House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
brendan

Desperate Ftb Sets Up Copy Cat Site

Following million dollar home page I just got and email from this guy Jon who wants to sell advertising for a house in south wales.

http://www.helpmebuyahome.co.uk/blog.php

Not very original shows the desperation though.

ffs. He's only 22 in an average job and he wants his own house. Kids these days eh? :rolleyes:

Why can't he wait till he's 30+ like the average FTB ? B)

ffs. He's only 22 in an average job and he wants his own house. Kids these days eh? :rolleyes:

Why can't he wait till he's 30+ like the average FTB ? B)

You're right.

When I was his age I used to work 26 hours a day 8 days a week. I used to get up for work before I had gone to bed and if I was lucky I could suck on a lump of coal for breakfast. We got 5p pay a week and the rent on a cardboard box under the bridge was 6p so we would club together and rent a box between us.

We had two days off a year, Christams day which we spent in church thanking God for all we had and one day holiday in the summer. On our summer day off we used to we used to do hard labour on the building sites for 2p. With that we could afford to go to the cinema, get the bus home and buy some chips...and we still had 3p change.

And we never complained...it's always hard when your young and starting off in life.

Kids these day don't know they're born.

Have you heard about the watering can?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Or the weekend with 4 blokes? (which I posted on the off-topic forum and apparently had bids up to $45million AUD (I personally bid $15 mill AUD, but was hoping not to be the winning bidder :P )).

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...me=STRK:MEWA:IT

BTW the fake bids have been cancelled by the auction holders and apparently the astronomically high current bid is genuine!

Edited by Time to raise the rents.

Hello and welcome to HelpMeBuyAHome.co.uk. My name is Jon, I am 22 and I still live with my parents. I am just an average bloke, working an average job and earning an average wage. There must be millions of people like me who have not long graduated, armed with a near-useless degree and trying to find their feet in the big wide world.

The reason I set this website up is because I want to move out. It is that simple. However, like most would be first time buyers I have found myself priced out of the market by spiralling and unrealistic house prices. I do not want anything too elaborate, just a regular starter home for myself and my girlfriend to move in to. You know the type of house I mean - basically a shoe box on two floors!

I find his style quite refreshing - that's pretty much the reality for most young people. Makes a change from HPCers who act like the minium wage is about 30K and 60k is nothing special.

That said, at 22 how can he have 'long graduated', and does he reallty want to be buying a house with his girlfriend? Ain't it a bit young for that sort of financial marriage?

My first impression is that he is a ****.

... all the pixels sell it will earn me £80,000. Coupled with the deposit I already have it will be enough to buy a starter home outright without facing years of debt and having the millstone of a mortgage I can barely afford around my neck for the next 25 years.

Yea, well don't we all want 80K given to us so we wouldn't have to have a mortgage. Im 27 and live with my mum can someone give me £50K and ill keep on working and paying taxes. Im only asking for £50K and im prepared to work for the rest of my life too, im 27 now surely i have less time than him.

My initial impression still stands

I admire this blokes get up and go to set up his website, neat idea.

But...........ffs, hes only 22! Why cant he get a life and be young. I left home at 23 (nothing wrong from 18-22 paying the parent landlords £100 a month for rent, food, phone and bills........remember those days, bliss)

Then it was the really Fun years renting 3 bed houses with 2 best mates from 23 to 27, sowing my wild oats, splitting the bills and the £450pm rent between us, again, bliss financially compared to now.

Then the 1 year renting with the serious relationship girlfriend for £500pm between us plus bills making sure it would work for the joint mortgage and saving like hell for the deposit.

I bought at the right time according to all the HPC posts , Dec 1996 and paid £55k for a two bed semi in Bucks. But i had to save an wait for that correction.

So what annoys me is that I spent 2 years saving my 5k deposit, I was 1 month off 28 when I completed my first home, was a joint mortgage with my then girlfriend, On my £18k salary (£30k joint) we took on £50k @ 7% IR (people would shit bricks at this figure now, but that was cheap at the time according to the VI, and 15% IR of my peers was still in my mind to 7% was a bargin).

Now at 37 after a good time having fun im getting married to new serious girlfirend no2 with a baby on they way and am in the same house, with a £75k mortgage (had to mew £25k total to buy out robbing girlfriend 1 in 2000 and pay for wedding & baby next year).

Now, I would love to move up to £250k 3 bed semi family home with another £80k off my mortgage debt so I didnt have that "stone" round my neck for 25 year too!!! And im 37!!

So im peeved that a 22 year old is "hard done by, cant buy a house" when I could have never considered buying a house when I was 22, even though it was then 1991 and just into the crash, my salary was £12k then and i remember even 2 bed flats still being £60k and IR at 8-9%? . From 22 I had to wait 6 years, £6k of pay rises a a healthy dose of HPC to buy my first house. Why cant he? Sorry but sometimes I feel youngsters "want it all now".

God, I feel old now, am starting to feel im kocking on 40s door!!! lol.

M

My god. They removed them from the tube and they all turned up on thw web. This is just more internet begging. Note also the way his head is leaning slightly down and his gaze slightly up. This is simply a part of the dramatic vocabulary of the beggar. It is SO insincere.

I'm not sure if this guy knows that the 'other' websites creator, AFAIK, also put out a £500 press release to get hits for his website...