House Price Crash Forum
cnick

ANyone see/hear this ... LL threat to evict 46(?) tenants BBC Breakfast.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bp0jcz

I can't get the link to work....anyone else try?

Didn't get it all..... but I don't think any of the presenters asked the 'poor' LL about, perhaps reducing her rents.

Pretty sure she said she was threatening to evict 46 tenants at around £800 .... £36000 ish a month..... something about getting rents paid direct from government people.

Perhaps better to consider 3-4 times council tax on empty houses? ....... or just get future generation to bail her out

13 minutes ago, cnick said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0bp0jcz

I can't get the link to work....anyone else try?

Didn't get it all..... but I don't think any of the presenters asked the 'poor' LL about, perhaps reducing her rents.

Pretty sure she said she was threatening to evict 46 tenants at around £800 .... £36000 ish a month..... something about getting rents paid direct from government people.

Perhaps better to consider 3-4 times council tax on empty houses? ....... or just get future generation to bail her out

Let her.

Ban her from taking on any more social tenants. Put her on the bad LL register, ban her taking on future tenants.

Let the bitch burn.

2 minutes ago, spyguy said:

Let her.

Ban her from taking on any more social tenants. Put her on the bad LL register, ban her taking on future tenants.

Let the bitch burn.

did you get the link to work?

One complaint said "I have to live on my rental income". No you don't, you parasitic scum, go and get a proper job.

OK, here she is, Wendy Waring, landlord with 46 properties, having to wait a couple of months for rent. Where's the guy with the little violin, christ, why are they wasting time on "what Wendy has experienced", nobody gives a sh it. Aren't these landlords just industrial-scale benefits claimants? Can you imagine the BBC inviting to their hallowed bloody studios an actual benefits claimant to lament their lot for quarter of an hour? Once you own property, tho, beeb's hand goes straight down your trousers. Puke.

27 minutes ago, North London Rent Girl said:

One complaint said "I have to live on my rental income". No you don't, you parasitic scum, go and get a proper job. 

+1. Whether employers would want to hire someone with that kind of outlook is another question.

I agree. Let her carry out her threat. See how that is received by the general public. Will they blame:

a) greedy landlords

or b) the government

I think I know which. 

It will be one of the quickest ways to bring in further controls on landlords. Let's start with an end to Section 21 'no fault' evictions as go from there.

6 hours ago, spyguy said:

It always amazes me to see how much information can be accessed so easily. Based on that... we can see that she is living quite comfortably, despite the company not being particularly good.

Actually... take a look at this:

She says she bougth 73 houses in one single year. They have a deal with the council to get sure tenants... why doesn’t the council do it themselves?

15 minutes ago, Burbujista said:

She says she bougth 73 houses in one single year. They have a deal with the council to get sure tenants... why doesn’t the council do it themselves?

100 houses i think some laws need to be brought in. 

7 hours ago, Burbujista said:

Shes buying up shitholes and painting them.

They are notworth anything - assuming the area stays the same sicuui0ecininic. Theres house after house like this in certain northern - ans southern - towns. Noones buying these houses - everyone on benefits.

Anyone sussed the accounts?

14 hours ago, spyguy said:

From the 2nd comment

My business partner Wendy Waring would be ideal for this...

...We have about 110 houses, all DSS. You’d love it, Littlejohn’s “you couldn’t make it up” comes to mind.

It has entertainment value by the looks of it, so your tax contributions are not totally wasted.

1 hour ago, spyguy said:

Anyone sussed the accounts?

I think it says this for 2017 ...

Properties valued at £4.5m        (£4.7m  in 2016)
£150K in the bank                        (£190    in 2016)
£50K owed to them
£4m of loans                                 (£4.2      in 2016)
Profit £115K                                  (£180K  in 2016)
£8K owed by them                       (£4K       in 2016)

Since 2016

Property valuation down £150K
(added £100K, disposed of £220K, revalued down £37K)
Paid off £160K of loans

Edited by Captain Kirk
Just checking, figures are rough. Maybe wrong, not sure.

34 minutes ago, Captain Kirk said:

£50K owed to them

Since 2016

Paid off £160K of loans

So she's not actually going to evict 46 families then? In fact it isn't her call at all, is her bank's.

It’s a business model that works and assumes tax relief on mortgage interest and low interest rates. 

What’s the worst that could happen?😏

If an individual went to a bank with a business plan requiring £4m funding they would more than struggle. But property just has its own rules....a bubble waiting to pop. 

Agree...let them moan, feel entitled and then burn. 

One question in this thread was why don’t the council cut out the middle man. They should....but the public sector services are even more incompetent than this lady. Our council has just spent £1m renovating 2 old Victorian bus shelters. I honestly think £20k each was about right for a top quality job to strip down the old paint, make good, prime and paint it. My friend (a professional decorator who does such work) disagrees he thought £25k each. Possible corrupt, possibly incompetent but the powers that be full of their own importance and wanting to “make a mark”.  

Anyhoo....re this lady S24 will definitely hit the model. A modest 2 or 3 might still work (I am not advocating that as ideal) but 76 is dead in the water....hopefully. 

Ps I couldn’t see the clip so my reply lacks the bile I am sure I would feel if I saw it 😉

1 minute ago, Si1 said:

So she's not actually going to evict 46 families then? In fact it isn't her call at all, is her bank's.

Exactly, she would have to default. If you find the average BTL interest rate you can probably work out how much she pays each month on interest on £4m of debt. And also work out her tax liability. Assume £800 a month on 46 rental properties as she is claiming.

2 hours ago, Captain Kirk said:

£50K owed to them

Since 2016

Paid off £160K of loans

I was wondering where the 4m is held.

Accounts implied it was hrld outside the company.

Ill have a look when im at work, on a proper computer.