House Price Crash Forum

Cunning Boomer Plan to get new Mortgage

Quicken

HOLA441

Make himself legally 20 years younger - from 69 to 49

“When I’m 69, I am limited. If I’m 49, then I can buy a new house, drive a different car,” he said. “I can take up more work.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/nov/08/dutch-man-69-starts-legal-fight-to-identify-as-20-years-younger

Oh dear.

HOLA442

this has got me thinking, gonna identify as a boomer, say 65+, buy a nice cheeky little BTL at auction somewhere, bid off the wall to blow the competition out of the water. straightforward enough.

THEN...

I'm gonna identify as a twenty something scumbag working professional (no pets) looking for somewhere to live

you know where I'm going with this...

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Reading this being reported elsewhere the main story seems to be that as a 'motivation coach' he is positive and has a 'young' outlook on life but....at 69.... People won't click on his profile on online dating sites. By changing is 'age' to 49 he reckons he'll get more clicks and those who click on him won't be disappointed....

HOLA448
HOLA449
10 hours ago, chronyx said:

Bigot

;)

Yes, totally bigoted, why shouldn’t dead people be allowed to live among us, eat, drink, sleep, get married.........i’ll stop there as my “woke” gene had kicked in and I was about to talk about how dead people should be allowed to get into mixed relationships with the living and you know hummm hmmmmm, but that is clearly the preserve of Jimmy Saville types and we are allowed to hate him.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
7 hours ago, Mikhail Liebenstein said:

Yes, totally bigoted, why shouldn’t dead people be allowed to live among us, eat, drink, sleep, get married.......

Well, there are plenty of living dead shambling along :lol: "neeeetttttfliixxxxxxx....neeeettttflliiixxxxx"

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
On 08/11/2018 at 16:07, thewig said:

this has got me thinking, gonna identify as a boomer, say 65+, buy a nice cheeky little BTL at auction somewhere, bid off the wall to blow the competition out of the water. straightforward enough.

THEN...

I'm gonna identify as a twenty something scumbag working professional (no pets) looking for somewhere to live

you know where I'm going with this...

Assume when this chap wins (fingers crossed) he then has to give up his state pension....and wait until he is 67, 68....71 etc until he can then draw it? 

That would seem fair....he is either 69 or 49....and all that goes with it. ?

HOLA4414
13 minutes ago, Pop321 said:

Assume when this chap wins (fingers crossed) he then has to give up his state pension....and wait until he is 67, 68....71 etc until he can then draw it? 

That would seem fair....he is either 69 or 49....and all that goes with it. ?

He actually said he is willing to forego his pension for this. Either assumes he will lose, or he is not struggling for money. 

HOLA4415
On 09/11/2018 at 07:21, regprentice said:

Reading this being reported elsewhere the main story seems to be that as a 'motivation coach' he is positive and has a 'young' outlook on life but....at 69.... People won't click on his profile on online dating sites. By changing is 'age' to 49 he reckons he'll get more clicks and those who click on him won't be disappointed....

Sad, deluded old git.  

HOLA4416
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 07:21, regprentice said:

Couldn't he just lie, like everyone else.

HOLA4419