House Price Crash Forum

You Had Your Chance & You Failed To Act Again!

HOLA441

All I see over the last few days of posting is tears swelling up, hysteria at a 1.4% monthly rise.

Are you suprised? The best chance to pick up a bargain was back when things were a lot less certain, Dec 2004 was it, the 6 months after that were also a very good time to squeeze a seller, but once the Aug 2005 rate cut started being predicted, things started to firm up & your chance started to evaporate.

That rate cut has made the pent up demand come forward, it might even be waining now, but there are other rate cuts in the pipeline to bring forward the next group. As I posted a long time ago, in a loosening environment, the rate cuts are necessary & not just the chance of them. It a tightening environment, the potential rises are enough to spook people.

You have nothing to look forward to now, with the cutting cycle being drawn out, the tightening cylce will take a lot longer to arrive, therefore low rates for a very long time. Don't believe me? I didn't think you would, it wouldn't support your pre-conceived ideas of 3.5 times income & whatever.....

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

You have nothing to look forward to now, with the cutting cycle being drawn out, the tightening cylce will take a lot longer to arrive, therefore low rates for a very long time. Don't believe me? I didn't think you would, it wouldn't support your pre-conceived ideas of 3.5 times income & whatever.....

Oh come on not even you can believe this! There is no rush to buy a house - I am not the most radical bear and am aware that the market has picked up a liitle and good houses in good areas are selling - however there is no rush and there are plenty of properties out there. By March there will be even more. I have never seen a more precarious global economic climate in my life.

Jobs are uncertain as are interest rates. Form an orderly queue ladies and gentlemen to tie that millstone around your neck.

HOLA443

Don't rise to TTRTR's nonsense.

A genuine business person making huge amounts of money, and confident about their financial future, would have better things to do than post several thousand messages on here.

HOLA444

I'm waiting to see what effect HIPs (Home information packs) may have.

I can't see that there is any rush to buy in the current market.

Even if HIPs don't have any effect, I can't see HPI in the south rising much above so called inflation in the next year, so I'm definitely no worse off. :P

HOLA445

All I see over the last few days of posting is tears swelling up, hysteria at a 1.4% monthly rise.

Are you suprised? The best chance to pick up a bargain was back when things were a lot less certain, Dec 2004 was it, the 6 months after that were also a very good time to squeeze a seller, but once the Aug 2005 rate cut started being predicted, things started to firm up & your chance started to evaporate.

That rate cut has made the pent up demand come forward, it might even be waining now, but there are other rate cuts in the pipeline to bring forward the next group. As I posted a long time ago, in a loosening environment, the rate cuts are necessary & not just the chance of them. It a tightening environment, the potential rises are enough to spook people.

http://www.hometrack.co.uk/index.cfm?HTAction=home.home

Up 0.1% in December would appear to be more bearish than bullish. The 1.4% "rise" suggested by a building society that makes money by selling houses and lending money reflects asking prices as opposed to prices for which houses actually sold. Sellers may be asking higher prices thinking that the market is recovering which is only natural as the VIs have been very busy suggesting that house prices can only go up. With the Fed continuing to raise IR the consensus in the UK is that rates cannot fall anytime soon and Mr. Unemployment has been quite busy recently reducing the ability of many to continue paying their mortgages. With the debt mouttain surpassing 1 Trillion and bankruptcy/repossession rates accelerating the prospects for higher house prices and more debt do not look good.

Edited by Realistbear

HOLA446

I see it the other way round.

You had your chance to sell your investment properties. But you didn't.

You are now in for the long haul - an economy based on ever-increasing debt has never worked in the past and won't work now.

Unemployment is rising.

We now have parity with US base rates (that does not happen often and the pressure for us to move above them will soon assert itself).

Our manufacturing base is being relentlessly destroyed.

Our service based economy is being progressively undermined by overseas competition.

I try hard to see good things coming but experience teaches me we are in for a long, long recession and possibly a slump as bad as the 1930s.

You'll see powerful trades unions again before this finishes and house prices half what they are now.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

OK TTRTR, if these fugures are to be trusted(which i do not), then this ONE month worked in your favour. Anyone buying today has THREE HUNDRED more months to go before they had crossed the minefield, i will stay on the safe side of the fence for now untill the idiots have blown themselves to bits thank you very much

Sam

HOLA4410

OK TTRTR, if these fugures are to be trusted(which i do not), then this ONE month worked in your favour. Anyone buying today has THREE HUNDRED more months to go before they had crossed the minefield, i will stay on the safe side of the fence for now untill the idiots have blown themselves to bits thank you very much

Sam

Every month spent renting is an extra month to add to your 300. Not really sure what you're trying to say though, you sound confused.....

HOLA4411

Kiddies I made 200k to 300k in HPI returns in 2005. That is trumps for this forum. You would have been a lot better off if you'd opened your minds and listened to me.

