House Price Crash Forum
No One

FED BASE RATE 2.25%

Starting this thread because no one seems to have bothered to.

The fed just upped 1/4% , the BOE must follow. What is Mark Carney playing a

Isn't there a thread on the FED

'Bubble' index ranks cities by over-valued homes

Sky News: https://news.sky.com/story/bubble-index-ranks-cities-by-over-valued-homes-11510278

One of the most striking aspects of the report is that there is no American city identified by it as being in bubble territory...

The report identifies San Francisco, where prices have risen by 12% during the last year due to the ongoing tech boom, as America's most overpriced city.

New York, where prices have fallen by 2% during the last year, is ranked as slightly over-valued but not in bubble territory while Boston is ranked as fairly valued and Chicago, where prices remain 30% below the peak they hit in 2006, is ranked as under-valued. The US housing market, the report suggests, is coming off the boil thanks to recent interest rate rises leading to more expensive mortgages.

Shouldn't the mods update the Base Rate on the home page ?

It's showing 2% rather than 2.5%

Also, could the discrepancy between US and UK IR's be prompting Goldma Sachs to offer that 1.5% savings account?

interest-rate

Posted Elsewhere,

*Note: The scales don't match up exactly. Rather than having one scale on the y axis, this website puts the scales on two opposite y axes'.

1 minute ago, No One said:

Shouldn't the mods update the Base Rate on the home page ?

It's showing 2% rather than 2.5%

Also, could the discrepancy between US and UK IR's be prompting Goldma Sachs to offer that 1.5% savings account?

No, its the lag in the system, it'll take a few months for the impact to sink in, UK rates are going up as long as the us rates do.

Think about it, rates lower because of the economic risk of brexit, you what lads? The currency should be on its knees, I must admit I'm not really sure why it isn't in more trouble.

Brexit is a risk , low rates are unattractive,and GDP is based on none productive borrowing, I guess its all that money laundering that's propping things up, how heart warming.

3 minutes ago, frederico said:

No, its the lag in the system, it'll take a few months for the impact to sink in, UK rates are going up as long as the us rates do.

Think about it, rates lower because of the economic risk of brexit, you what lads? The currency should be on its knees, I must admit I'm not really sure why it isn't in more trouble.

Brexit is a risk , low rates are unattractive,and GDP is based on none productive borrowing, I guess its all that money laundering that's propping things up, how heart warming.

We are seriously lagging behind US rate rises for last 3-4 years, with Brexit looming do you really think we will follow in the medium term? 

9 minutes ago, Andy T said:

We are seriously lagging behind US rate rises for last 3-4 years, with Brexit looming do you really think we will follow in the medium term? 

I'm surprised we've got away with it, must all dodgy money or something.

If it does eventually go it'll be something to behold.

37 minutes ago, Andy T said:

2 years. Thats all.

Everyone took advantage of the space offered by FED setting rates to 0 - ECB Boe Oz/NZ.

Now the FED is raising rates - it has to. US economy is on fire.

ECB, depsite the BS, are massively backtracking on QE and zilch. They know theyve got to ask. ECB face the issue of EURO falling lower against $ and German exports going up even more , resulting in massive trade war with US. Germans will be screaming at the ECB to raise rates - they were none too happy with the lowering anyhow. Now a low EURO risks tipping the Eurozone into a trade war with the US. Germany does not want that.

UK is bobbing along - it has to raise rates above FED.

9 minutes ago, spyguy said:

2 years. Thats all.

Everyone took advantage of the space offered by FED setting rates to 0 - ECB Boe Oz/NZ.

ECB, depsite the BS, are massively backtracking on QE and zilch. They know theyve got to ask. ECB face the issue of EURO falling lower against $ and German exports going up even more , resulting in massive trade war with US. Germans will be screaming at the ECB to raise rates - they were none too happy with the lowering anyhow. Now a low EURO risks tipping the Eurozone into a trade war with the US. Germany does not want that.

The UK economy can barely manage 1% growth p.a.! Another bad winter and we're in recesssion.

