House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ajh

Revenge Of The Nerds?

On another forum I frequent, and also on this one I believe, there have been references from time to time about the percentage of posters who do work which is at least moderately academically challenging.

If this is indeed the case, given the average analytical/numeracy skills (and interest levels) of the general population do we risk being swamped by the herd even when we have logic on our side?

More seriously, when the excrement really hits the portable air circulation device the sheeple speculators (as opposed to the likes of TTRTR) are going to scream their pain. If there's enough of them I can see the politicians the world over screwing the prudent minority and doing something, anything, to save the fools from their own stupidity.

On another forum I frequent, and also on this one I believe, there have been references from time to time about the percentage of posters who do work which is at least moderately academically challenging.

If this is indeed the case, given the average analytical/numeracy skills (and interest levels) of the general population do we risk being swamped by the herd even when we have logic on our side?

More seriously, when the excrement really hits the portable air circulation device the sheeple speculators (as opposed to the likes of TTRTR) are going to scream their pain. If there's enough of them I can see the politicians the world over screwing the prudent minority and doing something, anything, to save the fools from their own stupidity.

But surely you too are a fool if you do not do anything to protect yourself from this possibility?

I enquired about the occupation of people who post on this site because it appeared as if there are a high proportion of IT types. My findings are that many people who hold degrees in even in reasonably technical subjects are blinkered and naive in their outlook. In contrast, a high proportion of people who are in the skilled manual class lack academic qualifications but have a form of inbuilt intelligence and know when to smell a rat.

Some are Oxbridge class whereas others are toilet cleaner class.

So which one are you? And does being a stuck-up tw@t who thinks his kids are too good to mix with anyone else become tedious after a while?

But surely you too are a fool if you do not do anything to protect yourself from this possibility?

I have indeed got some of my assets in areas which I believe will benefit from an inflationary outcome.