House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arpeggio

BBC and DCMS Committee push Fake News about Vote Leave Facebook Adverts

2 hours ago, slawek said:

What about Leave campaign running ads a day after Joe Cox killing despite an agreement by all sides to suspend national activities out of respect? Is this a fake news too? 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/jul/28/anger-brexit-ads-after-jo-cox-murder-beleave-vote-leave

quote from article you linked: "Data released by Facebook to the all-party digital, culture, media and sport (DCMS) select committee suggested dozens of adverts were targeted at voters from the day after Cox’s murder and seen by more than 20 million people."

You trust what Facebook corporation say, that's your prerogative. Why is the word suggested used and not for definite? FaceBook, the same place recently asked by Brazil's Federal Prosecutor for justification for its actions in deciding what people should see prior to Brazil's elections.

quote from article you linked: “This happens with company directors and football clubs. There is a strong case for a similar rule for those running our elections,” he said."

Comparing Football clubs to nations democracy. Sorry, I don't find this a very good argument.

Edited by Arpeggio

8 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

quote from article you linked: "Data released by Facebook to the all-party digital, culture, media and sport (DCMS) select committee suggested dozens of adverts were targeted at voters from the day after Cox’s murder and seen by more than 20 million people."

You trust what Facebook corporation say, that's your prerogative. Why is the word suggested used and not for definite? FaceBook, the same place recently asked by Brazil's Federal Prosecutor for justification for its actions in deciding what people should see prior to Brazil's elections.

quote from article you linked: “This happens with company directors and football clubs. There is a strong case for a similar rule for those running our elections,” he said."

Comparing Football clubs to nations democracy. Sorry, I don't find this a very good argument.

What is this post - a fake news enquiry test sample lol ? Do you have an argument  ?

Here’s an argument: They didn’t compare football clubs to a nations democracy - obviously. On the other hand if even an effing football club needs to be run by a ‘fit and proper’ person shouldn’t a national election ?

You trust and  want to direct debate on this issue from order-order.coms perspective: to be fair I guess that’s your prerogative too.

10 hours ago, Arpeggio said:

Focus on the big picture. I don't think you are a Russian troll, they are more competent in what they are doing. More likely a guy lost in the ongoing info war, unawarely taking a wrong side.  

Mods, I also believe this thread should go off-topic.

7 hours ago, Ah-so said:

Off topic. Move to current affairs thread. 

Sure no problem, move this thread. I see the other Brexit thread on here but find that a long load of BS and usually ignore so made this one here, not as an attempt to "take over" that thread as if I'd want this thread to reach more than 2 - 3 pages at most, my bad.

6 hours ago, spyguy said:

Vlad? Is that you??

I like your posts on these forums and don't want to tit for tat over one small thing. Besides I haven't got the time as my pet Bear Dimitre wants my company for another post wrestle vodka.

4 hours ago, Craig_ said:

I treat the BBC and internet whackjob conspiracy sites with equal disdain, thus I don't believe either of them.  

I posted RT news elsewhere. Apparently funded by the Kremlin, as opposed to the BBC funded by duress by the public. I don't always get the snobbery over the Daily Mail even if it has BS because it's not as if at DM head office they say "Oh this one's true we can't print this!". There is a link to official docs on the order order site I posted.

4 hours ago, pig said:

Here’s an argument: They didn’t compare football clubs to a nations democracy - obviously. On the other hand if even an effing football club needs to be run by a ‘fit and proper’ person shouldn’t a national election ? 

Vetting democracy to present the options before the public decides. No thanks.

As for ceasing campaigning I don't think a death takes precedent over a nations democracy including if a Leave campaigner had been murdered. That's just my view, a nations democracy first. Look back in history for the other way around; dead bodies first, nation's democracy later. I wont post a link of "Jo Cox's family interview" (just look for it instead), as it they are too sad (especially if you watch it upside down and it looks like their mouths are sad), but never the less.

2 hours ago, slawek said:

Focus on the big picture. I don't think you are a Russian troll, they are more competent in what they are doing. More likely a guy lost in the ongoing info war, unawarely taking a wrong side.  

Mods, I also believe this thread should go off-topic.

Credit to you for not thinking / saying I am a Russian troll because my views are different than yours.

Edited by Arpeggio

34 minutes ago, The Fool Gammon said:

This thread should merged with the Brexit one. Best to keep all Brexit fools penned into one thread.  

As I already said, I ignore that thread. If you want to come to this one and offer little more in the way of debate, insight or reference than "This group are fools" you know where to go.

6 hours ago, Craig_ said:

I treat the BBC and internet whackjob conspiracy sites with equal disdain, thus I don't believe either of them. 

So the quality of BBC journalism is comparable to 911 conspiracy and fake moon landing websites?

Cool avatar btw, Laughing Stock by Talk Talk is an acquired taste but a great album.

