House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazychick

Land Registry Sites - Puzzled

I know that this sounds stupid - but when I have been looking at land registry data on nethouseprices etc - some properties have not been listed. I know this to be the case as a friend completed in September 2005 - and her property is not listed anywhere I've also seen sold signs on two other houses - definitely been sold and they are not listed either. - I've checked a number of sites. How can this be?

I bet the EAs are nervous of the land registry sites. I thought prices might be forced down if people had more knowledge but this doesn't seem to be the case I'm afraid

I know that this sounds stupid - but when I have been looking at land registry data on nethouseprices etc - some properties have not been listed. I know this to be the case as a friend completed in September 2005 - and her property is not listed anywhere I've also seen sold signs on two other houses - definitely been sold and they are not listed either. - I've checked a number of sites. How can this be?

I bet the EAs are nervous of the land registry sites. I thought prices might be forced down if people had more knowledge but this doesn't seem to be the case I'm afraid

some might say there's a bit of collusion going on to hold back the "bargains" from being published ;)

I actually doubt this is a conspiracy. Its probably just crap land registry system. When they commissioned the system they probably included the word 'robust' but failed to identify what that mean't in practical terms.

Sometimes the LR are just sloppy and take too much time processing these things, another way of keeping data off the public register is to buy a property through a trust (preferably offshore), a lot of celebs do this, at least those who aren't boasting ar$eh****

I actually doubt this is a conspiracy. Its probably just crap land registry system.

Indeed, it involves the public sector and the use of IT, we'd be amazed if the outcome wasn't anything other than utter incompetence and failure.

I blame internal sabotage by some sorry 'officers' trying to preserve their outmoded jobs :lol: