deliver one in time. A longstanding eurosceptic; uniquely, he might even be able to unite the country post-Brexit.

5 hours ago, Bluestone59 said:

Or a gardener.  Peter Sellers in Being There if I'm not mistaken.

Have to get round to seeing it someday.

A great film; this song was based on the real gardener who was the inspiration for the character played by Peter Sellers.

That is setting the standard very, very low.

I can't see the tories voting for corbyn well unless the only other candidate was Boris 

On 06/12/2018 at 12:11, prozac said:

Or no matter what she says the media hate her

lets be honest they do hate her because she is black 

I doubt it. I can't stand her because she is a hypocrite & plays the race card, just like that cockwomble David Lammy, who I also detest. They are both thick and survive by appeals to emotion that crumple under logical scrutiny as well, which doesn't help. I see both of them as candidates who may well not be in their current positions WITHOUT racism favouring achieving a certain quota.

I don't detest other non-white politicians who don't behave like them in the slightest.