Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PeanutButter

Eavesdropping on yummy mummies

Recommended Posts

White, a yank and an irish bird. Posh part of  London. They’re drinking flat whites, they’re cuddling babies and mentioning their numerous other children...

“We were thinking about buying another place but with the market so down...”

”Yes better not to gamble.”

[thumbs up emoji]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/11/2018 at 12:00, PeanutButter said:

 

”Yes better not to gamble.”

And boom goes the dynamite, down goes the house prices. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the market being so down meaning they don't have enough equity in their current houses to fund a deposit on another one?

Am I reading that right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am old friend of mine who became pretty successful in London married a polish yummy mummy who enjoyed regularly posting pictures of Michelin starred meals she was eating, on Facebook. Not on the last year or so though. Not sure what's changed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Am old friend of mine who became pretty successful in London married a polish yummy mummy who enjoyed regularly posting pictures of Michelin starred meals she was eating, on Facebook. Not on the last year or so though. Not sure what's changed.

The curse of social media performative consumption. Maybe she's gone vegan - harder to find Michelin places :D

Quote

With the market being so down meaning they don't have enough equity in their current houses to fund a deposit on another one?

Am I reading that right?

Dunno. I just reckon the average plonker with spare dosh is less likely to spend it when the market is going down; they want rising assets. Probably have a feeding frenzy if Brexit ever gets sorted out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

 

Dunno. I just reckon the average plonker with spare dosh is less likely to spend it when the market is going down; they want rising assets. Probably have a feeding frenzy if Brexit ever gets sorted out.

Going off the proclamations of Warren Buffet, identifying this very herd behaviour, this seems about right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2018 at 09:23, Si1 said:

Am old friend of mine who became pretty successful in London married a polish yummy mummy who enjoyed regularly posting pictures of Michelin starred meals she was eating, on Facebook. Not on the last year or so though. Not sure what's changed.

Maybe she just got bored with it?  Anyway why on earth waste your time looking at fb of some woman you do not even know. Extraordinary 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, happyguy said:

Maybe she just got bored with it?  Anyway why on earth waste your time looking at fb of some woman you do not even know. Extraordinary 

Wtf. It comes on my old friends timeline and I can read without moving my lips.

Edited by Si1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • The Prime Minister stated that there were three Brexit options available to the UK:   217 members have voted

    1. 1. Which of the Prime Minister's options would you choose?


      • Leave with the negotiated deal
      • Remain
      • Leave with no deal

    Please sign in or register to vote in this poll. View topic


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.