• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Interserve, Share price has lost almost all it's value. Books look a bit Carillionesque with goodwill. + This years losses were hidden by several one-off gains. 

Debenhams is looking vulnerable, CVA rumors persist and with their lease obligations it's not surprising.

A University, Probably a low end post-1992 that put up buildings with LIBOR/inflation linked loans, but has lost students to better universities/loss of overseas cash cow students. 

If there's a credit-crisis/Interest rate rise then any "zombie" company that can barely pay it's interest will be unable to refinance/pay the higher interest.

Highly leveraged BTL's in lower yield areas, Especially those that have grown portfolio by refinancing at nosebleed prices. 

Highly leveraged retail property companies if the lenders get scared and trigger LTV covenants forcing a sale/Interest rates rise. 

Carpet/Home furnishing retailers. First to go in a recession.

HOLA445

Purple Bricks, down 65 %

Countrywide down 98.6%

Foxton down approx 90%

Persimmon ( ****s) Down 23%

This baby is going down

What's bitcoin down now, 70%, it probably wont exist in 12 months. I know 2 people who invested heavily in this now.

On top of that, May's Brexit Betrayal, that alone could cause civil strife.

Why did no one see this coming and get out the country with all their profits before it was too late....

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Probably my sanity Count?

I went through a period several years ago when life was great because I knew that there would be a house price correction to how I feel  now which isn't as confident. Weird thing is though there was less strong evidence that prices could not remain high back then even though there was enough to there being strong evidence today that the housing market has been squeezed as much as is possible and people are hurting, I just cannot feel confident of a crash now though

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
3 hours ago, localhero1983 said:

Probably my sanity Count?

I went through a period several years ago when life was great because I knew that there would be a house price correction to how I feel  now which isn't as confident. Weird thing is though there was less strong evidence that prices could not remain high back then even though there was enough to there being strong evidence today that the housing market has been squeezed as much as is possible and people are hurting, I just cannot feel confident of a crash now though

I still hold the view, the crash is still in progress in real terms, one way or another prices will hit rock bottom now.

The UK is in such a big mess now, most places are though, too many people, too few resources, too much greed and control at the top.

Nothing lasts forever, maybe we are witnessing the end of the road for Britain as was.

I think we all know on here that since the Banks collapsed things have not been right, they've tricked the masses into thinking things are OK and even have managed to profit from the people who are so thick they actually need protecting from themselves and these unscrupulous c***s.  I've said it before and I'll say it again, owning a house is the least of peoples worries now.

I have to say one thing tho, I've made 2 or 3 posts in about 6 months on here after a relentless 10 years and each time Maffo in Oxford, whom i blocked a long time ago has had a dig at me, he seems to be indignant about me post from abroad, does he know that have the internet outside of England?

The man, well maybe not a man, could be an estate agent, must have a serious problem to troll someone who posts ever 3 months :lol:

Nothing like showing your hand is there, what an ejit.  I'd encourage others to ignore him as well.

He must be a little bitter husk of a man to be trolling after all this time, maybe he can't accept that maybe pwopatee wasnt the thing to be in over the last 10 years, maybe he cant understand that there was a fortune to be made elsewhere and that some ( many on here ) saw it and profited while waiting for the nominal house price crash to come. Though maybe he's now realised.

This house price crash has taken so long and there was so much cash floating about it's made owning a house pointless, dead money, if you didnt grab the magic money tree with both hands then you've not been reading.  All that money from those mortgages/levered investments have found their way into some peoples pockets, while some sit in clover others sit in debt. It took so long I found myself at the point there was little point waiting any longer and I didnt have to stay here, no house you see, what a great thing to be actually free.

To troll someone who's cashed in their chips, said ***k the UK and their housing bubble and gone into semi-retirement at least 2 decades early is the sign of a very very very bitter and twisted individual.  I have children to think of and clearly tying myself to a massive debt to house them when some other moron was willing to do that on my behalf was ludicrous, all that money tied up, all that lost opportunity and even at 2% mortgage rates, the interest on the payments are BIG just because the buying prices were so big.  Best let someone else take that risk.  Think of all the rich people who paid £200 for a TV set in 1950s only to find 60 years later you can buy one for £200, shoulda rented.

I wonder how many of those fine Remain supporters are actually people farmers terrified that the BoEs prediction of a house price collapse will happen, believing the bankers was their first and last mistake.

The trolls must be sweating right now, thinking they might lose.  Here's the sucker punch....they've already missed out, they just dont realise it yet.

