House Price Crash Forum
Sausage

Examples of big & multiple drops

Just had to reinstall my system. "Property Log" doesnt seem to turn up when you search in the chrome store. Had to use a general google web search. Hope they're not trying to hide it from us.

On 18/09/2019 at 15:12, hurlerontheditch said:

nearly 18 months on the market.. why would anyone hold such illiquid assets as an investment 

Any asset is iliquid if you are trying to sell it for more than the market will pay.

27% off initial ask - after 18 months.  It was on the market in 2012 for 850 - and LR reports no transfer of ownership since 1996. LR data also show that nothing on the street has sold for an index-adjusted price of more than 700.  Methinks this bargain will be around for some time before someone snaps it up. 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72718394.html

image.thumb.png.95bb66599beeed0bb6c08f6da8dcc1c0.png

29 minutes ago, bearishonhouses said:

27% off initial ask - after 18 months.  It was on the market in 2012 for 850 - and LR reports no transfer of ownership since 1996. LR data also show that nothing on the street has sold for an index-adjusted price of more than 700.  Methinks this bargain will be around for some time before someone snaps it up. 

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-72718394.html

image.thumb.png.95bb66599beeed0bb6c08f6da8dcc1c0.png

decent drop!!

7 minutes ago, Freki said:

this is what it looked like before they bought it

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=55853020&sale=89367204&country=england

not the time to be buying doing up and flipping

assuming this was a second property, the stamp duty would have been 36000, so between fees and stamp duty they would have paid around 621000 before any of the works,

i would imagine the works cost maybe 40k? so they need to sell for 660000 before any profit.. so all that effort which probably took 8 months for a messily 40k which they will not get as it will probably sell for 650000

Edited by hurlerontheditch

On 19/09/2019 at 03:20, Sausage said:

This was was bought for £340k last year. Lick of paint... Back on for £495k. Now slowly drifting back to original price. Don't think it's a listed building but the the thatched roof would put me off.

Now down to £400k ha ha ha. 

Here's an interesting one - paid £783k in 2017, listed at £750k in May, now £600k.

Perhaps still rather a lot for a 2 bedroom flat built on the site of an old sewage works next to some rather grim tower blocks ...

kempton-house.jpg

On 01/10/2019 at 13:28, Steppenpig said:

Just had to reinstall my system. "Property Log" doesn't seem to turn up when you search in the chrome store. Had to use a general google web search. Hope they're not trying to hide it from us.

I'm not tech savvy, but 'googled' and saved, spot on.

I prefer 'Zoopla' because of the price history, now have it on both.

Happy property addict (just one 2 & 1/2 bed semi), always check what's happening locally, neither selling or buying, just an interest, like HPC!

55 minutes ago, simon2 said:

This is funny:

https://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-74564000.html

On the market 2 years in July, and gone from £400k to £300k.

I really hope it doesn't sell. Just reeks of greed, a bathroom inserted into the kitchen, the lounge halved to make a bedroom, people should shun these places.

Flat next door/downstairs sold for £329k in Jan, so already an acknowledgement that prices are down circa 10% on Jan.