House Price Crash Forum
frederico

Fertility rates

More single people who can't commit be it financial or emotional, women choosing to stay childless or having a child later in life, career, earning money trying to be financially independent.....means that fewer children being born, not replacing the population, only immigration, settlers from other places is at the moment keeping the balance.....triangle to rectangle.😉

35 minutes ago, frederico said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-46118103

Something I have been pondering for a while now, I suspect the high cost of housing and general lack of a future for young people may cause a decline in stable family type relationships.

Obviously it will be put down to not lending them enough money or some other rubbish.

Rubbish. It's all down to skinny jeans.

Great news considering how destructive our rampant population growth has been to us and everything around us.

Pisses me off that the article is written with the usual MSM's acceptance of perpetual growth being desirable:

Dr George Leeson, director of the Oxford Institute of Population Ageing, says that does not have to be a bad thing, as long as the whole of society adjusts to the massive demographic change.

No sh*t, given how close to the brink our exponential expansion has brought us at this point.

Are they pushing an establisment-led mantra or are "most people" just driven by a cancer-like desire to multiply ad-infinitum and view this as a desirable norm?

Edited by ftb_fml

18 minutes ago, maverick73 said:

Child care, Housing, Food, lifestyle.... all cost money..... Unless they correct wages, human aspirations go out the window..... because only the few can afford it... 

Doesn't seem to bother women in Niger - who are having an average of 7 babies compared to an average of 1 in Europe.

Frankly the world has too many people - when my mother was born there were barely 2 billion in the world now there are nearly 8 and soon there will be 10 billion. No one of course ever links climate change to its main cause - four times more people in the world consuming compared to 60 years ago.

So is a declining fertility rate so bad for the planet - or is the problem that the world's poorest are still producing kids at a rate of knots, they and their countries can't provide for them properly and so then they want to migrate to Europe and the US?

35 minutes ago, Social Justice League said:

Why would anyone with half a brain want to create more wage slaves who will just be used up and abused by our bent capitalist system?

It makes no sense.  The whole system needs to fail and reset, not to be kept staggering on by using up the lives of innocents.

+1

7 minutes ago, MARTINX9 said:

Doesn't seem to bother women in Niger - who are having an average of 7 babies compared to an average of 1 in Europe.

Frankly the world has too many people - when my mother was born there were barely 2 billion in the world now there are nearly 8 and soon there will be 10 billion. No one of course ever links climate change to its main cause - four times more people in the world consuming compared to 60 years ago.

So is a declining fertility rate so bad for the planet - or is the problem that the world's poorest are still producing kids at a rate of knots, they and their countries can't provide for them properly and so then they want to migrate to Europe and the US?

Here are some interesting stats on population that shows the population explosion of the past is pretty much over.

The global fertility rate has been decreasing for decades. Anything less than 2.33 births per woman would see the global population decreasing. This number of 2.33 changes of course depending on technological advances, disease, world wars, etc. Obviously men don't give birth so you need at least 2 births per woman to replace the existing stock.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Total_fertility_rate

Years                TFR
1950–1955     4.95
1955–1960     4.89
1960–1965     4.91
1965–1970     4.85
1970–1975     4.45
1975–1980     3.84
1980–1985     3.59
1985–1990     3.39
1990–1995     3.04
1995–2000     2.79
2000–2005     2.62
2005–2010     2.52
2010–2015     2.36

Stats per country.

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/fields/2127.html

1 hour ago, Social Justice League said:

Why would anyone with half a brain want to create more wage slaves who will just be used up and abused by our bent capitalist system?

It makes no sense.  The whole system needs to fail and reset, not to be kept staggering on by using up the lives of innocents.

+1

Usual capitalist propaganda. 

Natural world is being decimated; polluted air, plastic seas, bee colony collapse, fracking earthquakes, mass starvation and war (always in countries with no contraception/high birth rates) - but no, keep the proles scared, distracted and breeding fresh zero-hours  serfs. 

Meanwhile, Granny nips over to Turkey for a quick batch of babies. 

granny.thumb.jpg.62370d671a9fd554116a8fd142a97d04.jpg

Expect them to go much lower. Many, many men are checking out and can't be bothered with the effort/waste of time involved with chasing women (particularly with the low quality of Women these days - with obesity, nasty attitude, trying to be men etc). Groups like MGTOW are growing exponentially.

Edited by Errol

1 hour ago, ftb_fml said:

Great news considering how destructive our rampant population growth has been to us and everything around us.

