House Price Crash Forum
copydude

Naughty Teacher At Mile High School Gets Off

Well, did she or didn't she? We will never know, because the trial collapsed.

Who'd a thunk it? I was all ready to write to her in prison. The media - and the prosecution - painted her as black as the jeans and hiking boots she wore on the alleged tryst in a toilet.

Seriously though, a victory for 'reasonable doubt?'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6260737/Jury-FAILS-reach-verdict-case-teacher-29-accused-sex-16-year-old-pupil-toilet.html

4 hours ago, longgone said:

i wish i had school trips like that 😄

she's 6 foot and wears size 12's?

what are you trying to infer????

3 hours ago, oracle said:

nothing at all.  sounds like a great school trip 

I am often prone to musing when I read these (many) stories. I used to skip school and go fishing on the pier, quite oblivious of the 'education' I might have had.

The 'couple' exchanged two or three hundred messages. I never got one sext . . . but I could have been a revolting adolescent. And then again, we didn't have mobiles. 

Have times changed? I'm sure when I was that age,  16 and 29 would have seemed a huge divide. 

Strange case, because it can't really be proved. Yet the incident was around 4 years ago, so one assumes the CPS deliberated for quite some time about bringing it to trial.

On 12/10/2018 at 19:35, oracle said:

you could stand on top of her feet with your stocking feet protected from the wet toilet floor ? 

😃

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

On 13/10/2018 at 00:25, copydude said:

I am often prone to musing when I read these (many) stories. I used to skip school and go fishing on the pier, quite oblivious of the 'education' I might have had.

The 'couple' exchanged two or three hundred messages. I never got one sext . . . but I could have been a revolting adolescent. And then again, we didn't have mobiles. 

Have times changed? I'm sure when I was that age,  16 and 29 would have seemed a huge divide. 

Strange case, because it can't really be proved. Yet the incident was around 4 years ago, so one assumes the CPS deliberated for quite some time about bringing it to trial.

All the cases that are coming out like this are a surprise to me.

I am 42 and when I was 15 or 16 the chance of this happening were almost zero, even for the the best looking guy in the school.

I think this is a statement on the infantalisation of teachers (and adults in general) that probably started in the 1990's, and is reaching epic proportions now.

On 18/10/2018 at 12:57, reddog said:

I am 42 and when I was 15 or 16 the chance of this happening were almost zero, even for the the best looking guy in the school.

I think this is a statement on the infantalisation of teachers (and adults in general) that probably started in the 1990's, and is reaching epic proportions now.

Co-education in secondary schools didn't really get going until the 70s, as far as I recall. The old grammar schools were nearly all segregated, and generally boys were taught by Masters and girls by Misses. Maybe  it's some kind of evolutionary cycle and dating your teacher will become the norm. 

By the way, Eleanor has been informed by the CPS that there will be no re-trial. But this hasn't stopped the Mirror from digging up any old dirt on her. The Mirror got hold of a picture of her from 2009 (sigh) wearing a 'vampish black dress'. Now that is shameful.

There was a lot of blatant character assassination in the trial from the prosecution and I think the Judge directed the jury very well. 

A propos infantilisation,  I was surprised the boy's name and image was kept secret. He is now 19 and surely of an age to take responsibility for a story that would put a woman in the slammer .  . . especially if he was telling porkies.  Evidently the judge was not convinced because he asked the jury to consider a 'schoolboy boast'.

On 13/10/2018 at 21:38, Saving For a Space Ship said:

you could stand on top of her feet with your stocking feet (Plural)

😃

I think the defence pointed out that, given her height and the restricted space, she would have to be perched on one leg . . . 

On 19/10/2018 at 23:54, copydude said:

.....I think the defence pointed out that, given her height and the restricted space, she would have to be perched on one leg . . . 

Says something about the lack of intellect / life experience of the people at the CPS to not have at least anticipated such a rebuttal in deciding whether to push forward with prosecution.

Edited by anonguest