House Price Crash Forum

Boris Burkagate Under Investigation By Tories

HOLA441

https://news.sky.com/story/conservative-party-launches-investigation-into-boris-johnsons-comments-on-burkas-11466854

Conservatives launch investigation into Boris Johnson's comments on burkas

The former foreign secretary faces a probe that could see him expelled, as a source close to him says "the world had gone mad".

Boris will really enjoy throwing multiple spanners in the works now. 

Will May return after the summer break?

Edited by Social Justice League
typo

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Looks like we're at peak PC in the world right now. People are feeling the need/desire to fight back against the Cultural Marxism infesting society. #walkaway is indicative of this. More people are less scared to air their grievances on the encroaching threat of islam, and no amount of Klantifa intimidation will stop that.

For the record, Boris is an opportunistic dick, but that is the key - he's riding the wave of national feeling as ever... the worm and has turned. May is looking more and more like a paid up member of the EU and Saudi boot licking club and has reached peak irrelevance. 

HOLA443
6 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

Looks like we're at peak PC in the world right now. People are feeling the need/desire to fight back against the Cultural Marxism infesting society. #walkaway is indicative of this. More people are less scared to air their grievances on the encroaching threat of islam, and no amount of Klantifa intimidation will stop that. 

Boris knows all of this. This was no Gaff. He was being ignored an in danger of becoming irrelevant (in his mind). This could be the point where the big split occurs and the right wing Tories break off to form a new Brexit party (with a little help from UKIP), with the rest of them (Remainers) welcoming the Blairites from Labour, leaving Labour under the full influence of the left.

If this were to happen the proportional representation system we enjoy here could throw up some real surprises.

HOLA444
5 minutes ago, Roman Roady said:

Boris knows all of this. This was no Gaff. He was being ignored an in danger of becoming irrelevant (in his mind). This could be the point where the big split occurs and the right wing Tories break off to form a new Brexit party (with a little help from UKIP), with the rest of them (Remainers) welcoming the Blairites from Labour, leaving Labour under the full influence of the left.

If this were to happen the proportional representation system we enjoy here could throw up some real surprises.

I agree - he's playing to the Right wing of the party.  May would have been better advised to say "I  can't be bothered to comment on every occasion that Boris demonstrates he's unfit to be Prime Minister" and leave it at that.

Fanning the flames with an investigation plays into Boris's hands.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
54 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

I don't see why there is so much defence of the burka. It has nothing to do with Islam. It's just a way to control women, so surely the PC case should be with Johnson, though they may have expressed themselves differently.

I'm generally quite liberal, so I'm sympathetic to allowing people to harm themselves as long as they don't harm others. As we already have restrictions on drugs etc. it's mad that we allow women to be coerced to dress this way. Additionally they can harm others and it's perfectly reasonable for their to be dress codes in various places.

HOLA448

I don't even like Johnson, and yet nothing he said was even remotely controversial or offensive. It was more like a statement of truth or observation.

This screaming nonsense is just an example of the SJW/Lefty nonsense that is consuming society.

HOLA449
17 minutes ago, Kosmin said:

I don't see why there is so much defence of the burka. It has nothing to do with Islam. It's just a way to control women, so surely the PC case should be with Johnson, though they may have expressed themselves differently.

I'm generally quite liberal, so I'm sympathetic to allowing people to harm themselves as long as they don't harm others. As we already have restrictions on drugs etc. it's mad that we allow women to be coerced to dress this way. Additionally they can harm others and it's perfectly reasonable for their to be dress codes in various places.

Actually there are several Quranic passages (33:59), (24:31) and (33:55), and numerous Hadith that explicitly command devout women to cover up. 

HOLA4410
9 minutes ago, Errol said:

I don't even like Johnson, and yet nothing he said was even remotely controversial or offensive. It was more like a statement of truth or observation.

This screaming nonsense is just an example of the SJW/Lefty nonsense that is consuming society.

You're right it wasn't controversial, but I think the left/SJW position should be to ban the burka. The extreme laissez-faire/libertarian/right-wing position would be to say women are allowed to wear what they want if they don't infringe anyone's rights. The left position would be that women should not have this right as it will surely only facilitate their coercion by their husbands and fathers. I'm sympathetic to both - you don't have to be very left-wing/illiberal to think banning the burka is more reasonable than allowing it.