I've been here for 20 months now, you certainly had a chance to learn from my experience.

Check my sig, old boy. Even the VIs at HBOS confirm that your Wandsworth properties LOST 3% in 2005.

HOLA4412

Yeah, what's that work out at? £112,500 or so?

Plus the hassle of being a landlord?

The gormless little kiwi fruit troll knows the game's up, and is pointlessly whistling in the dark YET AGAIN. >yawn<

What he is saying in this thread is that 'Prices never go down', which is about as stupid as it is possible to get. Hint for TTRTR, there is no such thing as free money

just out of interest, o parasitical troll, how did you finance your losses last year? debt?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Kiddies I made 200k to 300k in HPI returns in 2005. That is trumps for this forum. You would have been a lot better off if you'd opened your minds and listened to me.

I've been here for 20 months now, you certainly had a chance to learn from my experience.

Paper profits? You only realise gains when you SELL. Time to sell was in mid 2005 before the downturn began. The bulk of my STR funds have been earning over 4% (and rising as IR rise) and that cash is in my hands and not on paper.

HOLA4415

Check my sig, old boy. Even the VIs at HBOS confirm that your Wandsworth properties LOST 3% in 2005.

Check this link buddy:

http://www.upmystreet.com/property/prices/...ced/l/sw11.html

Despite your attempt to use HBOS figures for flats, my properties have done very nicely. If you've been listening to me, you know what type of properties I have.

Look back to early 2004 when I joined the forum. Look back to 1 year ago, see the difference to now. Calculate that on 8 properties.

I can't wait for the next stats for this graph which are due soon. I've been watching a rising market these last few months & know that again I am right.

HOLA4416

give it up Bubb, you are wasting your time.

TTRTR lost a TON of money last year, and despite failed desperate attempts to prop up his leaky 'empire' with cashflow, he must still pretend everything is all right. If he didn't, he'd probably break down and cry like the egomaniacal little baby he is.

It must be hard to be convinced you won the lottery (ooh look! I have 2 million equity!!) and then to realise that...

you have forgotten where the ticket is

HOLA4417

Check this link buddy:

http://www.upmystreet.com/property/prices/...ced/l/sw11.html

Despite your attempt to use HBOS figures for flats, my properties have done very nicely. If you've been listening to me, you know what type of properties I have.

Look back to early 2004 when I joined the forum. Look back to 1 year ago, see the difference to now. Calculate that on 8 properties.

I can't wait for the next stats for this graph which are due soon. I've been watching a rising market these last few months & know that again I am right.

You can only know for sure when you sell. The value is a matter of opinion after all, whereas debt is real.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Disregard the snake oil salesman there are no once in a lifetime opportunities.

The housing market is like taking a journey on the circle line if this train is too crowded and your not going to get a seat just wait for the next one.

:lol::lol:

Nice twist which leads me onto another point. Even if you only pay the inflationary increase, you missed out on yesterday's price. At the levels we're talking about for the price of property, that is a lot of extra moolies you'll have to borrow and pay back.

HOLA4421

If TTRTR was such a good business person he would not be spending so much time on internet forums. Please put your hand up if the chairman of ICI is here.....

No...how about Tesco....BT, BP......no....

How about Mikes exhausts......no....

Thought not. They are too busy earning money and running companies.

There's those that talk about it and those that do it

I would say that TTRTR is chairman of the Trolls...he's here because it is his job

Edited by eurows

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

If TTRTR was such a good business person he would not be spending so much time on internet forums. Please put your hand up if the chairman of ICI is here.....

No...how about Tesco....BT, BP......no....

How about Mikes exhausts......no....

Thought not. They are too busy earning money and running companies.

There's those that talk about it and those that do it

I would say that TTRTR is chairman of the Trolls...he's here because it is his job

Perhaps he figured out that working for himself is the way to go. Just because a person is the chairman of a FTSE100 company doesn't mean they are any good at it!

HOLA4424
Perhaps he figured out that working for himself is the way to go. Just because a person is the chairman of a FTSE100 company doesn't mean they are any good at it!

I never said they were good at their job.

Posting on here is akin to playing on your playstation all day. A good (or bad) business person would not do it.

Edited by eurows

HOLA4425

TTRTR had a good idea when the market was rising. His error was holding too long. If he can withstand the coming dowturn in property values and continue to pay the rent, er mortgage, on his properties until about the middle of the next upturn he should be able to recover. If he has current negative cash flow on the properties where his mortgage is larger than his rents the effects of negative equity may prove to be fatal if the crash is a long one and the recovery is slow in returning.

My reading of the US markets is that a majority of the investors started to get out of property in early 2005. With SIPPs gone I suspect most UK investors got caught short. If the properties you buy are not your home and just an investment it is wise to buy low and sell high--"sell" being the operative word here.