House Price Crash Forum

More Help... to keep prices propped up.

nome

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Unbelievable! But no surprise at the length they will go to just to keep those house prices overvalues. Yet another method to make young people debt slaves, just to keep those house prices overvalued.

I suspect many who have students loans will not be so keen to go for this one. eg see this comment below the article...

I've already got £50,000+ debt from government loans for my degree, over £10,000 of which is related to the 4-6% odd interest they've put on it (and counting). I'm not sure I'm willing or trust the government with any further loans.

Anyone know anything about the HFI? eg do they have any obvious self interest?

HOLA445
HOLA446

The actions being considered only makes it more likely that money is becoming devalued......but that doesn't mean everything else will not also lose value.....M1 M2 M3 M4 land and buildings, stocks and shares....the road we are going down?....Reset??

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

“The 15-year experiment of expanding the private rented sector on a huge scale has failed. It has left too many people facing exorbitant rents for poor-quality homes, with severe detrimental effects on their living standards and future opportunities. The evidence is compelling. It is time for a rethink.

Got that bit right.?

As with the current system of student loans, the HFI suggests the loans could be repaid as a proportion of salary once the recipient has reached a certain income threshold.

Alternatively the money could be repaid under a simple repayment arrangement, although at a low interest rate and over a long term. The loans would be written off after 40 years or at state retirement age, whichever comes first.

Yeah now that's a very good idea.... phyc! hahaha? 4phucksake.

HOLA4413

Great. Load more debt into a problem about high debt.

People coming up with these ideas are serving their own self interests, and I’m fed up how they are able to get away with it. That includes politician landlords with an obvious vested interest. They are not serving the need of the public openly and honestly, instead greedily looking after themselves and their donors. How can this continue to go unchecked?

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Si1 said:

Interestingly Natalie Elphicke is both a named executive of both the housing finance institute, and the student loans company. There's an interesting connection.

And is married to suspended Tory MP Charlie Elphicke who lists himself as a London landlord on the Register of Members' interests.

Still, I'm sure they all just want what's best for the nation's young.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

HFI our team http://www.thehfi.com/home/our-team

Including

James Thomson:

James is the Executive Chairman of Keepmoat Homes, a national market leader in sustainable community regeneration, social and affordable housing, and planned and responsive repairs to the UK housing industry including local authorities and housing associations. He was formerly Group Finance Director and Chief Operating Officer of DTZ. He also worked previously at Smiths Group plc, Deutsche Bank and HSBC Investment Bank and trained as a chartered accountant with Price Waterhouse. He is a Common Councilman in the City of London, elected in 2013, and sits on the Planning & Transport, Port Health and Police Committees

Barabara Spicer

Barbara Spicer is Chief Executive of Plus Dane Housing- a housing association based in Merseyside and Cheshire which owns and manages more than 18,000 homes.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

That is our job to help keep prices up.....the common people are all worth an important vote, tell them what they want to hear to get their vote.....fair enough, but their main purpose apart from that is to work, borrow, pay taxes, spend via consumption growth.....we have a very worthwhile job to do.....?

HOLA4419
1 hour ago, rantnrave said:

Am so incensed by this, I am thinking of emailing her directly: natalie@thehpi.com according to her public LinkedIn profile.

Some people say "speak truth to power." Others say there's no point, as the powerful already know what they're doing. I'm not sure about the powerful, but it's definitely worth making sure everyone else knows about these terrible policies (the ones that have been implemented and the ones which are being proposed) and who wants them. The more people know, the more chance there is of getting sensible policies.

It's great that there's so much criticism of bad policy on this forum and in the comments below articles like this one.

6 hours ago, dpg50000 said:

At least the comments are almost universally panning this latest stupid idea.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

A policy suggestion that sums up our political time. You have a problem that could be solved by using state money to build decent, affordable homes to rent, or allowing market forces do their job and allow house prices to fall to levels that match incomes. However, upsetting the status quo is not only unacceptable but unimaginable, so you get policies like this. 

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
1 hour ago, nothernsoul said:

However, upsetting the status quo is not only unacceptable but unimaginable, so you get policies like this. 

Absolutely. There doesn't seem to be any hint of the govt adopting this as policy. But we'll see.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425