House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Si1

Boomer with nice house, early retirement and new Audi says it's awful

You have no idea how much he has in his pension.

On the contrary he is not saying he has an awful life - his wife asks why he is so happy all the time.

Osterley Park is a lovely place to go for a walk nice pond, woods, lovely cafe, people are very friendly. 

You actually seem to want other people to be unhappy and you seem to be angry all the time.  

The thing is that people who wish ill will on others are eaten up by anger and negativity but the people that you disdain do not care not even notice, for instance this gentleman goes about his business is happily married owns his own home, walks his dogs, meets people for a chat. With respect he could not care less that someone he does not even know does not like him.

I am sure that you will feel the need to reply with some ride comments but I will not read them as I cannot be bothered with such hate and negativity.

Fact, for some their work is who they are, their work is how they and others value them......take away their work and they would be like a rudderless ship.......not all are like that, there are those who would have a million and one things they could do in their 'free' time.......all the things they never had the chance to do because of the lifetime of work.......all that is required is time, some savings and their health...😉

I'm reassured to hear the obvious fact that wealth doesn't guarantee happiness.

I have a hobby of looking at the faces of drivers of German premium-brand cars, you hardly ever see anyone looking happy driving them.

1 hour ago, Tes Tickle said:

I have a hobby of looking at the faces of drivers of German premium-brand cars, you hardly ever see anyone looking happy driving them.

Most of the depression in my opinion is because of sliding living standards, overpopulation, imbalances in our bodies from air pollution and chemicals in our food.. 

Greed is destroying this country only to the benefit of the rich.. 

???

Bloke finds himself at a loose end after retiring so gets himself a dog and finds walking it in the park has given him a new lease of life.

Osterley Park is wonderful btw...

Trivia: The "breakout" photo from Band on the Run album cover was taken as Osterley Park. 

6 hours ago, funinhounslow said:

Trivia: The "breakout" photo from Band on the Run album cover was taken as Osterley Park. 

Bought that vinyl in charity shop last month...2 quid...love it.

8 hours ago, Tes Tickle said:

Material is an illusion....suffering is caused through craving worldly things. We should have a Buddhism thread...those intent on HPI forever could learn the error of their ways.

21 hours ago, happyguy said:

You have no idea how much he has in his pension.

On the contrary he is not saying he has an awful life - his wife asks why he is so happy all the time.

Osterley Park is a lovely place to go for a walk nice pond, woods, lovely cafe, people are very friendly. 

You actually seem to want other people to be unhappy and you seem to be angry all the time.  

The thing is that people who wish ill will on others are eaten up by anger and negativity but the people that you disdain do not care not even notice, for instance this gentleman goes about his business is happily married owns his own home, walks his dogs, meets people for a chat. With respect he could not care less that someone he does not even know does not like him.

I am sure that you will feel the need to reply with some ride comments but I will not read them as I cannot be bothered with such hate and negativity.

The bloke is a boomer - that's quite enough reason for Si1 to despise him. 

10 minutes ago, Mrs Bear said:

The bloke is a boomer - that's quite enough reason for Si1 to despise him. 

I didn't say I despised him anywhere, what a nasty accusation you just made. Your comprehension is about as good as Happyguy's maths.

I'd give the NT more credit if they featured someone in their 30s, who had to bike there and walking around a nice place helped relax him/her after the stress of long working hours and living in a cramped shared house.

Instead of going on about poor boomers and their loneness, as that's so overdone. Although it's true there are far bigger issues in society and boomer loneliness is partly caused by the world they helped create that splits up families and means people are working far too much. There's a knock on affect if even an ex-council semi is now worth 400k+ in the home counties.Insert other media

Edited by stuckin2up2down

We deliberately avoid going anywhere with a National Trust sign these days, as you know that the prices are going to be horrendous before you even look at them.

They seem to be an awkward mix of charitable status, housing association for the aristocracy and a monopolising business.  They don't seem to be regulated in any way either, they can (and do) increase their prices by as much as they like.

On 25/10/2018 at 14:59, macca13 said:

Most of the depression in my opinion is because of sliding living standards, overpopulation, imbalances in our bodies from air pollution and chemicals in our food.. 

Greed is destroying this country only to the benefit of the rich.. 

It's an unpopular view but the pollution and chemical issues really probably don't affect people's happiness that much, at least until they start getting ill from them. Since we're well past the point where basic material necessities should be a concern (although distribution issues means it remains for some) I'm firmly of the opinion that stress, busy-ness, increasing lack of human contact and the ever-changing country into somewhere increasingly bland and uninspiring is to blame. It's why I annoy people on here by being so against more building (because it almost inevitably creates a more depressing place to live, particularly with the dreadfully dull but functional things we've been building for the last century or so), and consequently more people (because that's why you need more building).

12 minutes ago, Tes Tickle said:

Try living near to people who have open fires and wood burning stoves, then you'll find that pollution and chemical issues very much affect your happiness.

I do. They do affect my happiness, I like the smell on a winter's evening.

edit: Haven't we had this conversation before? IIRC I said I can imagine it gets a bit much if you're in an urban area with everyone at it (the reason smokeless zones were brought in in the first place). Then again a busy, modern, bland urban location is the type of environment that leaves me depressed no matter what the air's like.

Edited by Riedquat