House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ftb_fml

Local Oxford agent opens up in plush new purpose-built premises..

Sadly this "relocation" is because the complex they were in has been demolished for redevelopment, rather than them being evicted because they could no longer pay the rent.. however it tickled me to see them "conducting business" from the sort of claustrophobic shoebox they're used to upselling to hapless renters and clueless ftbs.

Hopefully a sign of things to come!

279239052_Image009(2).thumb.jpg.57e815fec0da79ab473fd448d0363996.jpg

Apologies if some deem this insufficiently serious or factual to warrant posting in this forum!

3 hours ago, ftb_fml said:

Sadly this "relocation" is because the complex they were in has been demolished for redevelopment, rather than them being evicted because they could no longer pay the rent.. however it tickled me to see them "conducting business" from the sort of claustrophobic shoebox they're used to upselling to hapless renters and clueless ftbs.

Hopefully a sign of things to come!

279239052_Image009(2).thumb.jpg.57e815fec0da79ab473fd448d0363996.jpg

Apologies if some deem this insufficiently serious or factual to warrant posting in this forum!

These guys are so upmarket they didn't even respond to my emails again once I mentioned sharing while arranging a viewing on a big rental house.  Absolutely serious - I have emails to prove it.

It was a nice house but did stand empty for another few months after that, while vendor was flying a massive kite.

Edited by Bear Hug

10 minutes ago, mrtickle said:

Sorry, what's the problem with the word "sharing"?

I'll never know.  Waiting for tenancy fees to be dropped or at least reduced before I consider moving again

Cheers guys :D

2 hours ago, Wayward said:

What are they called....'Chancers'....?

Yeah, that's what they're know as around here and from my experience it couldn't be more appropriate.

1 hour ago, Bear Hug said:

These guys are so upmarket they didn't even respond to my emails again once I mentioned sharing while arranging a viewing on a big rental house.  Absolutely serious - I have emails to prove it.

It was a nice house but did stand empty for another few months after that, while vendor was flying a massive kite.

Sounds about right. We had the "pleasure" of viewing quite a few properties being marketed by them a couple of years ago, apparently at around the peak of the market. They seem to have a massive market share for some unfathomable reason.

I'll spare the vitriolic rant on the specifics as I don't want to get sued, however hand on heart their involvement not only completely failed to "add value" to the experience, it put us right off the properties they were selling or any other prospective future purchases that would involve dealing with them. Utterly horrendous.