Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Houdini

The attack on holiday homes has begun

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Houdini said:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/holiday-homes-dodge-80m-council-tax-g39kv0xq7

This time the attack is on using business rates (with small business rates relief allowing them to reduce it down to zero) rather than paying council tax..

At fuxxing last!!

Is a lot more than 80m. FHL are businesses and should ve paying rates - 3x more than ctax.

Whitby postcodes have ~1200 FHL alone - i grepped the uk rates register recently.

Chuck in Dales, Lakes, Sw, Norfolk, and the number is massive. 

And damage is massive. Public services are resourced by ft residents.

And ask any poor sod who lives next to a holiday let - think student house but worse.

There is something comung. These stories have bern leaking out regular over last 12 months.

Maybe a FHL ctax of 2x ctax?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Air BnB is the bog one imo. Go after then for back taxes and you are talking tens of billions potentially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 16:19, ccc said:

Air BnB is the bog one imo. Go after then for back taxes and you are talking tens of billions potentially.

Air BnB already pass on full details of income received to the HMRC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Air BnB already pass on full details of income received to the HMRC.

When you say full details do you mean actual names and addresses of all those doing it ? 

I can't see how as why don't they go after them ? Easiest targets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ccc said:

When you say full details do you mean actual names and addresses of all those doing it ? 

I can't see how as why don't they go after them ? Easiest targets.

Yes, some people have stopped using it for that reason. 

At the moment it probably isn't a priority for HMRC but they have plenty of time to go after it. In the meantime, as with the BTLers, the amount they can claim back is growing month by month.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Yes, some people have stopped using it for that reason. 

At the moment it probably isn't a priority for HMRC but they have plenty of time to go after it. In the meantime, as with the BTLers, the amount they can claim back is growing month by month.   

It's going to be carnage when they go for it. Billions must literally be sitting there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 152 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.