House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sausage

Latest housing market data

We often speculate about changes in the housing market, quoting data with a view to predicting/evidencing the long awaited crash.

It would be great to have all the usual data sources in one thread (land reg, RICS, Rightmove, Halifax, nationwide, etc).

Also chance for people to drop in newly discovered sources of data or choice nuggets of hope.

On the subject of data... Are there stats on how many rental properties exist split by type/bedrooms? Would be nice to see drops as landlords sell up.

42 minutes ago, Burbujista said:

You are missing the Rightmove index... that just came with very good news for house prices (at least for us)!

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/nov/19/uk-house-prices-fall-5000-brexit-south-november-rightmove

I am pretty certain myself now that Brexit is not going to end well over the next few months, I am expecting falls like this to be small change next year.

30 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

While I get the idea behind this thread, I think that RM update deserves a thread of its own, otherwise it gets buried in all the other topics.

Yes, I created a thread, but moderators have to approve it...

On 19/11/2018 at 00:55, localhero1983 said:

I am pretty certain myself now that Brexit is not going to end well over the next few months, I am expecting falls like this to be small change next year.

It's going to drag on through the mid 2020s

I like to think I can work out logic quite well....whoever wrote this however may need lessons....lol

“It’s a buyers’ market, so you should be able to get the kind of discount that shields you from the risk of further drops in the market.”

Edited by Maximus Skepticus

16 hours ago, Maximus Skepticus said:

I like to think I can work out logic quite well....whoever wrote this however may need lessons....lol

“It’s a buyers’ market, so you should be able to get the kind of discount that shields you from the risk of further drops in the market.”

Well I have not had any joy with 10% off and there is no way I would want to bet that would shield me.

If your talking 20-30% then maybe (outside london)