House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
delboypass

Google Shares Fall 9%

Well considering that the shares have soared over 350%, in the very short time since IPO, I am amazed that todays fall is only 9%, after the earnings miss. That is testimony to the resilience of the market at moment. I expected them to tank, especially since they were down 20% in after hours. This seems a bullish sign for the market generally.

Google were on their way to a greater market capitalization than GE which actually produces something. IMHO Google was the one share that Warren Buffet would not have touched with a super sized barge pole. Classic bubble based on perception that fell victim to Wylie Coyote syndrome.

Well considering that the shares have soared over 350%, in the very short time since IPO, I am amazed that todays fall is only 9%, after the earnings miss. That is testimony to the resilience of the market at moment. I expected them to tank, especially since they were down 20% in after hours. This seems a bullish sign for the market generally.

Dead right--Google was expected to turn US markets negative today and they bounced right back. There is buying fever going on so we had better watch out. Guess where 98.7% of the City bonuses are going? Nowhere near BTLs that is for sure.

Edited by Realistbear

Goggle shares today fell 9% as they failed to make growth and some investors started to ask if they were over valued.

Who failed to call that Goggle shares were overvalued except the sheeple. Still a long way to fall though as Advertisment budgets get shrinked!

They only grew revenues by 80% YoY, which was clearly not good enough, they too should Stop Trying To Be Clever and do better and come up with something more than a paltry 80% increase in revenues, pathetic.

Also, why are Google actually in the business of 'business' shouldn't they just take all their cash reserves and invest them in useless piles of bricks that can only go up in value?

Lol, I can remember before the IPO when people considered $76 to be over-valued, even after the offer price had been dropped from $85.

Edited by BuyingBear

I was at a lunch in the city today and BTL was specifically mentioned in talk of personal investments - the message was almost universal - BTL is dead/too toppy/risky - put your money in other things, gold, equities - 2006 will (for "solid" companies not retailers) be deal (takeover) crazy as companies have had a few quiet years, tightened up their balance sheets and now consumers are deserting them so they have to be seen to do something.

No bonuses in BTL on this message.

Edited by Tempest

GOOG will retest its highs before we see any major downside. That's when we'll see if its strong or weak. Right now I'm 50/50 on it. Valuation wise its a crazy stock to buy but the trend is your friend.