House Price Crash Forum
Saving For a Space Ship

Avoid London for days, police warn motorists amid ‘swarming’ protests

Such hostility here, elsewhere and from the drivers affected to these protests yet none towards the greedy elite who are ultimately responsible for environmental damage and use vile lawyers to fight attempts to curb their dirty profits or make them pay for clean ups?
The least powerful are being set upon each other while the powerful watch and laugh.
This won't end well for the powerful if the masses wake up to reality.

Objectively, the tactic of only sitting in one place long enough to lock the roads up then moving elsewhere and doing it again, and again, appears to be a highly effective one requiring only a small number of people.

1 minute ago, hotblack42 said:

Such hostility here, elsewhere and from the drivers affected to these protests yet none towards the greedy elite who are ultimately responsible for environmental damage and use vile lawyers to fight attempts to curb their dirty profits or make them pay for clean ups?
The least powerful are being set upon each other while the powerful watch and laugh.

Objectively, the tactic of only sitting in one place long enough to lock the roads up then moving elsewhere and doing it again, and again, appears to be a highly effective one requiring only a small number of people.

Well, ignore happyguy because he's consistantly proven that he's only here to troll.

Otherwise, absolutely - HPC appears to host some very astute individuals and I'd expect anyone with half a brain to at least recognise and most likely sympathise with the motivation of these protesters.

14 minutes ago, ftb_fml said:

I'd expect anyone with half a brain to at least recognise and most likely sympathise with the motivation of these protesters.

No. These dullards want more of the same- bigger, more interventionist government, which is the root cause of the very problems they purport to be against.

11 hours ago, Saving For a Space Ship said:

Avoid London for days, police warn motorists amid ‘swarming’ protests

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/nov/21/swarming-sit-down-protests-aim-to-disrupt-london-traffic

House Swarming protests next ? 😉

They were outside of my office yesterday, effectively blocking on way out of tower bridge.

42 minutes ago, Locke said:

No. These dullards want more of the same- bigger, more interventionist government, which is the root cause of the very problems they purport to be against.

I think it's far too simplistic to argue that the state we're in at the moment is purely due to government intervention. Granted our government have screwed us and the economy with their VI-fuelled actions post-2008 actions (well, and before) but one could just as well blame the situation on Thatcher's deregulation of the financial sector in the 80s; allowing it to turn into the all-consuming, unsustainable monster it is today (at the cost of economic stability).

It's clear that as a race we're incapable of thinking long term, past our own selfish and false consumerist goals, so meaningful change is never going to come from the masses. Look at how comprehensively we've exploited and destroyed our environment in the past 100 years - it's clear that without some concerted effort to change this behaviour, we have no hope of reigning this in and soon high house prices will be the least of our worries. 

Edited by ftb_fml

53 minutes ago, ftb_fml said:

Otherwise, absolutely - HPC appears to host some very astute individuals and I'd expect anyone with half a brain to at least recognise and most likely sympathise with the motivation of these protesters.

When it comes to some issues many seem to leave their brain at the door.

2 minutes ago, btl_hater said:

When it comes to some issues many seem to leave their brain at the door.

Sadly that would seem to be the case. I'd certainly hope for and expect a great er ration of deep-thinkers to head-buriers on HPC than in wider society though!

1 hour ago, ftb_fml said:

Well, ignore happyguy

He went on ignore within minutes of seeing one of his posts.
Saves a lot of time reading threads actually. He's rather persistent as well as silly.

1 hour ago, ftb_fml said:

Well, ignore happyguy because he's consistantly proven that he's only here to troll.

I have to agree with everything you have said there.  The environment and the way we use (or abuse it) makes Brexit look like a rather insignificant side show. As for the bridge lurker....

No way! Tomorrow is Black Friday isn't it?

How am I able to get to the shops? 

Walk? And how do I get home with a 55 inch TV?

I think that the government needs to intervene, a strong decision by Theresa May would make her popular again. Leave the Brexit negotiations until the shops close.

27 minutes ago, hotblack42 said:

He went on ignore within minutes of seeing one of his posts.
Saves a lot of time reading threads actually. He's rather persistent as well as silly.

Good idea - I've followed your lead. Makes one wonder what's missing in his life to make him feel the need to behave in such a way.. thankfully it's no longer my problem 😛

7 minutes ago, dougless said:

I have to agree with everything you have said there.  The environment and the way we use (or abuse it) makes Brexit look like a rather insignificant side show. As for the bridge lurker....

Thanks and indeed - it's shocking how apparently obviously close to the brink we are yet nobody seems to care (either in the establishment or the general population); let alone try and make any meaningful change. Too little, too late as usual - let's all just keep our fingers in our ears and snouts in the trough until we're well past the point of no return.

On 22/11/2018 at 18:30, hotblack42 said:

Anonymous internet is a hostile place. Nothing's quite so liberating as a keyboard and no repercussions. 

Ofc the most important thing is that London air pollution remains at dangerous levels and the rich keep getting richer. Status quo must be kept.

35 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

Anonymous internet is a hostile place. Nothing's quite so liberating as a keyboard and no repercussions. 

Ofc the most important thing is that London air pollution remains at dangerous levels and the rich keep getting richer. Status quo must be kept.

Scratch any libertarian and you'll soon find a neocon bigot anxious to get his self-defence in first.