House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will!

Distressed British Subjects

I saw this advert for travel insurance masquerading as a news story in the Telegraph today.

True cost of a travel nightmare: 'You think the embassy will help – but it won't'

A pregnant unmarried couple going on holiday to a country where having a baby out of wedlock is a criminal offence are clearly a bit thick, but this bit caught my eye:

In Ras Al Khaimah, foreign visitors must exit the country between the 32nd and 39th day of their stay to renew their visa. Over the 14 weeks, the couple and Ms Quanbrough’s mother had to make three separate trips to Oman, five hours away.

With the couple's premature baby in neonatal intensive care I think the British embassy could have made representations to the UAE government to let them renew their visas without having to leave the country.