House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce Banner

Endoscope - Brilliant tool.

Last week I bought an endoscope that works with my android phone and PC.

I needed to drill a 65mm hole through from the living room to the outside to fit a "split" air conditioner and the endoscope allowed me to see if there were any pipes or wires routed through the cavity. Drill a 6mm hole through the plasterboard, insert endoscope and you can see what's there, and all for less than a tenner on Ebay.

I've used it for a couple of other jobs too, for example, you can see where the £ coin that rolled under the fridge is.

It really is a tool that you wonder how you ever managed without it.

Which one did you go for? I looked at them a while ago for car maintenance etc,   I read some mixed reviews on picture quality, then never narrowed down the best one to go for.

7 hours ago, Andy T said:

Which one did you go for? I looked at them a while ago for car maintenance etc,   I read some mixed reviews on picture quality, then never narrowed down the best one to go for.

considering investing in one of these too....I think I've got a bit of a leak on a heating/water pipe,and really can't be @rsed to rip up tonnes of floorboards.

9 hours ago, Bradbury Robinson said:

It's an interesting question, are your insides technically nude?

I'll show you what I had for dinner last night....live....on facebook:wacko:

20 hours ago, Andy T said:

I bought this one, the 5mm version.........  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Endoscope-Android-Mobile-Phone-Snake-Camera-Waterproof-Inspection-Borescope/132559253615?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=431906783856&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Picture quality is sufficient for my needs, not perfect, but much better than nothing.

You can buy them cheaper from China but I wanted quick delivery.

On 04/08/2018 at 09:48, Bruce Banner said:

Last week I bought an endoscope that works with my android phone and PC.

I needed to drill a 65mm hole through from the living room to the outside to fit a "split" air conditioner and the endoscope allowed me to see if there were any pipes or wires routed through the cavity. Drill a 6mm hole through the plasterboard, insert endoscope and you can see what's there, and all for less than a tenner on Ebay.

I've used it for a couple of other jobs too, for example, you can see where the £ coin that rolled under the fridge is.

It really is a tool that you wonder how you ever managed without it.

I might buy one for my kids to play spies with and find Lego under the sofa!

I had an endoscopy procedure in hospital last year, amazing to see the lower bowels! The mars bar that you ate at 15 being stick in your colon is a myth!

On ‎08‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 09:34, Bruce Banner said:

I bought this one, the 5mm version.........  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/USB-Endoscope-Android-Mobile-Phone-Snake-Camera-Waterproof-Inspection-Borescope/132559253615?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=431906783856&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Picture quality is sufficient for my needs, not perfect, but much better than nothing.

You can buy them cheaper from China but I wanted quick delivery.

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

My car has an engine that apparently has plastic  timing chain tensioners that fall to bits and pieces and get lodged in the oil pickup/strainer, causing oil pressure issues, so I'll be sticking it in via the oil drain hole, to see if I can see anything. Beats taking the subframe off to remove the sump!

As you say it will also come in handy around the house for wiring/pipework issues.

I had an ear test today, best results they'd seen all week apparently. They also stuck an endoscope in my earhole to have a look. It felt a bit strange to see on the 42" screen.

On 10/08/2018 at 10:16, Hectors House said:

I had an endoscopy procedure in hospital last year, amazing to see the lower bowels! The mars bar that you ate at 15 being stick in your colon is a myth!

Don’t know why, but it reminded me of this very old (well before I was born) and well and truly debunked urban myth concerning a Knight of Realm:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/a-mars-bar-fills-that-gap/