House Price Crash Forum

How long have people here on HPC been accusing the BBC of being nothing more than a Corporate/Bankster/Establishment mouthpiece?

Good to see the masses finally catching up, better late than never.

#BBCswitchoff   Currently no.1 trending

😊😊👍 .and I thought it was only me that resented paying the BBC tax. 

Unfortunately my wife insists on watching Eastenders so it’ll never happen in my household. The most I’ve watched on itv/bbc in the last 2 years was the World Cup.

3 hours ago, nome said:

How long have people here on HPC been accusing the BBC of being nothing more than a Corporate/Bankster/Establishment mouthpiece?

Good to see the masses finally catching up, better late than never.

#BBCswitchoff   Currently no.1 trending

Bit to tin foil hatted.

BBC is stuffed to the brim of a bunch of useless, middleclass jounros.

Overpaid, over pensions and under worked.

There's a bit wakeup call coming for them.

Interesting they actually allowed comments in this article about streaming services earlier in the week, perhaps the comments are moderated?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-45096610

16 minutes ago, longgone said:

DkLafHzW0AACFd1.jpg

seriously though does anyone believe anything they watch on the telly bbc or not ??

Two words, neither of them English. Naga Munchetty. Can you imagine how bad the other candidates on that all-women shortlist must have been for old Nags to get the gig?

5 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Two words, neither of them English. Naga Munchetty. Can you imagine how bad the other candidates on that all-women shortlist must have been for old Nags to get the gig?

bit racist mate !

Most of what I watch is on the BBC so don't really resent the fee that much.

I even find the news to be better than RT - I know, I should be sent for re-education.

Its what they dont report that is the problem.....how do you 'watch' that?  Comforting lies or the inconvenient truth.....there are no conspiracy theories, just early age indoctrination lol.....work that one out

30 minutes ago, Maximus Skepticus said:

Its what they dont report that is the problem.....how do you 'watch' that?  Comforting lies or the inconvenient truth.....there are no conspiracy theories, just early age indoctrination lol.....work that one out

It is not only what they don't report, what they fail to say, but also how they report, the words they use and they way they often put a slant on the reporting to nudge a particular way of thinking.......I like the BBC but take it for what it is, would not like to see it go because can use it as a guide when forming an honest, transparent and open view of balanced reporting against other national and international broadcasters and journalists......one piece of news can be made to say many things depends who is doing the talking.;)

I once met a guy at a party that worked at the BBC.  He was an arrogant wee ***** who started off my making sure everyone knew where he worked and later on attempted to snog my girlfriend  (thinking of course that anything was possible when you work for the beeb).

He got a few strong words from me and then made his excuses and left.  His jib left a lasting impression though as he really did have a genuine superiority complex which seemed to stem from his job (mentioned it many times in conversation).

I stopped paying my license years ago; all legal and above board when you don't watch live tv. 

‘Sick of media lies’: Thousands protest state broadcaster bias in #BBCswitchoff

A viral campaign calling out the BBC for alleged media bias and a lack of impartiality whipped up a huge Twitterstorm as citizens recounted examples of the state broadcaster’s prejudice under the hashtag #BBCswitchoff.

The campaign, organised to highlight the publicly funded broadcaster’s perceived bias against Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn, began at 6pm to coincide with the TV station’s news program.

https://www.rt.com/uk/435627-bbc-bias-switchoff-twitter/

2 hours ago, winkie said:

It is not only what they don't report, what they fail to say, but also how they report, the words they use and they way they often put a slant on the reporting to nudge a particular way of thinking.......I like the BBC but take it for what it is, would not like to see it go because can use it as a guide when forming an honest, transparent and open view of balanced reporting against other national and international broadcasters and journalists......one piece of news can be made to say many things depends who is doing the talking.;)

You mean like this one....😅

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45098550

1 hour ago, Maximus Skepticus said:

You mean like this one....😅

Yep, strange that......I have to say the poor quality of the journalism/reporting and the mixed messages obscuring fact from fiction the weeks preceding the EU referendum was absolutely abysmal......;)

The left claim bias and the right claim bias.  I think the point is that the BBC is very powerful in creating / changing the national culture and terms of reference for debate.  You can see this at work all the time.

I don't have a TV and found that I don't miss it at all and don't understand how folk find time to watch TV...many people waste half their free time being passive and compliant...they could be doing any number of more fruitful and rewarding things.

4 hours ago, steaky said:

I once met a guy at a party that worked at the BBC.  He was an arrogant wee ***** who started off my making sure everyone knew where he worked and later on attempted to snog my girlfriend  (thinking of course that anything was possible when you work for the beeb).

He got a few strong words from me and then made his excuses and left.  His jib left a lasting impression though as he really did have a genuine superiority complex which seemed to stem from his job (mentioned it many times in conversation).

I stopped paying my license years ago; all legal and above board when you don't watch live tv. 

Were you (and your girlfriend) in kindergarten at the time by any chance?

Edited by thewig

I have found myself watching some the comedians I love from the old comedy store circuit of old and turning the TV off because I get so angry at them following the BBC mantra. Everyone of them hates Trump, has no issues with any creed or culture, all their beliefs and opinions seem to be 100% identical, Rowan Atkinson  seems to be a one off, but only a little bit.

I still manage to get down to the comedy in London a few times a year, you will get comedians ripping to shreds people like Boris for making letterbox jokes and how is the lowest racist scum in the UK, and yet none of them will go anywhere near Islam

7 minutes ago, inbruges said:

I still manage to get down to the comedy in London a few times a year, you will get comedians ripping to shreds people like Boris for making letterbox jokes and how is the lowest racist scum in the UK, and yet none of them will go anywhere near Islam

A good measure of what the BBC is all about is happening right now. Yet again this morning they are going with the Boris story with JRM getting in one the act, could this be the killing of two birds with one stone.

But that is not the point I was going to make, you can make comments on their website from should we smack out children to should we bring back free school diners. But they will not dare let the BBC licence payer have their say on the Boris letterbox story, they know that it will go one way and be flooded.