House Price Crash Forum

Ttrtr

HOLA441

according to the figures you place so much faith in. Often we all get too hyped by one set of monthly figures. Measuring every 6 months gives a far better indication as to how the market is coping with all the devestating economic news seeping into the system.

I cannot for the life of me understand why you have not sold over the past 12 months, take it from someone who lost a paper mil on his own dot com co. it hurts for a while. Now without being subjective here, I doubt, if you are as one dimensional as you appear, you have the wit or skill set to move onto something else for fulfillment...ahh...just got it, you`re afraid to let go. Seriously, PM Bubb, he majors in psychology too, he could help you make the break through and move on ;)

http://firstrung.co.uk/articles.asp?pageid...1219&cat=44-0-0

Edited by Converted Lurker

HOLA442

Ah the paper mill from the dot com thingy. My plumber has the same story believe it or not.

How much did you put into that mill? Nothing I hear you say? Why did you expect to get anything back then?

If you can't measure the cash flow now, it's not really an investment is it. That's what seperates property from other asset classes, you can see the cashflow now. Shares, the cashflow is subject to major and unexpected disruptions. Gold, what cashflow? Dot com shares, same.

HOLA443

Ah the paper mill from the dot com thingy. My plumber has the same story believe it or not.

How much did you put into that mill? Nothing I hear you say? Why did you expect to get anything back then?

If you can't measure the cash flow now, it's not really an investment is it. That's what seperates property from other asset classes, you can see the cashflow now. Shares, the cashflow is subject to major and unexpected disruptions. Gold, what cashflow? Dot com shares, same.

Actually I made one of those fork in road decisions, buddy up with the largest electrical retailer in the UK, or be bought out by internet incubator :P Live and learn eh? Back to original point, cannot understand why you didn`t sell, surely you accept that these for nothing profits will be eroded. If you genuinely have 1.5mil equity, sell up take the mill (after tax), it`ll go a long way in an economic contraction.

HOLA444
HOLA445

Actually I made one of those fork in road decisions, buddy up with the largest electrical retailer in the UK, or be bought out by internet incubator :P Live and learn eh? Back to original point, cannot understand why you didn`t sell, surely you accept that these for nothing profits will be eroded. If you genuinely have 1.5mil equity, sell up take the mill (after tax), it`ll go a long way in an economic contraction.

That's my advice to him also. The alternative is to watch it slide away. The pig that is your portfolio is getting greasier by the day, TTRTR. Catch it while you can!

HOLA446

That's my advice to him also. The alternative is to watch it slide away. The pig that is your portfolio is getting greasier by the day, TTRTR. Catch it while you can!

My point to both of you. These are the same things I was told when I first posted on the forum. I didn't believe them then & continued on my way, posting my alternate (and correct) views.

Those ideas of yours were wrong then, listening to them would have cost me 200k to 300k. Why are they not wrong now? You make the same predictions as they made. In fact, I'm willing to say they (the 22 month ago posters) were more right than you are (and they were still wrong) because there was the uncertainty of the peak in interest rates back then.

Can't you see it?

Edited by Time to raise the rents.

HOLA447

hahahahahahahahahaha

and this from a man who claims to have built up a 3 million pound portfolio starting with 'just £2,000'

hypocritical lying little nobbend

Oh actually, back in the brave new world of 1999, we invested all our savings, got a bank loan, a local grant after 5 meetings, and a loan from the mezzanine level of a Venture Capital fund manager. I think in total we raised 60K to start trading. Early days sold a small proportion of stock for 100K, our 100K. Took a good salary for two years, made sure all loans paid back inside 2 years from profits, on the way sold 50% for 1mil (the paper loss)...came out the other side OK. Ancient history now.

HOLA448

My point to both of you. These are the same things I was told when I first posted on the forum. I didn't believe them then & continued on my way, posting my alternate (and correct) views.

Those ideas of yours were wrong then, listening to them would have cost me 200k to 300k. Why are they not wrong now? You make the same predictions as they made. In fact, I'm willing to say they (the 22 month ago posters) were more right than you are (and they were still wrong) because there was the uncertainty of the peak in interest rates back then.

Can't you see it?

My neighbour has a house for sale, its worth £250,000..

Well one sold for that in 2004..

Hers still is..

Been on the market for 8 months now..

Two others, identical have just joined in to sell.

Difference??

Same properties, same price..

My neighbour has rolling countryside behind her.. a beautiful devon hill with a farm far enough away to look lovely without being noisy or smelly.. the land is water catchment and can never be built on..

The new properties for sale.. they back onto other houses..

Your assetts have no value apart from what you sell them for..

No other..

The market has changed.

Overpriced property is not being reduced in most cases..

It is just not selling.

What is worse, taking a loss or not being able to sell...?

Say if you needed to

Edited by apom

HOLA449

My neighbour has a house for sale, its worth £250,000..

Well one sold for that in 2004..

Hers still is..

Been on the market for 8 months now..

Two others, identical have just joined in to sell.

Difference??

Same properties, same price..

My neighbour has rolling countryside behind her.. a beautiful devon hill with a farm far enough away to look lovely without being noisy or smelly.. the land is water catchment and can never be built on..

The new properties for sale.. they back onto other houses..

Your assetts have no value apart from what you sell them for..

No other..

Ex-squeeze me, but my assets can be valued by the rent they command. What rents can your examples command?

Hint: Views don't always affect rent.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Ex-squeeze me, but my assets can be valued by the rent they command. What rents can your examples command?

Hint: Views don't always affect rent.

My familiy have a rental property..

But bought it outright in 1999..

no mortgage.

:)

I don't rent property.. I am lucky enough to be a property investor who made £30,000 realised last year alone..

How, ???

no borrowing.. no buying or selling...

How do I make that kind of money..?

if rent covers your repayment mortgage I salute you.

If you have enough in the bank to cover voids..

Then you are an investor.

I could lie and say I could buy a property outright today..

I could, but it would mean a trip to Millets and a more understanding Girlfriend..

Understand the markets my friend..

Everything is working out in the exact way I knew it would..

HOLA4412