House Price Crash Forum
Sausage

Examples of big & multiple drops

I'm hoping the BTL rush for exit, rate rises and overstretched HTB buyers trying to sell up will finally pop the bubble. I'm starting to see large and multiple drops in price. Like this one:

Capture2.PNG.8eb33177002bcd977c588fc9754183a5.PNG

Not even 10%.

But I’m seeing loads on rightmove now too and am enjoying the “email agent” function particularly on the obvious DEBTjunkie liquidation hovels. My standard question at the moment is “does this little goldmine come with a tenant?” 

Im gauging scumbag EA desperation on how long an email trail I can construct with them

Edited by thewig

7 hours ago, ebull said:

30k off something 200k overpriced?

Odd definition of big.

What's the opposite of willy waving? 😁

I agree ..  but I see some listed for 2 years with one 5k drop. Then I see thus dropping 10k every month... Looks like a race to the bottom.

The photos are a but strange..

There's a bed in the living room (seller I'll?)

The kitchen appears to be a lean to.

There is a washing machine in the bedroom.

Can you spot the guitar? I bet it is not always placed there...

Three level 'town houses' are always a compromise....

2 hours ago, AndyFTB said:

£470k to £375k (over about a year!) and still not sold...

https://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/43173694?search_identifier=50abbb948aa725b1b23bfc5611088e91

(Norwich outskirts)

Very impressive price drop for the 'burbs of Norwich. Not that it had any business being that original price in the first place.

I think I have posted these converted shops before maybe on the East Anglia subforum:

Converted shops in Ber St. , Norwich (NR1)

31/07/2018 Price Changed: £335,000 £265,000
04/04/2018 Initial entry found.

🤣

Edited by MattW

1 hour ago, MattW said:

Very impressive price drop for the 'burbs of Norwich. Not that it had any business being that original price in the first place.

I think I have posted these converted shops before maybe on the East Anglia subforum:

🤣

You will like this one then...

690312489_ScreenShot2018-08-31at21_20_34.thumb.png.ea1cee8e4fce8807f87e507289f4debc.png

1 hour ago, MattW said:

🤣

I love those "town houses"

A floor for every room.

76m2

Utter crap

8 minutes ago, MattW said:

@Fromage Frais :D

The EA got the valuation on that Newmarket Rd property horribly wrong by the looks of things. Is that a new build? 

2011 £650,000

I guess not as that sounds about right for the time.

I would think its about 750/800 and going down at the moment if they want to sell.

Its large but not a beautiful period property

On 31/08/2018 at 21:28, Fromage Frais said:

A floor for every room.

76m2

Utter crap

Indeed! I have developed a simple quite reliable rule for knowing whether a property will be c**p, regardless of price, without opening the advert to see the deails....IF the few thumbnail pictures on display are limted to closeups of door handles, bathroom taps, wall decorations AND none of the actual rooms.....then the odds are it will indeed be c**p. 

EITHER because the interior is c**p and/or because the property is so small inside even an EA's wideangle lens will struggle to produce a worthwhile interior picture.

This rule hasn't failed me yet.

Edited by anonguest

I keep posting over the last several weeks on how much property is coming onto the market in my areas. Drove into the lovely little villahe of Litlington a few hours ago from the royston road, all nice various homes, there were 12 For Sale signs that one road 

1 hour ago, inbruges said:

I keep posting over the last several weeks on how much property is coming onto the market in my areas. Drove into the lovely little villahe of Litlington a few hours ago from the royston road, all nice various homes, there were 12 For Sale signs that one road 

Half the homes up for sale seem to be close to a proposed development of 22 homes.

http://plan.scambs.gov.uk/swiftlg/MediaTemp/1148250-724902.pdf

On 29/08/2018 at 20:39, Sausage said:

I agree ..  but I see some listed for 2 years with one 5k drop. Then I see thus dropping 10k every month... Looks like a race to the bottom.

Yes agree it might be an indication of a change in sentiment - very different from someone refusing to contemplate that they might have to drop the price then conceding a couple of grand 6 months in, as you say. This seller might be unusual as they appear to have a drop per month policy but still, good to see.

Edited by North London Rent Girl

On 31/08/2018 at 22:28, Fromage Frais said:

A floor for every room.

76m2

Utter crap

Ha.... They are like trains, long tall and thin, with wasted space of a staircase track going all the way up to the top...keep you fit. 😉

54 minutes ago, winkie said:

Ha.... They are like trains, long tall and thin, with wasted space of a staircase track going all the way up to the top...keep you fit. 😉

Think of all the extra space that can be had by dispensing with conventional staircases (as well as increased profit through reduced construction costs) by having a cool and funky firemans pole type arrangement instead?!  A true 'slide down' firemans pole running through holes in every floor, to go down - and a similar adjacent pole, but with cross bars acting as steps, to go up.

Any wagers as to how long before, in their never ending quest to maximise profits, a housebuilder goes ahead with such designs AND gets planning permission for it?!