Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Si1

Boomer with nice house, early retirement and new Audi says it's awful

Recommended Posts

You have no idea how much he has in his pension.

On the contrary he is not saying he has an awful life - his wife asks why he is so happy all the time.

Osterley Park is a lovely place to go for a walk nice pond, woods, lovely cafe, people are very friendly. 

You actually seem to want other people to be unhappy and you seem to be angry all the time.  

The thing is that people who wish ill will on others are eaten up by anger and negativity but the people that you disdain do not care not even notice, for instance this gentleman goes about his business is happily married owns his own home, walks his dogs, meets people for a chat. With respect he could not care less that someone he does not even know does not like him.

I am sure that you will feel the need to reply with some ride comments but I will not read them as I cannot be bothered with such hate and negativity.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fact, for some their work is who they are, their work is how they and others value them......take away their work and they would be like a rudderless ship.......not all are like that, there are those who would have a million and one things they could do in their 'free' time.......all the things they never had the chance to do because of the lifetime of work.......all that is required is time, some savings and their health...😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm reassured to hear the obvious fact that wealth doesn't guarantee happiness.

I have a hobby of looking at the faces of drivers of German premium-brand cars, you hardly ever see anyone looking happy driving them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tes Tickle said:

I'm reassured to hear the obvious fact that wealth doesn't guarantee happiness.

I have a hobby of looking at the faces of drivers of German premium-brand cars, you hardly ever see anyone looking happy driving them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the depression in my opinion is because of sliding living standards, overpopulation, imbalances in our bodies from air pollution and chemicals in our food.. 

Greed is destroying this country only to the benefit of the rich.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

???

Bloke finds himself at a loose end after retiring so gets himself a dog and finds walking it in the park has given him a new lease of life.

Osterley Park is wonderful btw...

Trivia: The "breakout" photo from Band on the Run album cover was taken as Osterley Park. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, funinhounslow said:

 

Trivia: The "breakout" photo from Band on the Run album cover was taken as Osterley Park. 

Bought that vinyl in charity shop last month...2 quid...love it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tes Tickle said:

I'm reassured to hear the obvious fact that wealth doesn't guarantee happiness.

I have a hobby of looking at the faces of drivers of German premium-brand cars, you hardly ever see anyone looking happy driving them.

Material is an illusion....suffering is caused through craving worldly things. We should have a Buddhism thread...those intent on HPI forever could learn the error of their ways.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, happyguy said:

You have no idea how much he has in his pension.

On the contrary he is not saying he has an awful life - his wife asks why he is so happy all the time.

Osterley Park is a lovely place to go for a walk nice pond, woods, lovely cafe, people are very friendly. 

You actually seem to want other people to be unhappy and you seem to be angry all the time.  

The thing is that people who wish ill will on others are eaten up by anger and negativity but the people that you disdain do not care not even notice, for instance this gentleman goes about his business is happily married owns his own home, walks his dogs, meets people for a chat. With respect he could not care less that someone he does not even know does not like him.

I am sure that you will feel the need to reply with some ride comments but I will not read them as I cannot be bothered with such hate and negativity.

 

The bloke is a boomer - that's quite enough reason for Si1 to despise him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mrs Bear said:

The bloke is a boomer - that's quite enough reason for Si1 to despise him. 

I didn't say I despised him anywhere, what a nasty accusation you just made. Your comprehension is about as good as Happyguy's maths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd give the NT more credit if they featured someone in their 30s, who had to bike there and walking around a nice place helped relax him/her after the stress of long working hours and living in a cramped shared house.

Instead of going on about poor boomers and their loneness, as that's so overdone. Although it's true there are far bigger issues in society and boomer loneliness is partly caused by the world they helped create that splits up families and means people are working far too much. There's a knock on affect if even an ex-council semi is now worth 400k+ in the home counties.Insert other media

Edited by stuckin2up2down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We deliberately avoid going anywhere with a National Trust sign these days, as you know that the prices are going to be horrendous before you even look at them.

They seem to be an awkward mix of charitable status, housing association for the aristocracy and a monopolising business.  They don't seem to be regulated in any way either, they can (and do) increase their prices by as much as they like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/10/2018 at 14:59, macca13 said:

Most of the depression in my opinion is because of sliding living standards, overpopulation, imbalances in our bodies from air pollution and chemicals in our food.. 

Greed is destroying this country only to the benefit of the rich.. 

It's an unpopular view but the pollution and chemical issues really probably don't affect people's happiness that much, at least until they start getting ill from them. Since we're well past the point where basic material necessities should be a concern (although distribution issues means it remains for some) I'm firmly of the opinion that stress, busy-ness, increasing lack of human contact and the ever-changing country into somewhere increasingly bland and uninspiring is to blame. It's why I annoy people on here by being so against more building (because it almost inevitably creates a more depressing place to live, particularly with the dreadfully dull but functional things we've been building for the last century or so), and consequently more people (because that's why you need more building).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Tes Tickle said:

Try living near to people who have open fires and wood burning stoves, then you'll find that pollution and chemical issues very much affect your happiness.

I do. They do affect my happiness, I like the smell on a winter's evening.

edit: Haven't we had this conversation before? IIRC I said I can imagine it gets a bit much if you're in an urban area with everyone at it (the reason smokeless zones were brought in in the first place). Then again a busy, modern, bland urban location is the type of environment that leaves me depressed no matter what the air's like.

Edited by Riedquat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 244 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.