Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Nationwide Oct 18

Recommended Posts

These guys seem allergic to claiming YOY is negative. Seems like a vested interest because falling prices might be self-fulfilling as people want to wait.

Given that the price is adjusted for representation I think it might mask larger falls in the South East. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Freki said:

So much for the October rebound. I am a bit sad that the one buying are FTB. They are screwing themselves royally 

Wow, anyone know what % use the government help-to-bankruptcy scheme?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

Wow, anyone know what % use the government help-to-bankruptcy scheme?

Here's the link to data http://opendatacommunities.org/data/housing-market/help-to-buy/num-loans/loan-type

 

https://www.gov.uk/government/collections/help-to-buy-equity-loan-and-newbuy-statistics

Edited by PeanutButter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Freki said:

So much for the October rebound. I am a bit sad that the one buying are FTB. They are screwing themselves royally 

unlike those who are paying a landlords rent

4 hours ago, simon2 said:

These guys seem allergic to claiming YOY is negative. Seems like a vested interest because falling prices might be self-fulfilling as people want to wait

funny, if the report had said prices were falling you would have said it was a robust report

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, happyguy said:

unlike those who are paying a landlords rent

funny, if the report had said prices were falling you would have said it was a robust report

I can’t wait for it all to collapse.. it’s going to be great.. I hope we get lots of stories of landlords that have lost everything.. what the slavers deserve.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Freki said:

So much for the October rebound. I am a bit sad that the one buying are FTB. They are screwing themselves royally 

Don't believe these figures the market is very slow and only the best properties are selling. A friend just sold his house for what will look like a good price when it shows on the LR but he had spent a huge amount doing it up that is not reflected in the price and he sold for 100k less than he had hoped for.

Other houses on the street have not sold with the owners complaining about derisory offers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

.

1 minute ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Don't believe these figures the market is very slow and only the best properties are selling. A friend just sold his house for what will look like a good price when it shows on the LR but he had spent a huge amount doing it up that is not reflected in the price and he sold for 100k less than he had hoped for.

Other houses on the street have not sold with the owners complaining about derisory offers.  

That is an interesting take on things.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, macca13 said:

I can’t wait for it all to collapse.. it’s going to be great.. I hope we get lots of stories of landlords that have lost everything.. what the slavers deserve.. 

Oh absolutely, they will not be happyguys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, macca13 said:

I can’t wait for it all to collapse.. it’s going to be great.. I hope we get lots of stories of landlords that have lost everything.. what the slavers deserve.. 

+1000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 152 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.