House Price Crash Forum
Still Dews

Change of law so that anyone can legally change their sex on their own say so

The government are consulting on whether to change the law so that anyone can legally change their sex (ie. change male to female on birth certificate) based on their own ‘Self Identification’, and will no longer need a medical diagnosis or to meet any other criteria. The proposals are to change the Gender Recognition Act.

Lobby groups such as Stonewall have been pushing Self Id because the current system is too slow and intrusive. I'm sure it is necessary to make the process easier for those who need it and are going through a very difficult thing. But it also reflects a broadening of the type of people who are now considered trans gender, to include people who don't have gender dysphoria and don't seek any hormone treatment, surgery etc.  Very little public discussion of these policies is allowed beyond repeating 'trans women are women'.

The only people who are campaigning against these changes are some women’s groups. They get a lot of flak for it but they are pointing out that if any male can be seen legally as a woman, this will have an impact on:  women’s prisons, women’s sport,  the right to have intimate care done by someone of your own sex,  single sex hospital wards,  rape crisis centres and domestic violence shelters, collecting data on crime, pay, or anything else where you want to have separate figures for male and female.

This change to the GRA is part of a general trend we are seeing, from segregating where necessary based on sex, to segregating based on ‘gender identity’. This is going under the radar. Many organisations and public bodies now segregate based on gender identity not sex. For example male to female trans women are usually housed in women’s prisons. See the recent case of Karen White, male rapist who sexually assaulted female prisoners she was locked up with. Girl Guides accepts male to female trans girls. Where this happens the male child/teen will share sleeping/showering etc with the other girls on camp, and parents will not be told. Girls who identity as a boy will be managed out of the organisation.  British Gymnastics allows boys up to 16 who identify as a girl to compete against girls. Pips Bunce was given a place on the FT list of top 100 women in the city (seriously, google him/her). Schools are advised that children should use the changing room and loos of the gender they identify with. If anyone else is uncomfortable (ie a teenage girl expected to change next to someone she has always knows as a boy) the school is advised to move the uncomfortable child. These policies seem to be brought in without any risk assessment or equality impact assessments for how it will effect other groups.

Anyone can fill in the consultation. It’s long but you don’t have to answer all the questions or do it in one go. Fair Play for Women, and A Women’s Place UK both have guides to filling it in,  both are looking at it from a women’s rights perspective.

https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/reform-of-the-gender-recognition-act-2004

Your birth certificate contains a record of your sex, i.e. biological fact, at birth. Saying that can be changed is drivel. Can I change the date because because I identify more as being a grumpy old man? Of course not.

Birth certificate should never be changed.

But most of the need to do this because of the excessive distinction in behaviours that society ascribes to the two sexes. If we could get rid of the all-pervasive pink and blue, then people might not feel so lost if they don’t fit with society’s rigid ideas about their given sex. People are often rejecting all that comes with being male, not the “condition” itself.

Neon tetra I agree. I think that's probably why more people want to be the opposite sex. Toys, books, fashions for kids are much more gendered than they were when I was a kid. The number of girls who are identifying as boys has increased massively in a few years. 

Big Orange - yes the unintended consequences are potentially very bad for women. In Canada which is further along in self id both in law and social convention, University Sports are now divided by self identifying gender, not actual sex. Males competing against young women.

You can already change your birth certificate if you change sex legally. I think the original birth certificate is kept but 'closed', and you have a new one with the new sex. That's been the case since 2004. The difference is that at the moment it's quite a difficult process to go through, needs a medical diagnosis and proof that you have been living as if the opposite sex. The new rules will mean there will be no criteria to meet other than your own say so.

Deadline for the consultation is 19th October. Only a few days to go.

Could Russian Trolls please express their vested interested in destroying the Capitalistic West before posting threads like this.

Do you think Russian trolls would be for against self-declared legal gender?

I suspect for. Other people who are for self-declared legal gender are: the Labour Party, the Greens and Lib Dems, Stonewall,  the NUS (who have called for an end to registering the sex of babies, so they can choose), the Fawcett Society .…..

