House Price Crash Forum

Torygraph - New Conservative Economic mission - Lower House Prices

nome

HOLA441
4 hours ago, nome said:

Well I know of someone on higher rate PIP for ''social anxiety'' and ''depression''... who's had 4 lads holidays already this year in Magaluf or Ibiza.

I imagine a fair chunk of their benefits aren't getting ploughed back in to the British economy.

And tax credit top ups ending up in Poland and Romania. 

It's ok though because reasons and economy.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
19 hours ago, maverick73 said:

95% of all benefits received, is ploughed back into the British economy. I have zero interest in who receives what benefit.

Do you have a source for this? I often state to people that they should be more concerned with landlord screwing over renters and banks inflating House prices as having a negative effect on the economy than people having benefits. It would be nice to have something quantitive. 

HOLA446
HOLA447
21 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

Benefits have no other argument for them other than that they are for those who need and deserve them. Part of a social contract determined by the kind of society we want to live in, in which those who falls on hard times / lose their job have a safety net.

Justifying them as some kind of economic power source is stretching it.

Not really, once benefits are received, they are spent on items deemed as required to survive, hence the flow of money incurs, that the money is returned into the economy.

HOLA448
15 hours ago, nome said:

Well I know of someone on higher rate PIP for ''social anxiety'' and ''depression''... who's had 4 lads holidays already this year in Magaluf or Ibiza.

I imagine a fair chunk of their benefits aren't getting ploughed back in to the British economy.

If so, either report it or accept it.

HOLA449
Just now, maverick73 said:

Nope. If your short on dosh, get a job ?

Got one, but after my involuntary 'economy contribution' (Or as some call it, tax), there's not as much left my voluntary 'economy contribution''. :(:(

Not really, once benefits are received, they are spent on items deemed as required to survive, hence the flow of money incurs, that the money is returned into the economy.

I have a hunch this is subject to the same evaluation as the nonsense that is 'trickle down economics'

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
1 minute ago, chronyx said:

Got one, but after my involuntary 'economy contribution' (Or as some call it, tax), there's not as much left my voluntary 'economy contribution''. :(:(

I have a hunch this is subject to the same evaluation as the nonsense that is 'trickle down economics'

Get a second job then. Migrants work more than one job, what stops you?

HOLA4412
1 minute ago, maverick73 said:

Get a second job then. Migrants work more than one job, what stops you?

Sleeping, eating, and other frivolities. 

No 16 hour weeks for this native single white-tee.

Edited by chronyx

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
51 minutes ago, maverick73 said:

I'm not arguing that they are returned into the economy or that they are needed (which they are). It's just an economic principal in that I am saying they are not an economic catalyst.

Money (is supposed to) represent value of labor or goods. When a person gets or gives it for free (whether entitled or not) this representation is reduced.

HOLA4416
On 05/08/2018 at 20:07, GeneCernan said:

As ever, a political party looking at what it needs to do to get re-elected. It's all they ever do, it's all they have ever done.

Watch prices skyrocket if anyone is so incredibly stupid as to vote these morons in for another five years.

I'm not saying for one moment that Brother Corbyn would be a better choice though, both parties are utterly woeful and British politics is crying out for a new party with a vision.

Agree 100%.  Both are utter crap. Corbyn hasn't got a CLUE.  Total idiot.

HOLA4417
12 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

I'm not arguing that they are returned into the economy or that they are needed (which they are). It's just an economic principal in that I am saying they are not an economic catalyst.

Money (is supposed to) represent value of labor or goods. When a person gets or gives it for free (whether entitled or not) this representation is reduced.

Totally agree, so the same can be said for rent and dividend collection, or massive wages that some have that doesn't represent value for the rest.....or you could even put active tax avoidance into that category......goes on everywhere, therefore we should look at economic ethical principals in all people all places.....?