I can hear her  try and convince herself that I'm wrong, but I'm not....here's the proof.

uk-house-prices-2018.png

My investments and savings post 2007 are way way way above that read line. Meanwhile you've been bailing out bankers. #PMSL.

Thanks for the dosh Fommo in Oxford, thanks ever so much.

Enjoy your houses, while you still have them.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
2 minutes ago, prozac said:

One day he will be right,  even a broken clock is right twice a day 

But I am sure he wishes he purchased in 2008

We only have to be right one, you trolls need to be lucky every year till the day you die.

Do you feel lucky punk, do ya.....obviously note.

Dunno why you're bothering trolling now, can hardly be worth your while, maybe you get paid for it, that's even sadder.

What a s**tty world with people like you in it.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
1 minute ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

We only have to be right one, you trolls need to be lucky every year till the day you die.

Dunno why you're bothering trolling now, can hardly be worth your while, maybe you get paid for it, that's even sadder.

Nah mate, you played it wrong, no one to blame but yourself 

I estimate you are £2m worse off

HOLA4416
11 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I'd have to be incredibly unlucky, my mortgage is now 1/2 of one week's wage and will be paid off in under 10 years. Heck i may even overpay, but with an interest rate of just over 1% the actual borrowing cost is peanuts.

I bet one of the commercial builders, like Kier, will go.

HOLA4417
3 minutes ago, maffo in oxford said:

I'd have to be incredibly unlucky, my mortgage is now 1/2 of one week's wage and will be paid off in under 10 years. Heck i may even overpay, but with an interest rate of just over 1% the actual borrowing cost is peanuts.

I bet one of the commercial builders, like Kier, will go.

The Count Has Run away 

He lost in the game of life, and his wife thinks she married a loser

Edited by prozac

HOLA4418
9 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Purple Bricks, down 65 %

Countrywide down 98.6%

Foxton down approx 90%

Persimmon ( ****s) Down 23%

This baby is going down

What's bitcoin down now, 70%, it probably wont exist in 12 months. I know 2 people who invested heavily in this now.

On top of that, May's Brexit Betrayal, that alone could cause civil strife.

Why did no one see this coming and get out the country with all their profits before it was too late....

Give me a chance.  Now FIREd and will be gone in a few days... 

HOLA4419
2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I have to say one thing tho, I've made 2 or 3 posts in about 6 months on here after a relentless 10 years and each time Maffo in Oxford, whom i blocked a long time ago has had a dig at me, he seems to be indignant about me post from abroad, does he know that have the internet outside of England?

The man, well maybe not a man, could be an estate agent, must have a serious problem to troll someone who posts ever 3 months :lol:

Nothing like showing your hand is there, what an ejit.  I'd encourage others to ignore him as well.

He must be a little bitter husk of a man to be trolling after all this time, maybe he can't accept that maybe pwopatee wasnt the thing to be in over the last 10 years, maybe he cant understand that there was a fortune to be made elsewhere and that some ( many on here ) saw it and profited while waiting for the nominal house price crash to come. Though maybe he's now realised.

This house price crash has taken so long and there was so much cash floating about it's made owning a house pointless, dead money, if you didnt grab the magic money tree with both hands then you've not been reading.  All that money from those mortgages/levered investments have found their way into some peoples pockets, while some sit in clover others sit in debt. It took so long I found myself at the point there was little point waiting any longer and I didnt have to stay here, no house you see, what a great thing to be actually free.

To troll someone who's cashed in their chips, said ***k the UK and their housing bubble and gone into semi-retirement at least 2 decades early is the sign of a very very very bitter and twisted individual.  I have children to think of and clearly tying myself to a massive debt to house them when some other moron was willing to do that on my behalf was ludicrous, all that money tied up, all that lost opportunity and even at 2% mortgage rates, the interest on the payments are BIG just because the buying prices were so big.  Best let someone else take that risk.  Think of all the rich people who paid £200 for a TV set in 1950s only to find 60 years later you can buy one for £200, shoulda rented.

I wonder how many of those fine Remain supporters are actually people farmers terrified that the BoEs prediction of a house price collapse will happen, believing the bankers was their first and last mistake.

The trolls must be sweating right now, thinking they might lose.  Here's the sucker punch....they've already missed out, they just dont realise it yet.

I can hear her  try and convince herself that I'm wrong, but I'm not....here's the proof.

uk-house-prices-2018.png

My investments and savings post 2007 are way way way above that read line. Meanwhile you've been bailing out bankers. #PMSL.

Thanks for the dosh Fommo in Oxford, thanks ever so much.

