House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ftb_fml

Oxford Mail: "'Best housing deals' will go to early birds, developer claims"

5 minutes ago, Tes Tickle said:

Did they really intend to allow comments on that infommercial article?!  Some great ones already.

Will be interesting to see if they remain up. I'll complain if they don't!

2 minutes ago, Wayward said:

Early birds??? Turkeys to to slaughter more like....

Yeah, I thought it more a case of "the worm (or maggot) gets the early bird"..

Those comments about build quality are very unfair...after all,  plasterboard dabbed onto poorly-pointed brick means lots of convenient holes so that you can have conversations with your next-door neighbour without having to step outside your house in the cold weather!

That's innovation!

Also of course one can save money on TV licences, Sky subscriptions etc. by merely sitting and listening to whatever your neighbours are watching/listening to - instead of changing channel, simply drag your settee over from one party wall to the other!

That's cost-saving!

Poor quality my a**e. It's cutting-edge stuff.

5 hours ago, ftb_fml said:

Here.

Love the comments in response to this little brown nugget of PR-driven non-news - 6 so far and all absolutely eviscerating Persimmon and / or panning the market in general :D

Diamond comments.  I suspect the reason they are offering off plan is so you buy before you see the shit you are buying?

I keep seeing ads for off-plan newbuild shoeboxes, where the main photo is a fictional rendered cad drawing.  They always show the house taking up the middle half of the photo, with a quarter photo-width either side of bright green grass, perhaps with a cute hedge.  Nobody has built a mass-produced house like this for a couple of decades, people must be devastated when they see what they actually get after buying off-plan.

E.g. this...

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67907032.html

...will look absolutely nothing like that when built.  Here's a genuine photo of another, showing how different reality is...

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65480998.html

7 hours ago, Tes Tickle said:

I keep seeing ads for off-plan newbuild shoeboxes, where the main photo is a fictional rendered cad drawing.  They always show the house taking up the middle half of the photo, with a quarter photo-width either side of bright green grass, perhaps with a cute hedge.  Nobody has built a mass-produced house like this for a couple of decades, people must be devastated when they see what they actually get after buying off-plan.

E.g. this...

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-67907032.html

...will look absolutely nothing like that when built.  Here's a genuine photo of another, showing how different reality is...

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-65480998.html

move them into zone 3-6 and i will buy 

17 hours ago, longgone said:

move them into zone 3-6 and i will buy 

It's interesting from a psychological point of view how perspectives differ, and how people get conditioned to house prices over time.  Four hundred grand is a shitload of money, wherever you live.  Those bricks you can see in the front wall are under a quid each, as are the roof tiles.  Timber's dirt cheap, plasterboard costs little more than cardboard, and it has just enough land to physically fit into.

This is why CEOs of housebuilders get millions in bonuses.

Edited by Tes Tickle

31 minutes ago, Tes Tickle said:

It's interesting from a psychological point of view how perspectives differ, and how people get conditioned to house prices over time.  Four hundred grand is a shitload of money, wherever you live.  Those bricks you can see in the front wall are under a quid each, as are the roof tiles.  Timber's dirt cheap, plasterboard costs little more than cardboard, and it has just enough land to physically fit into.

This is why CEOs of housebuilders get millions in bonuses.

that may be the case, but what can you do about it. 

give me some free and and i will build a house that will last 300 years.  for 200k