House Price Crash Forum
reddog

Yellow Vest Protests

17 hours ago, jiltedjen said:

thing is when you actually go to protests 90% of people there are just like me, wanting to take some nice photos when i fancy myself as some 'in the action' photographer, if you see the clips most have cameras or phones out. Its just cool to get in the action.

exactly it is just trendy to go on a protest.  Working people do not they are too busy working.  It is just the snowflake students who do this to pat themselves on their own back and think they are "right on I am politically aware YA" " see me on mebook and Twatter YA" 

Terror attack / or nutter attack in Strasbourg.  Sympathies to the victims, however wonder how this will play with the yellow vests?  Started another thread last night saying France in an even worse financial mess than the average HPCer would think.

Really wondering where things go from here?

I know we used to have a poster that lived in France on HPC around the time of the Charlie Hebdo attacks, he had a few interesting insights, he even got me reading a book about the Algerian war of independence (very dirty war), would be interesting if he posted again.

'Gilets jaunes': Hundreds of speed cameras in France out of service since protests began

It is thought they became a target because the devices are a symbol of a government that protesters claim is taking too much money from them. 

Allez les jaunes . . .

On 11/12/2018 at 13:34, happyguy said:

exactly it is just trendy to go on a protest.  Working people do not they are too busy working.  It is just the snowflake students who do this to pat themselves on their own back and think they are "right on I am politically aware YA" " see me on mebook and Twatter YA" 

unpleasant comment withdrawn, I wish you well

Edited by North London Rent Girl
remorse at adding to internet nastiness

On 12/12/2018 at 10:38, Big Orange said:

Yeah, my tinfoil hat is getting a bit singed at hearing this...

Oh, goodness, this and reddog's post above it, don't start me off. Am reinforcing me tin foil hat and buying a gas mark, praps in a fetching silver to go with. Whatever happened in Strasbourg, and we'll never know, what's happening on the streets of Paris is mind-blowing enough. It really does look like the start of a revolution. Yikes hurray.

Fair play to the French for getting off their asses. Unfortunately, with such a docile population, it's something that you just don't see here.