House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
spyguy

And ... Skipton BS start a savings promotion

Funny.

6 months after Coventry BS start heavy marketing campaign.

Youd think they were running out of money.

Edited by spyguy

12 hours ago, rantnrave said:

Are they trying to compete against Marcus?

RBS is competing against Marcus, but with a min of 1000.

Barclays is responding by trying to compete in the US against Marcus

3 hours ago, Ah-so said:

I would guess that Skipton has been growing its balance sheet and needs deposits to support its mortgages. 

Oh I know.

I also know hat, nti lrecently, Skipon, have been operating in the racier end.

https://www.skipton.co.uk/about-us/financial-results

Loking at the heldlines, they've drwn in their horns - mortgage lendings dropped a fair old chunk 'together with the impact of more stringent customer affordability criteria we introduced towards the end of 2017;'

'Group administrative expenses totalled £249.7m (six months ended 30 June 2017: £253.9m), of which
£171.8m relates to the Connells estate agency group (six months ended 30 June 2017: £169.1m);'

Hmm. Id be getting rid.

1.3% interest to lock my money away for a year - no thanks.

Zopa (even though I have long term doubts about them) give me 4% and it will only cost 1% when I time my escape...

Further shenanigans today in the form of an email from them. I dont have anywhere near enough with them to be affected by this but it doesn't instil confidence. 

{something redacted}

23 October 2018

Dear {Horridbloke}

Changes to your agreement with Skipton

When you opened your online account with Skipton you received the terms and conditions of your account including details about withdrawals by faster payment, when needed. Whilst you can continue to instruct withdrawals by faster payment, we are introducing an additional step in some circumstances.

The change – Notice of Variation

If you wish to withdraw more than £50,000 per day from your account online (including on closure) via faster payments you will need to confirm your authorisation. To do this you must contact Skipton Direct on 0345 850 1722 within 5 days of your online withdrawal request.

The revised terms apply to your account from 7 January 2019, or if you have a fixed rate account, after your fixed term ends if later.

What you need to know

There is nothing you need to do except please read this email carefully. Skipton Online will reflect the necessary changes and will advise you if you reach the overall daily faster payment limit and the next steps.

If you’re thinking about withdrawing or transferring ISA funds follow the online guidance so we can help you make sure the money keeps its tax-free status.

Important things to bear in mind

These terms will take effect two months from the date of this email but if these changes aren’t suitable, you can choose to close the account before they happen.

If the account is a fixed rate account, the changes will not take effect for that account until the fixed term ends when you have the option to close your account without loss of interest.

If we don’t hear from you, we’ll assume you’re happy with the changes and treat this as your acceptance.

Yours sincerely

Phillips-Vicky

Victoria Phillips

Customer Delivery Leader

For security reasons, we will never ask for your log-in details in any form of communication. If you call us we will ask you other questions to check your identity.

Skipton Building Society is a member of the Building Societies Association. Authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority, under registration number 153706, for accepting deposits, advising on and arranging mortgages and providing Restricted financial advice.
Principal Office, The Bailey, Skipton, North Yorkshire BD23 1DN.