House Price Crash Forum

Examples of big & multiple drops

4 minutes ago, hurlerontheditch said:

Over 5 years “on the market “ part of that time was booming and still couldn’t sell. Therefore way overpriced then and even more so now

but they’re not giving them away

Not really, Chelsea reached peak in 2014. They got extra greedy, and now here they are

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

spoke to an EA in the Sauna the other day...who i had spoken to about a year back or so....seemed ok'ish for his ilk.....he seemed a little above their usual mind set...he spoke of either a committed sell er or not a committed seller. before....i reminded him of that...absolutely stll the case except...he's now adding to the mix of dialogue with sellers on his books or ones he is trying to get on...."danger of chasing the market down"....btw works the Hampton/Richmmond area.....and that's the posh expensive stuff

12 minutes ago, Spindler said:

spoke to an EA in the Sauna the other day...who i had spoken to about a year back or so....seemed ok'ish for his ilk.....he seemed a little above their usual mind set...he spoke of either a committed sell er or not a committed seller. before....i reminded him of that...absolutely stll the case except...he's now adding to the mix of dialogue with sellers on his books or ones he is trying to get on...."danger of chasing the market down"....btw works the Hampton/Richmmond area.....and that's the posh expensive stuff

what does he mean? they should price correctly as opposed to multiple drops?

5 hours ago, hurlerontheditch said:

what does he mean? they should price correctly as opposed to multiple drops?

From both conversations the feeling i got was ...yes it needs to be priced to sell in the market it is in at the time and no fantasy dreamland prices that will just mean multiple repricing down the line which we all know makes the house stale on the market and induces mistrust...buyers i feel are like women looking for validation in their choices...remember that quote from Julio Inglesias to get noticed by women be accompanied by a woman..even if it is a friend or sister....? whatever price adjustments due to lack of interest is a bad way to sell a house i have seen it a lot....curiously i have nevr ever done it....i have accepted lower offers i have never had to reprice...maybe due to the market i don;t know...but i am rather pragmatic and a seasoned B2B salesperson.....i have backed out of selling houses where i had accepted a price i was not comfortable with i have never asked for more money...I have had someone try and gazunder me...i pulled the house...they wasted thousands....anyway back to the EA chat...i can imagine him being firm with sellers....i.e. do you want to sell it for the best price or is it a case you will sell it for some fantasy price in your head.....i felt he wouldnt bother with the latter.....in my experience with chans and such the problem is a lot of vendors are often very ordinary folk...they might live in a big house because they were possible to buy as a warehouse worker...postman etc decades ago but they are like children in the house buying/selling game......as an example i was in a chain in 99....selling and buying...got full asking price for mine...little off the one buying...some chump further up the chain thrw his toys out of the pram when he had a date in his head(not fixed) about completion..had gone ahead and booked his removals compat..."if not happening on that day it aint happening"..my response after checki g with my solictor was who was not ready....fine let it go then.....what can i do...i cant make it happen so let him do what he wants...it actually happened..prob after wife slapped him in the head....but it always stuck in my mind and many other experiences these people dont really understand Jack about it as a business transaction....take "i've sold my house" have you exchanged ? No you havent sold it...you have an offer....until exchange you have nothing that cant evaporate with a call or a text in a heartbeat

7 hours ago, hurlerontheditch said:

this one was discussed previously.... wanting to make 1 million for living in their home for 20 years 

they have spent over a year of their lives still wanting to sell up., another drop. busy road, street parking

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/46114445?search_identifier=ba8ae7c8c9415492db453b15af6fd8fe

image.png.6b2d7f255be48cb4ea2264ce3cbf1428.png

PMSL - look at the ceiling in picture 4 - they haven't even bothered to paint it properly after a repair.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/10/2019 at 9:31 AM, Freki said:

May I ask your price band and location?

The price range I gave when I signed up for email alerts is often ignored, so I get all sorts.  I'm north of the river.  Received another "price alteration" notification on Monday, two yesterday and one received already today.  For the avoidance of doubt, the alterations are downwards in price.

1 hour ago, pizza said:

The price range I gave when I signed up for email alerts is often ignored, so I get all sorts.  I'm north of the river.  Received another "price alteration" notification on Monday, two yesterday and one received already today.  For the avoidance of doubt, the alterations are downwards in price.

which site do you get reductions on? must set one up

Buying off plan certainly didn't work out this time...

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/new-homes/details/47944391

£245,000 under the orginal contract price and still not sold

This one is almost certainly going to go under 2013 purchase price

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/48409183

23rd Feb 2019 £950,000 Price reduced by £40,000
9th Jul 2018 £990,000 Price reduced by £109,950
29th May 2018 £1,099,950 Price reduced by £50
29th May 2018 £1,100,000 First listed
27th Sep 2013 £950,000
49 minutes ago, Bankside said:

Buying off plan certainly didn't work out this time...

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/new-homes/details/47944391

£245,000 under the orginal contract price and still not sold

This one is almost certainly going to go under 2013 purchase price

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/48409183

23rd Feb 2019 £950,000 Price reduced by £40,000
9th Jul 2018 £990,000 Price reduced by £109,950
29th May 2018 £1,099,950 Price reduced by £50
29th May 2018 £1,100,000 First listed
27th Sep 2013 £950,000

And they're both leasehold too. Where do I sign...?