House Price Crash Forum

I wish Rightmove allowed comments.

HOLA441

Because I'd be all over this one - https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-76412336.html

Seriously don't know whether to reserve a special portion of hatred or respect for this EA who is clearly going above and beyond when it comes to "polishing a turd". Would be ok if it was £150k but £750k........I mean seriously, surely the EA has seen this place?

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
9 minutes ago, Smiley George said:

Because I'd be all over this one - https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-76412336.html

Seriously don't know whether to reserve a special portion of hatred or respect for this EA who is clearly going above and beyond when it comes to "polishing a turd". Would be ok if it was £150k but £750k........I mean seriously, surely the EA has seen this place?

I would pay £250k for it

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
2 minutes ago, Maximus Skepticus said:

Hahhaaa....welcome to the south-west London double bubble....;-)...All those exclusive KT code areas are highly sort after didn't you know...it's the schools innit.

The higher they climb, the harder they faaaaaaal.......

Nothing to do with the schools......rich people do not send their kids to the local schools..... brilliant schools in places where house prices are lower for the same.?

HOLA447
HOLA448
2 hours ago, Smiley George said:

Meanwhile, in other news this can be had for £279k...

9819-detached-villa-for-sale-in-argaka_f

Oh, it also comes with a view like this...

9806-detached-villa-for-sale-in-argaka_f

I am so glad I don't have to play this silly UK house price game anymore.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Tbh I'm a little surprised that one of the HPC tech-wizards hasn't already come up with an extension / app / site that allows this. You could dress it up as something that appeals to "investors" and general muppets - "UK Property Information Exchange" or similar then use it to mercilessly rip the piss out of the increasingly desperate agents and their ridiculous prices; disseminating further mis-trust and negative sentiment about our ridiculous property market. 

To be fair an extension that allowed member comments to be inserted into RM listings in a similar way to price data from Property Bee etc could be a seriously valuable tool for potential buyers to get feedback from people who live in the area. I wonder if this is viable (technically and legally)..?

HOLA4411
7 minutes ago, ftb_fml said:

Tbh I'm a little surprised that one of the HPC tech-wizards hasn't already come up with an extension / app / site that allows this. You could dress it up as something that appeals to "investors" and general muppets - "UK Property Information Exchange" or similar then use it to mercilessly rip the piss out of the increasingly desperate agents and their ridiculous prices; disseminating further mis-trust and negative sentiment about our ridiculous property market. 

To be fair an extension that allowed member comments to be inserted into RM listings in a similar way to price data from Property Bee etc could be a seriously valuable tool for potential buyers to get feedback from people who live in the area. I wonder if this is viable (technically and legally)..?

I added comments functionality to the Property Log Chrome Extension but removed it after about a week because I had a dozen or so private messages on here saying it was a bad idea and that I was opening myself up for a lot of trouble...

Shame really as in the week it was active a LOT of comments were added!

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
12 minutes ago, GettingBored said:

I added comments functionality to the Property Log Chrome Extension but removed it after about a week because I had a dozen or so private messages on here saying it was a bad idea and that I was opening myself up for a lot of trouble...

Shame really as in the week it was active a LOT of comments were added!

Yeah, I can totally believe that. Real shame as it could be a properly empowering tool for the buyer; as well as a fantastic means of putting the boot in to those who deserve it!

11 minutes ago, thewig said:

I’ve started experimenting with the “email scumbag EA” function on rightmove. It’s amazing what these cretins will respond to... must be MEGA BUSY

Excellent - good work. I've long wanted to create a 2nd email account to troll EAs, but sadly I lack the time or commitment to do so. Muppets must be desperate as I've just had another missed call from one (of the worst), probably a full two years after we last viewed a property with them. I bet the most action their office sees in a week is the tumbleweed blowing past the door..

Tbh I'm tempted to call them back just to grind them into the dirt about the state of the market, and ask them what they think the future holds for properties in the area when they can't sell a flat for nearly 25% less than a similar one in the same block sold for a couple of years ago..

Edited by ftb_fml

HOLA4414
6 hours ago, ftb_fml said:

I've long wanted to create a 2nd email account to troll EAs, but sadly I lack the time or commitment to do so.

You can create instant disposable email addresses for free at https://dnt.abine.com/#register . Once you are logged in and I am guessing a cookie is set, then it is as easy to create a new address as use your old one. All addresses so created forward to your designated account. If the throwaway address gets compromised (on a spam list) you can just cancel it.

HOLA4415
10 hours ago, thewig said:

I’ve started experimenting with the “email scumbag EA” function on rightmove. It’s amazing what these cretins will respond to... must be MEGA BUSY

I often do the same, I always send a polite and breezy enquiry along the lines of asking if they can give me a brief summary of the improvements that have been made to account for a house now apparently being worth 60% more than it was bought for only 2 years ago (when I know full well it hasn't had a penny spent on it and the local market has risen no where near that much)

Trouble is they're so thick (or they think I'm so thick) that they often send a genuine reply followed up by numerous invitations to view said house.

Edited by nome

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
5 hours ago, MissOnAccomplished said:

You can create instant disposable email addresses for free at https://dnt.abine.com/#register . Once you are logged in and I am guessing a cookie is set, then it is as easy to create a new address as use your old one. All addresses so created forward to your designated account. If the throwaway address gets compromised (on a spam list) you can just cancel it.

Thanks - I'll take a look as it sounds like a great way of maximising the longevity of one's trolling!

2 minutes ago, Smiley George said:

They should stick a unicorn sh1ting gold bars on the roof, that would maybe justify the £750k "valuation".

pmsl :D

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
19 minutes ago, longgone said:

at least you can save 50k and live above a shop 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-74773160.html

Yes...but's it's not any old shop, it's the EA's shop, that adds at least £200k to the price for no good reason I can think of.

A simple search on Rightmove's sold prices for flats in the area show how over-valued this place is, the only places to go anywhere near this price are substantially larger, more bedrooms or have river views. I live in eternal hope that any prospective buyers do the same and expose the EA for the charlatans they are.

HOLA4425
58 minutes ago, Smiley George said:

Yes...but's it's not any old shop, it's the EA's shop, that adds at least £200k to the price for no good reason I can think of.

A simple search on Rightmove's sold prices for flats in the area show how over-valued this place is, the only places to go anywhere near this price are substantially larger, more bedrooms or have river views. I live in eternal hope that any prospective buyers do the same and expose the EA for the charlatans they are.

indeed 500k overpriced. 

personally i think the ea should be tracked down stripped naked and stapled to the front of dexters with a big sign saying this guy over values things with an arrow pointing down