House Price Crash Forum
prozac

Hipsters in dalston running out of money

I am starting to hear a few stories of hipsters in dalston running out of money.

A lot of shops that target them as customers are starting to close.

Silicon roundabout is not generating much cash, bomad can no longer help.

Only the hipsters that purchased a property can remortgage.

The good news keeps coming today.  The Brexit debacle in Parliament has pushed the £ down, Emoov have folded and now a Hipster generated series of shop closures.  Perhaps we should start a 'Help a Hipster' campaign.

Edited by dougless

On 03/12/2018 at 22:50, prozac said:

I am starting to hear a few stories of hipsters in dalston running out of money.

A lot of shops that target them as customers are starting to close.

Shops will close - most people buy on-line now  this is hardly news

5 minutes ago, happyguy said:

Shops will close - most people buy on-line now  this is hardly news

Coffee shops closing 

but you are part right skateboard clothing shop has also closed 

On 04/12/2018 at 17:26, dougless said:

The good news keeps coming today.  The Brexit debacle in Parliament has pushed the £ down, Emoov have folded and now a Hipster generated series of shop closures.  Perhaps we should start a 'Help a Hipster' campaign.

Time for taxpayer funded Help to Hipster scheme. Only for first time wearers of skin tight jeans.

On 07/12/2018 at 20:08, Arpeggio said:

Time for taxpayer funded Help to Hipster scheme. Only for first time wearers of skin tight jeans.

I was looking for a pair of jeans a few weeks ago and I looked inside River Island. It seemed as if the only men's jeans they sold were skin tight ones. Alas, as an over 40 male with a sturdy pair of legs I'm clearly not in River Island's target demographic.

9 minutes ago, MattW said:

I was looking for a pair of jeans a few weeks ago and I looked inside River Island. It seemed as if the only men's jeans they sold were skin tight ones. Alas, as an over 40 male with a sturdy pair of legs I'm clearly not in River Island's target demographic.

You are not alone bro! On the same mission as you, I found a pair in my waist size, couldn't even get the legs past my calf!! Clearly not the shop for me ;)

9 hours ago, MattW said:

Maybe it's population control. Tight trousers for males to lower fertility. No idea why so many young men want to wear trousers so tight lol. You could just go full Elizabethan and wear tights.

caa67ee1a85373d037e564d317896485.jpg

On 30/12/2018 at 11:51, Switch625 said:

You are not alone bro! On the same mission as you, I found a pair in my waist size, couldn't even get the legs past my calf!! Clearly not the shop for me ;)

18 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

Maybe it's population control. Tight trousers for males to lower fertility. No idea why so many young men want to wear trousers so tight lol. You could just go full Elizabethan and wear tights.

:lol::lol:

So my quest for a pair of jeans ended today. Found the style I wanted (Boot cut) in Next but not the size so I have ordered it at the till.

I was browsing their clearance rail and there were some jeans that said 'spray on' on the label. Sounds like a right faff to wear to me. They looked incredibly tight fitting, I muttered to myself: 'not bloody likely!'.

On 30/12/2018 at 11:38, MattW said:

Weirdly I am now slimmer in my 40s than I was in my 30s, but am the same weight. I have done a bit of running and rowing, but lifting the kids about seems to have built muscle mass.  

I can just about get into Slim fit hipster style jeans/trousers, but definitely not the skinny ones. Quite sure those wouldn’t have worked in my 20s either.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

7 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Weirdly I am now slimmer in my 40s than I was in my 30s, but am the same weight. I have done a bit of running and rowing, but lifting the kids about seems to have built muscle mass.  

I can just about get into Slim fit hipster style jeans/trousers, but definitely not the skinny ones. Quite sure those wouldn’t have worked in my 20s either.

Then you fit my mind's eye's view of the skinny middle aged IT developer type, not the lardy middle aged DBA :)

1 hour ago, Si1 said:

Then you fit my mind's eye's view of the skinny middle aged IT developer type, not the lardy middle aged DBA :)

Are DBAs normally more lardy?

Drinking too much Oracle cool aid.

Edited by Mikhail Liebenstein

53 minutes ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Are DBAs normally more lardy?

Drinking too much Oracle cool aid.

Eating junk food on night shifts...

On 04/12/2018 at 17:26, dougless said:

LA will be pleased ...

Brick Lane by LA Salami