If this goes through, then how long before you can have any gender on your birth certificate? All this non binary latte unicorn crap thats been going on for the last year or so, based on what you "identify" with.

I change mine to apache helicopter 

Thanks for posting the link.  We only have till 11pm tonight to make our views clear.

We need to look at why this is happening. e.g. hormones in birth control pills and hormones in the water supply through urine of women taking them. I doubt that will happen though because of political correctness. Would I be p**ssed off if I was born half man half woman? Whether or not, I'd have no right or reason to be because that would have already been decided by someone else.

38 minutes ago, longgone said:

does this mean if i change my name to brenda and pop down the dss office with a borrowed child i will get a flat ??? 

evan-hempel-transgender-pregnancy-elinor

Brawndo with electrolytes. Puts hairs on your t1ts.

Edited by Arpeggio

Bruce Banner and peanut butter - it won't add any costs to the nhs. There is no need to have any medical treatment to change legal sex and change birth certificate. The majority of trans women keep their male genitalia. Alex Drummond claims to be a lesbian with a full beard - (s)he is a trans advisor to Stonewall who are v involved with lobbying for all these changes. Drummond says (s)he is expanding the bandwidth of womanhood (ie by being a bloke with a beard in a dress). 

Monkey - the government consultation asks if we should recognise 'non binary identities' in law. 

Arpeggio - I don't know anything about hormones in the water and stuff. But the recent increase in the number of children and teens identifying as the opposite sex is mostly girls identifying as boys.  It's 4000% increase in a few years. Government have announced and inquiry, but research is often stomped on by pro-trans activists who really don't want this discussing.  

On 22/10/2018 at 18:15, Still Dews said:

Arpeggio - I don't know anything about hormones in the water and stuff. But the recent increase in the number of children and teens identifying as the opposite sex is mostly girls identifying as boys.  It's 4000% increase in a few years. Government have announced and inquiry, but research is often stomped on by pro-trans activists who really don't want this discussing.  

This is happening because people keep on drivelling about sex identification and gender. Children are impressionable, so if they teach them that gender is a changeable thing they will actually believe it.

On ‎30‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:57, Errol said:

Children are impressionable, so if they teach them that gender is a changeable thing they will actually believe it.

Yes I'm sure you're right. 

There was a debate in the House of Commons last week on proposals to allow self-identified gender.

Only one MP spoke against self-id legal gender. David TC Davies a Tory. All the others (about 6? Labour, SNP and Lib Dem) spoke in favour of it. Spouting simplistic let's be kind to everyone waffle. The Minister for Women was a bit more cautious sounding.

Davies asked Layla Moran (Lib Dem) "whether she would be happy sharing a changing room with somebody who was born male and had a male body?". She answered "I believe that women are women, so if that person was a trans woman, I absolutely would. I just do not see the issue. As for whether they have a beard, which was one of the hon. Gentleman’s earlier comments, I dare say that some women have beards. There are all sorts of reasons why our bodies react differently to hormones. There are many forms of the human body. I see someone in their soul and as a person. I do not really care whether they have a male body."

What a dingbat. She is going to give away female only changing rooms and showers because she thinks she to tell whether the hairy bearded male stranger next to her genuinely has a woman's soul or not.

'Social Justice' these days is more like a set of religious tenets for the left.  And being the left, they just can't help getting more and more extreme and eating themselves as the left always does.

They've already started attacking some lesbians for not wanting to sleep with 'trans women' ie MEN and if you are a heterosexual man who doesn't want to bonk a 'trans woman' you are a bigot and transphobe.

Certified loony tunes.  One hopes that they'll implode under the weight of their own craziness but politicians,  the mainstream media and corporate culture are more than happy to facilitate their delusion by paying lip service to them.  Keeps them from getting upset about the people who are really screwing them (and everyone else) over - the establishment/elites.

Then there are things like this:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/male-rapist-transfer-womens-jail/

Convicted multiple rapist identifies as woman, sent to women's prison, commits more sexual assaults.

Half the "transgender" prisoners in the UK are in for sexual offences.