HOLA4411
13 minutes ago, Errol said:

Yep. Anything anyone dresses up in should be open to ridicule and mockery, no exceptions for any reason (and that includes Muslims being sneering towards Western women if they want). And anyone should be able to wear whatever they like, including burqas. That there's any controversy says a lot more about the people getting annoyed, although it's entirely likely Johnson was deliberately poking them.

HOLA4412
3 minutes ago, newbonic said:

Actually there are several Quranic passages (33:59), (24:31) and (33:55), and numerous Hadith that explicitly command devout women to cover up. 

I'll admit I'm ignorant about Islam, but I've heard a lot of people saying it had nothing to do with Islam. Perhaps the statements explicitly demand they cover up, but aren't explicit about how. There are varieties of modesty: long skirts and arms covered, all but face covered, all but eyes covered.

I would argue it's beside the point. The Mormons used to explicitly command men to have more than one wife. The US government had no qualms about punishing them. Similarly we don't care about religious freedoms when it comes to punishing people for FGM and "beating the evil" out of people or whatever the f witchdoctors do.

HOLA4413
2 hours ago, Maynardgravy said:

Check out Jordan Peterson on YouTube.

He is vigorously and successfully pushing back against the current postmodern PC tyranny in academia.

HOLA4414
21 minutes ago, newbonic said:

They do not specify full body covering inc eyes though and are vague.  Modesty can be agreed but how that take shape is up for debate.  

In Mecca you do not cover you face either or hands whilst on pilgrimage.

I remember when Tunis and looking at the old paintings and photos....where are the niqabs and burkas?  I was told they came in around the 1980s onwards with the back tight face black face veils coming from a bit earlier Iranian revolution.

The reason.....Satellite Tv from the gulf.  

The same for Egypt and even Afghanistan it's quite amazing.  Even the traditional full coverings usurped for the uniform ones we see today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fswb4a9jcU

Boris has played a clever one here its obvious he has done nothing wrong legally and May is going to paint herself as a virtue signalling non conservative who does not support free speech.

Exiled Canadian was dead right in what she should have done.

If they pull the trigger on him in some form of disciplinary he will then be the victim a martyr made over the issue of Burqas?  

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2016/08/31/majority-public-backs-burka-ban/

HOLA4415

This has hardly got anything to due with being PC. Do you think the media or the Tories care if women in niqabs (not the same as burkas) were offended? On the day he said it there was hardly any noise made in the media. It was only after his own party decided to use it against him did the media start making a fuss.

1, This is the PM's opportunity to attack Boris.

2, It's means to stop the Labour party getting their own back about the antisemitism witch hunt on Corbyn.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Just out of interest anyone, would it be classed as Islamophobia to openly suggest that you despise and hate everything to do with the muslim religion Islam?

That's not a personal statement from me, just interested.

Edited by Guest

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
2 minutes ago, inbruges said:

Just out of interest anyone, would it be classed as Islamophobia to openly suggest that you despise and hate everything to do with the muslim religion Islam?

A phobia is an irrational fear. Nothing irrational about fearing the effects of mind-poison. I consider them like the Borg Collective in Star Trek - joyless, unthinking, dull, uninventive drones just living to breed and make 'assimilate' but not to assimilate.

HOLA4422
7 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

A phobia is an irrational fear. Nothing irrational about fearing the effects of mind-poison. I consider them like the Borg Collective in Star Trek - joyless, unthinking, dull, uninventive drones just living to breed and make 'assimilate' but not to assimilate.

But into todays Britain is  publicly stating you hate that religion unlawful?

As a fallen catholic myself who was openly critical  to anyone that listened or was even interested I slated  catholicism and had no fear of doing so, cannot say I feel the same way about Islam which I find worse, to risky.

HOLA4423
42 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

Shhhhh.... You'll wake the Peter bot up.

Hahahaha.

Go to hell Ruskies.

46 minutes ago, inbruges said:

Probably not. Its the obsession and projection of all the world evils that is wrong.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
6 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

Hahahaha.

Go to hell Ruskies.

Probably not. Its the obsession and projection of all the world evils that is wrong.

It was slated for being immoral and the first step towards a dark and evil road, turned out Life of Brian was the biggest positive step forward in decades in this country and started a series of cleansing that had been hidden away in so call respectable Britain that is still unearthing he so called "elite and good" today.