Pisses me off that the article is written with the usual MSM's acceptance of perpetual growth being desirable:

I couldn't agree more. Declining populations are the best thing possible for most countries, and a very large proportion of the issues the world faces are down to too many people. It's utter madness to talk about it in terms of negatives. It's true that society will need to change to handle the decline and not all of those changes are something people will necessarily want (in the same way as people don't want to live within their means but would prefer to keep borrowing money they don't have), and too rapid a decline will cause problems, but the negative portrayal in that article is the sign of a complete and utter idiot.

I couldn't help laughing at the linked story from that one...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43990184

Regular fast food eating linked to fertility issues in women

There are all kinds of fancy theories proposed for the link between the two, while not even considering the possibility that perhaps it's as simple as fat birds are less likely to get any action, either through desire or capability.

2 minutes ago, Errol said:

Expect them to go much lower. Many, many men are checking out and can't be bothered with the effort/waste of time involved with chasing women. Groups like MGTOW are growing exponentially.

Men in Africa don't seem to have that problem?

"More than half of global population growth between now and 2050 is expected to occur in Africa," says the United Nations report. "Of the additional 2.4 billion people projected to be added to the global population between 2015 and 2050, 1.3 billion will be added in Africa."

http://uk.businessinsider.com/africas-population-explosion-will-change-humanity-2015-8?r=US&IR=T

1 hour ago, PeanutButter said:

Yes, but luckily what happens in Africa is nothing to do with us. If they choose to breed themselves into oblivion, and then starve that is entirely their choice. Nature will sort it out. They will starve or die from disease if they continue breeding at such rates.

Europe and the West just needs walls in place with troops to stop the migrants from getting in to our countries. Perfectly possible to do this - you just need to be prepared to break eggs.

Edited by Errol

39688212_401.png

http://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1748-9326/aa7541

4 Recommended actions from the article above (just relating to climate change, not ecological destruction/collapse): having one fewer child, living car free, avoiding air travel, and eating a plant-based diet

If you consider ecological collapse (biodiversity, extinctions, resource depletion), then the plant-based diet becomes much more important as outined in this vast and vital study recently published in Science:

http://science.sciencemag.org/content/360/6392/987

“A vegan diet is probably the single biggest way to reduce your impact on planet Earth, not just greenhouse gases, but global acidification, eutrophication, land use and water use,” said Joseph Poore, at the University of Oxford, UK, who led the research. “It is far bigger than cutting down on your flights or buying an electric car,” he said, as these only cut greenhouse gas emissions.

Meanwhile the Government thinks installing smart meters will make all the difference. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, MARTINX9 said:

The film Children of men is looking more precinct these days.

2 hours ago, Tes Tickle said:

I couldn't help laughing at the linked story from that one...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-43990184

Regular fast food eating linked to fertility issues in women

There are all kinds of fancy theories proposed for the link between the two, while not even considering the possibility that perhaps it's as simple as fat birds are less likely to get any action, either through desire or capability.

I know you are all appalled by that link so you will be pleased to know that I reported it to the police as a plus size-phobic discrimination hate crime. How dare nature take factors like health into account when deciding fertility! I thought society had moved beyond such disgusting discrimination!!!!! #FightVeganPrivledge

On a serious note, managed population reduction can only be a good thing. It is a topic that needs discussing at the UN on how to reduce future population growth for those countries where it is still high, particularly where they have famines and food supply issues.

4 hours ago, Social Justice League said:

My thoughts exactly, which I why I don't have kids.  I don't see a golden future ahead.   

I've recently had my first at 31 and can see why a lot of people don't / put it off.

- Houses prices are sky high

- If you went to uni, and contribute to your pension you give away half your salary each month, only to live in a house in a rough area next to someone who doesn't give a ******. 

- You have to move to work / live, you lose that family support. 

Oh well, at least the government gives me back £15~ per week of the £900 I give them. It's a great trade. 

So you can have a massive mortgage, no pension, very expensive children who themselves will have to live in a world with all this crap going on, get a massive mortgage, if they do well get massive student loan debt and have no pension.

Meanwhile anything you had for them to inherit will go on care home fees and tax.

So if you still want to procreate best to do leave the bird in the lurch. Some sort of identity faking would need to go on, but nothing too complicated.

The need for real women to satisfy mens carnal desires is coming to an end and tbh real ones can be a pain in the butt.