House Price Crash Forum
hurlerontheditch

Estate Agent Giving To Chairty if you buy!!

I saw this property advert on zoopla at lunch and spat my tea out!

**riverhomes will donate £1,000 of our fee, £500 to the (rnli) & £500 to the buyers chosen charity upon completion**

:D:D

I would rather they priced it to sell or just give the buyer 1k of their fee!

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/45101702?search_identifier=7d1fd58a99c65aa05aa283db1916d7a8

That will be all of 5% of their fee if they're on 1%.

It's easy to be generous at that sort of price.

Interesting that Zoopla have a house type named just "property" that they've selected, it should have been accurately described as "Terraced House", which is what it is.

From my hunting, it seems that the further down the photo of the front is, the more they're trying to hide it, it's photo 18 in this case!  I've given up bothering to look at the listings that have an interior photo as the first one, you know there must be a major issue straight away.

2 hours ago, Tes Tickle said:

I've given up bothering to look at the listings that have an interior photo as the first one, you know there must be a major issue straight away.

Down my way (south coast) you get a lot of photos of the "local area" thrown in as well. I mean, FFS - I know what the local area looks like (sunset shot of beach, couple drinking bottle of wine and so forth).

34 minutes ago, Horridbloke said:

I like how the "Terrace", "Garden", "Exterior" and "Entrance Gate" photos have the same blue sky stock image photoshopped in.

Nice spot.  Identical, you can flick between them and the clouds stay still!

Nothing wrong with charity, but if they cared that much they could just give their own money away without making it a requirement of a sale.

Edited by Tes Tickle

11 hours ago, mattyboy1973 said:

Down my way (south coast) you get a lot of photos of the "local area" thrown in as well. I mean, FFS - I know what the local area looks like (sunset shot of beach, couple drinking bottle of wine and so forth).

I'm south coast too... In Littlehampton you get pictures of discarded fridges in front gardens and close-ups of squashed cider cans 😂