Only If Speadsheet Phil runs the deficit back up to 7-8% for another four years do we start to close the gap with the US. Otherwise, forget it.

6 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

The UK economy can barely manage 1% growth p.a.! Another bad winter and we're in recesssion.

Only If Speadsheet Phil runs the deficit back up to 7-8% for another four years do we start to close the gap with the US. Otherwise, forget it.

Lol, if you assume we are in control of our own destiny which we're not.

Phil runs a deficit rates rise, Phil doesn't run a deficit rates rise, Phil screws ordinary people, Phil retires to a very lucrative gravy train mostly funded by poor people.

If by close the gap you mean growth wise to the US then that isn't going to happen. Ever, but low rates will cause high inflation and after about 100 years the economy may recover.

1 hour ago, No One said:

interest-rate

Posted Elsewhere,

*Note: The scales don't match up exactly. Rather than having one scale on the y axis, this website puts the scales on two opposite y axes'.

I'm always posting the older economist.com version of that, so thanks for the updated version.

Muling-on-Leash-300x259.png

Edited by sisyphal

3 hours ago, frederico said:

Brexit is a risk, which is why, if I could have at the time, I would have voted for it.

Risk is good if you want Higher IR's.

For this reason, voting Corbyn is also an option. It's a risky way of voting, but at this rate I'll never get a house, so anything goes.

The trashing of the pound has hit a lot of Chinese and Russian "investors", let's see if raising IR finish the job.

3 hours ago, Andy T said:

yes it does seem to have gone

How many threads got pruned?

I know one on the off topic thread that was massive (talked about certain spiritual belief system and the people who hold it), but I wasn't aware of other threads going too.

2 hours ago, frederico said:

I'm surprised we've got away with it, must all dodgy money or something.

If it does eventually go it'll be something to behold.

I posted a documentary in another thread called "the spiders web: britains second empire". It's very good, same people that did the Princess Of The Yen Documentary. Anyhow, you'd not believe how much offshore wealth is set up from the city of London, and what fraction of that are homes owned by Trusts.

2 hours ago, spyguy said:

2 years. Thats all.

I pray to God they do, I could use high savings account and lower house prices :D

1 hour ago, winkie said:

We're all doomed........sometimes enforced change forces change for the better.😉

High House prices are not a fluke of a low IR policy, they are the intent. This is only reversing because the risk of a run on the pound. There are too many vested interests otherwise.

How much BTL does Mark Carnage own?

Does anyone know if the US banks are (have been ) passing on the rate increases properly  to their savers unlike UK banks. If so does anyone know what the top one /two/ three year fixed rate bonds are offering ?.

5 hours ago, No One said:

Brexit is a risk, which is why, if I could have at the time, I would have voted for it.

Risk is good if you want Higher IR's.

For this reason, voting Corbyn is also an option. It's a risky way of voting, but at this rate I'll never get a house, so anything goes.

The trashing of the pound has hit a lot of Chinese and Russian "investors", let's see if raising IR finish the job.

Exactly my thinking 

5 hours ago, No One said:

I know one on the off topic thread that was massive (talked about certain spiritual belief system and the people who hold it), but I wasn't aware of other threads going too.

I posted a documentary in another thread called "the spiders web: britains second empire". It's very good, same people that did the Princess Of The Yen Documentary. Anyhow, you'd not believe how much offshore wealth is set up from the city of London, and what fraction of that are homes owned by Trusts.

I pray to God they do, I could use high savings account and lower house prices :D

High House prices are not a fluke of a low IR policy, they are the intent. This is only reversing because the risk of a run on the pound. There are too many vested interests otherwise.

Agree with everything, I seriously think the housing crisis is reaching critical mass

2 minutes ago, Noallegiance said:

You mean in a bad way, right?

Good way.

Loafs if jinpbs business thst went to china is coming back.

Demand for skilled staff is massive - 25% churn in a lot of places.

6 hours ago, No One said:

What was the spiritual belief system?