House Price Crash Forum
No One

ITS OFFICIAL, NO DEAL BREXIT = HPC

To all remoaners out there, if you truly want an HPC you have to agree a no deal Brexit is the best way to achieve this. Mark Carnage just had a big meeting with the press confriming that No deal = 33% discount

Image result for bear market

Edited by No One

The Bank of England says that a disorderly Brexit could push the UK towards the biggest slump in modern memory.

It says that a disorderly Brexit, involving no new trade deals, severe disruption at borders and uncertain economic conditions, could lead to the British economy shrinking by nearly 8% - more than the effect of the financial crisis.

In an 88-page document, the bank also claims that a disorderly Brexit could lead to house prices falling by 30%, unemployment nearly doubling and inflation spiralling to 6.5%.

Under those circumstances, the interest rate could rocket to 5.5%, it adds.

53 minutes ago, No One said:

To all remoaners out there, if you truly want an HPC you have to agree a no deal Brexit is the best way to achieve this. Mark Carnage just had a big meeting with the press confriming that No deal = 33% discount 

One of the big problems we face is ludicrous house prices. Are you seriously proposing the solution is to wish for an obliterated economy so that we have bigger problems to worry about? 

Someone on here was claiming another poster was a Russian troll the other day. Perhaps there are state sponsored posters on here after all because your suggestion that the forecasted impact would somehow be beneficial is baseless idiocy. 

3 minutes ago, pizza said:

If GDP declines 8%, interest rates rose to 5.5% and unemployment was at 7.5%, house prices would fall a lot more than 30%.  

Fingers crossed.

Edited by Captain Kirk

1 minute ago, bushblairandbrown said:

One of the big problems we face is ludicrous house prices. Are you seriously proposing the solution is to wish for an obliterated economy so that we have bigger problems to worry about? 

Someone on here was claiming another poster was a Russian troll the other day. Perhaps there are state sponsored posters on here after all because your suggestion that the forecasted impact would somehow be beneficial is baseless idiocy. 

yes

I see no other way. Creating risk is the only way I see that I can become a FTB within the next decade or so. That is if I survive economically.

3 minutes ago, prozac said:

Collapsing the country is not the best way.

Well, it worked in 08. I am desperate and out of patience.

I want a house, and if I cant get it, Ill vote in a recession so I will

1 minute ago, No One said:

yes

I see no other way. Creating risk is the only way I see that I can become a FTB within the next decade or so. That is if I survive economically.

Don't be daft. If you really felt that then the sensible option would be to emigrate somewhere cheaper. 

Just now, No One said:

What if you lose your job and so can't buy a house anyway?

3 minutes ago, doomed said:

I pick up the keys to my house on Friday so would not be surprised for it to go to shit now after waiting 10 years 🤣.

I honestly hope it does.

that's the spirit!

Edited by No One
can't type for shit

7 minutes ago, bushblairandbrown said:

+1

11 minutes ago, No One said:

What worked in 08?

Rest of post removed as it was not constructive. 

Edited by bushblairandbrown

2 minutes ago, Drat said:

What if you lose your job and so can't buy a house anyway?

I'm trying to position myslef in a way that I won't.

What is sure is that if things don't drastically change, I'll never own a house. It's been a decade since I finished Uni. I have the career, the wife, and soon the kid. But no fkng chance of a house at these prices. 

I need something drastic, and it's not coming from the goverments. That is a pipe dream many leftie-HPCrs dream of, where Corbyn will make council housing. Not going to happen.

I'm not waiting for the boomers to croak in twenty years either. 

And the tories are not ging to liberate the build your own, liberterian dream either.

There are two options now

-Immigration

-BOE 5% IR's

this is where I am now

I'm tired

I want a ******ing house. I never want to see another scumlord or letting agent in my life. I don't care if my voting patern torpedoes the country, I no longer care about a country that has deprived me of the opportunity of my fathers.

3 minutes ago, No One said:

What is sure is that if things don't drastically change, I'll never own a house. It's been a decade since I finished Uni. I have the career, the wife, and soon the kid. But no fkng chance of a house at these prices. 

I need something drastic, and it's not coming from the goverments. That is a pipe dream many leftie-HPCrs dream of, where Corbyn will make council housing. Not going to happen.

And the tories are not ging to liberate the build your own, liberterian dream either.

-Immigration

-BOE 5% IR's

this is where I am now

I'm tired

I want a ******ing house. I never want to see another scumlord or letting agent in my life. I don't care if my voting patern torpedoes the country, I no longer care about a country that has deprived me of the opportunity of my fathers.

Bravo Bravo

14 minutes ago, bushblairandbrown said:

I'm neither a Russian, a troll or a combination of both.

4 minutes ago, bushblairandbrown said:

What worked in 08? I'm now confident you are either a foreign agent or an idiot. Possibly both. Just move abroad. The country will be better off without your bitterness and envy. 

You are confident like a BTL investor in that case. Houses only ever go up, and No deal Brexit is bad...

8 minutes ago, bushblairandbrown said:

Don't be daft. If you really felt that then the sensible option would be to emigrate somewhere cheaper. 

plan b, question is where. Australia and Canada have the same problem.

Maybe Russia, I'll hit up my mate Putin so he can fix me up with a condo perhaps.

Just now, Borisina said:

Bravo Bravo

thank you, I thought I was going crazy with the other posters all being against me. fortunately Im nt alone.

I see you are posting form Singapore. How is xpat life there?

9 minutes ago, No One said:

-Immigration

-BOE 5% IR's

this is where I am now

I'm tired

Edited by Fromage Frais

Just now, No One said:

thank you, I thought I was going crazy with the other posters all being against me. fortunately Im nt alone.

I see you are posting form Singapore. How is xpat life there?

Actually I’m not in Singapore anymore I am in Qatar. Enjoyed Singapore a lot, and Qatar is good but very hot.