House Price Crash Forum

Are We Heading Towards Another Housing Bubble?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Whats a title its like snorting 10g of coke every day for 5 years and thinking....hmmm i think i am heading into a drug problem.

Its like the same clowns who trot the "be careful if you wish for" or "falls will not be good for anyone"

So wise after 10% a year rises, how about be sensible on both the way up and the way down.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
10 hours ago, mrtickle said:

Eh? I'm only a consumer too. I'm not a "youtuber" with a channel uploading stuff for people to watch. How awful.

My point being that I lack the ability to downvote or comment ;)

Perhaps HPC ought to follow their lead and attempt to flood youtube with an antidote to all their rubbish. Could work well - a new platform for us and one whose "viewership" I'd imagine is pretty well matched to the age of potential FTBs  - the ones who, I believe are being increasingly relied upon to prop up the dying market.

HOLA4410
12 hours ago, Fromage Frais said:

Whats a title its like snorting 10g of coke every day for 5 years and thinking....hmmm i think i am heading into a drug problem.

Its like the same clowns who trot the "be careful if you wish for" or "falls will not be good for anyone"

So wise after 10% a year rises, how about be sensible on both the way up and the way down.

+1

HOLA4411
2 hours ago, ftb_fml said:

Perhaps HPC ought to follow their lead and attempt to flood youtube with an antidote to all their rubbish. Could work well - a new platform for us and one whose "viewership" I'd imagine is pretty well matched to the age of potential FTBs  - the ones who, I believe are being increasingly relied upon to prop up the dying market.

Bit like this...

HOLA4412
15 hours ago, ftb_fml said:

Of course we're not heading for one; we're already there.

Love the way this appears to be some orchastrated effort by a group of evidently very worries VIs :D

But note that it is VI in the States - not here. They did have a bubble pop (in most places) in 2007 to 2009 and There might. Be more evidence for there not being another one yet. (I think some west cost cities especially San Francisco are in bubble land.)

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
3 minutes ago, cashinmattress said:

Hard Brexit/Soft Brexit will results in all sorts of goodies to entice folk into buying property.

A perceived good deal will see a ''huge confidence boost to the pwopatee market'' (I can see the headlines now)

A perceived bad deal and it will be ''Fire up the printing press''

HOLA4415
1 hour ago, nome said:

Bit like this...

Cracking vid - although sadly what makes it so funny (the truth) is also what makes it crushingly depressing :(

53 minutes ago, bearishonhouses said:

But note that it is VI in the States - not here. They did have a bubble pop (in most places) in 2007 to 2009 and There might. Be more evidence for there not being another one yet. (I think some west cost cities especially San Francisco are in bubble land.)

I think they're well on the way to another (especially in some localised areas like California as you suggest) however aren't as close to it bursting as we are. Higher, ever-hiked IRs and Trump's perpetual idiocy should speed things along nicely for them though!

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
9 hours ago, ftb_fml said:

Oh! Well I encourage you to acquire that ability, then. :)

youtube is much nicer to use if you have an account since it remembers your subscribed channels and preferences better. Just use your google account and you're done. Not suggesting you upload any of your own content. :)

HOLA4419
On 08/11/2018 at 20:27, Captain Kirk said:

I clicked on the poster and their description on their channel page says: "Carl Gentile is a top producing real estate agent serving Jupiter, Tequesta and the Palm Beaches of South Florida. As seen on HGTV, Top Agent Magazine and the Expert Network."

Producing what?!! What estate agent produces anything apart from weird verbal constructions like 'boasts to accomodate' and now, apparently, nonsense videos that try desperately to construct a reality in which we're not already a couple of decades into a housing bubble that's so beyond anything seen before that normal words can't be used to describe it?

Edited by North London Rent Girl

HOLA4420

Some good news suggesting that even though the bubble popped in the US in 2008, it may well be popping again. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/15/upshot/housing-market-slumping-despite-booming-economy.html

"When you look closely at the data, it appears this paradox of a strong economy and a weak housing market is, at its core, an illustration of a fundamental rule in economics: If something can’t go on forever, it won’t.

Home prices in a given location are ultimately tethered to the incomes of the people who either live there or want to. But for much of the last six years, that relationship has come undone."

HOLA4421
7 hours ago, bearishonhouses said:

5Some good news suggesting that even though the bubble popped in the US in 2008, it may well be popping again. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/15/upshot/housing-market-slumping-despite-booming-economy.html

"When you look closely at the data, it appears this paradox of a strong economy and a weak housing market is, at its core, an illustration of a fundamental rule in economics: If something can’t go on forever, it won’t.

Home prices in a given location are ultimately tethered to the incomes of the people who either live there or want to. But for much of the last twenty six years, that relationship has come undone."

?