House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
chronyx

E-mail from Lloyds

On the day the pound took a bit of a dip, my friends at Lloyds sent me a nice message:

Whether it's splitting bills with a flatmate or asking a relative for a loan, we all need to talk about money from time to time. A few tips can help you speak with confidence.

They follow with:

1. Do your homework

If you want to borrow money, for example, be clear on what you need and why.

2. Try to bring a solution to any problem

In the case of a loan, show you've thought about how and when you'll pay it back.

3. Choose your moment.

Plan ahead. Schedule time in your diary so you have plenty of time to talk through your options.

There's definitely a feeling in the air...

(If I haven't got the money for something, I don't buy it, so Lloyds advice is as useful as a chocolate ringfence)

They have a nerve giving advice - as do all the banks given that they were all totally dead in 2008. Largely as a result of their own bungling.

Edited by Errol

7 minutes ago, Errol said:

They have a nerve giving advice - as do all the banks given that they were all totally dead in 2008. Largely as a result of their own bungling.

If I thought it would be read by someone with any comprehension of the situation I'd reply back with something along the lines of "Why don't I just ask for a huge bailout at 0.5% interest?"