Enjoy your houses, while you still have them.

FWIW Count, while I'm sure my peasant opinion counts for nothing to a man of your unquestionable standing, I agree with a lot of what you say regarding the state of the market and the country as a whole.

However regarding your conflict with certain members; if anyone comes across as "a little bitter husk of a man" then it appears to be you. It is after all you who've just wasted about 5 paragraphs on personally attacking another member. IIRC this little beef with Maffo came about because you accused him of daring to post "anecdotal" evidence on the forum; information that I think many members found of interest. This minuscule difference of opinion to your own, in your eyes apparently making him a troll / BTL scumbag or EA in disguise, Nazi sympathizer etc..

If as you claimed you blocked him "a long time ago" how come you can still see his posts? Methinks if anyone is a troll it's you; since you appear to be the one who seeks to perpetuate and thrives off the creation of division and conflict.

We're all on the same page here; why is it you feel the need to single-out and systematically attempt to assassinate the character of other members? Can't we just have a decent, relevant conversation about the subject we're here for and leave our petty grievances and fragile egos at the door?

HOLA4420
15 minutes ago, ftb_fml said:

FWIW Count, while I'm sure my peasant opinion counts for nothing to a man of your unquestionable standing, I agree with a lot of what you say regarding the state of the market and the country as a whole.

However regarding your conflict with certain members; if anyone comes across as "a little bitter husk of a man" then it appears to be you. It is after all you who've just wasted about 5 paragraphs on personally attacking another member. IIRC this little beef with Maffo came about because you accused him of daring to post "anecdotal" evidence on the forum; information that I think many members found of interest. This minuscule difference of opinion to your own, in your eyes apparently making him a troll / BTL scumbag or EA in disguise, Nazi sympathizer etc..

If as you claimed you blocked him "a long time ago" how come you can still see his posts? Methinks if anyone is a troll it's you; since you appear to be the one who seeks to perpetuate and thrives off the creation of division and conflict.

We're all on the same page here; why is it you feel the need to single-out and systematically attempt to assassinate the character of other members? Can't we just have a decent, relevant conversation about the subject we're here for and leave our petty grievances and fragile egos at the door?

+1

HOLA4421
3 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Think of all the rich people who paid £200 for a TV set in 1950s only to find 60 years later you can buy one for £200, shoulda rented.

That is a very bad comparison. People do not buy a TV set as an investment it is a household item that they use and know that it will wear out in time. 

However as you bought the subject up let me explain buying a TV has worked out much cheaper than renting one (not sure you can rent a TV anymore) as they are such a cheap item to buy the business model of renting them to people who cannot buy has disappeared.

In 1985 it was £90 a year to rent a TV , my Dad paid £350 to buy a Sony , 30 years later it was still working he only got rid of it because we bullied him into getting an up to date flat screen. I know during that time renting a TV would have got cheaper however working on the starting figures :-  £350 cost price divided by 30 years use = £11.66 pa. compared to renting at £90 pa. which would work out at £2,700 over the 30 years. 

HOLA4422

For a man that has £2m by his quoted words he spent an awful lot of time bashing the system that apparently enriched him in the first place. 

If i had 2m i think buying a house in the uk would be quite easy really would it not ?, surely i would have a more upbeat outlook on life than his posts suggest also. 

something fishy about all of this.  it takes plenty of energy posting 30k plus posts only to admit defeat and then leave the uk ?    rich and bitter ?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
7 hours ago, longgone said:

For a man that has £2m by his quoted words he spent an awful lot of time bashing the system that apparently enriched him in the first place. 

If i had 2m i think buying a house in the uk would be quite easy really would it not ?, surely i would have a more upbeat outlook on life than his posts suggest also. 

something fishy about all of this.  it takes plenty of energy posting 30k plus posts only to admit defeat and then leave the uk ?    rich and bitter ?

Jealousy, he sold up on 2007 waiting for the crash that did not happen, he does probably have a big lump sum, but if there had been a big crash in 2008/9 and the count purchased and by now it had gone up he would have been as happy as Larry.

the best laid plans of men and mice.....

i wish I had bought 10 houses in london 

I wish I had bought google shares when the company floated 

i wish I had asked out that really hot girl when I was 15

life is full of I wish I had

HOLA4425

Maffo vs count of nowhere is drifting off topic. I'm sure divorce papers dropping on the mat would prove how vulnerable we all are financially. To answer original question: stock market seems to be in slow collapse now. Is this the beginning of the avalanche? The collapse of the everything bubble? Or will things stabilise for another year or two?  G