Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
spyguy

Waiting for Godot's mortgage application

Recommended Posts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-45589803

'The 14th Century house used as the birthplace of Harry Potter remains on the market over a year after it was put up for sale.

De Vere House in Lavenham, Suffolk, featured in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One, as the house where the young wizard's parents were killed by Lord Voldemort.

It was put on the market last summer for almost £1m.

Estate agent Carter Jonas said it was yet to find "the buyer it deserves".

Caroline Edwards, a partner at the firm, said: "Special houses like this always have to find the right buyer - indeed, a buyer who is prepared to be a custodian as much as a resident."'

Burn more money than a steel furnace...

Wonder if the house sells before the EA goes bust.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, spyguy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-45589803

'The 14th Century house used as the birthplace of Harry Potter remains on the market over a year after it was put up for sale.

De Vere House in Lavenham, Suffolk, featured in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One, as the house where the young wizard's parents were killed by Lord Voldemort.

It was put on the market last summer for almost £1m.

Estate agent Carter Jonas said it was yet to find "the buyer it deserves".

Caroline Edwards, a partner at the firm, said: "Special houses like this always have to find the right buyer - indeed, a buyer who is prepared to be a custodian as much as a resident."'

Burn more money than a steel furnace...

Wonder if the house sells before the EA goes bust.

 

 

Maintaining a house like this is a full time job, which is no good if you need two full time jobs to pay the mortgage.

It just needs someone willing to suffer the fate of the Potter patients. 💀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a few old piles in my area that made silly money pre crash and have not recovered. One place had extensive renovation including new thatch (prob 80-100k total) and sold in 2016 for 25k less than 2005.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, spyguy said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-suffolk-45589803

Estate agent Carter Jonas said it was yet to find "the buyer it deserves".

 

 

Oh do feck off. You'd sell it to Harold Shipman if you got your commission.

What you actually mean Carter (seriously?) is: "It's clearly too expensive because it's been advertised nationally, for free, and still nobody wants it". Also, Harry Potter isn't real and there won't be a blue plaque there any time soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to buy a Grade 1 listed money pit that is going to have Japanese tourists gawping through the windows (that I must maintain at vast expense) in a tourist village where I battle for the few parking spaces to by some Tiptree jam, and a Kath Kidson pinny. Hmm, now where do I sign up? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, monkeyman1974 said:

I'd love to buy a Grade 1 listed money pit that is going to have Japanese tourists gawping through the windows (that I must maintain at vast expense) in a tourist village where I battle for the few parking spaces to by some Tiptree jam, and a Kath Kidson pinny. Hmm, now where do I sign up? 

When you end up bankrupt you won't even be able to afford to shave and end up with an overgrown beard. Then you'll really look the part like some kind of of wise old wizard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah yes, over consumption of housing.

Im always reminded if Rod Hull. Peak Emu he bought a vast pile which, 10 years later,  resulted in him living in a cheap rented cottage with a wonky tv aerial....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spyguy said:

Ah yes, over consumption of housing.

Im always reminded if Rod Hull. Peak Emu he bought a vast pile which, 10 years later,  resulted in him living in a cheap rented cottage with a wonky tv aerial....

lol, that cracked me up. 😄😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/09/2018 at 12:35, honkydonkey said:

lol, that cracked me up. 😄😄

I don't think it's a laughing matter. He died trying to fix the aerial. Tragic loss of a great talent.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 140 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.