28 minutes ago, smash said:

So the quality of BBC journalism is comparable to 911 conspiracy and fake moon landing websites?

Thanks for being on topic, at least, regarding the force funded BBC

6 minutes ago, Arpeggio said:

Thanks for being on topic, at least, regarding the force funded BBC

Your link took me to a Telegraph page. Channeled from the Channel Island of the Barclay Brothers.

6 hours ago, smash said:

Cool avatar btw, Laughing Stock by Talk Talk is an acquired taste but a great album.

Sorry, was a throwaway comment posted when I was in a bad mood. Can't even remember what about now!

Glad you're also a fan of Laughing Stock, absolutely stunning album. Get something new from it each time I listen.

The original poster is correct.

This is fake news, and wrt the guardian link, do you know how many of these vote leave stories they have had to publish a retraction on? Clue: a lot.

look here for further information. The whole thing is an interesting read:

https://dominiccummings.com/

18 hours ago, smash said:

No.

It's much, much worse. It took over 15 years for properly funded research into the laughable NIST report on WTC7. This was funded by Architects and Engineers for truth  https://www.ae911truth.org/ (but what would they know). BBC reporters are useless shills.

Sorry couldn't resist. (and not interested in Moon landing)

UAF research report: http://ine.uaf.edu/wtc7 

Edited by Maynardgravy

2 hours ago, Maynardgravy said:

No.

It's much, much worse. It took over 15 years for properly funded research into the laughable NIST report on WTC7. This was funded by Architects and Engineers for truth  https://www.ae911truth.org/ (but what would they know). BBC reporters are useless shills.

Sorry couldn't resist. (and not interested in Moon landing)

UAF research report: http://ine.uaf.edu/wtc7 

first the moon landings now this  

i knew the world was flat too. 

17 minutes ago, longgone said:

first the moon landings now this  

i knew the world was flat too. 

You do yourself a disservice by lumping a false flag operation with moon landing and obvious nonsensical Flat Earth theories. No one mentioned these.

But go ahead and bury your head in the sand. I understand that cognitive dissonance comes into effect that 'we' in the west could never do such things to our own people, like say the Bay of Tonkin and JFK assassination. Anyone who still believes the original narrative about those conspiracy facts is the loon. 

Over three thousand architects/engineers telling you (and funding research to prove the fact) that the NIST report was BS isn't worth your attention? Nah, just loons - highly-educated-in-their-field loons.

4 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

You do yourself a disservice by lumping a false flag operation with moon landing and obvious nonsensical Flat Earth theories. No one mentioned these.

But go ahead and bury your head in the sand. I understand that cognitive dissonance comes into effect that 'we' in the west could never do such things to our own people, like say the Bay of Tonkin and JFK assassination. Anyone who still believes the original narrative about those conspiracy facts is the loon. 

Over three thousand architects/engineers telling you (and funding research to prove the fact) that the NIST report was BS isn't worth your attention? Nah, just loons - highly-educated-in-their-field loons.

Was a more a flippant comment really, as even if it was proven to be a controlled demolition it would never be proven in law and no one will do time.  what is there to prove exactly ? mass murder by the US government ?  forget it.  2-3000 lives are disposable once the relatives are dead too who gives a fig. couple hundred of years and it will come out. 

The west has no qualms about destroying and testing on its own people 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3154555/How-British-government-carried-secret-biological-warfare-tests-London-Tube-passengers-1960s-Cold-War.html

nice to believe the little people still have a fair legal and democratic system to inspire a voice among the plebs who in reality just get told what they want to hear and told how to behave. your vote counts for nothing. 

18 minutes ago, longgone said:

Was a more a flippant comment really, as even if it was proven to be a controlled demolition it would never be proven in law and no one will do time.  what is there to prove exactly ? mass murder by the US government ?  forget it.  2-3000 lives are disposable once the relatives are dead too who gives a fig. couple hundred of years and it will come out. 

The west has no qualms about destroying and testing on its own people 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3154555/How-British-government-carried-secret-biological-warfare-tests-London-Tube-passengers-1960s-Cold-War.html

nice to believe the little people still have a fair legal and democratic system to inspire a voice among the plebs who in reality just get told what they want to hear and told how to behave. your vote counts for nothing. 

Which is why I will never vote again.

I don't need any proof of anything, nor do i need any 'proof' from any government. What I do want is for everyone to wake the f up and get angry. That may give a modicum of hope.

2 hours ago, Maynardgravy said:

Which is why I will never vote again.

I don't need any proof of anything, nor do i need any 'proof' from any government. What I do want is for everyone to wake the f up and get angry. That may give a modicum of hope.

i guess the establishment would love if no one voted.  

control with no friction at all. 😄

off topic comment but going on to youtube they are now recommending the earth is flat videos. 

i thought i turned off most of the spyware. 😣

google is spying on everything typed. 

My 2 pence worth..

we have had news about the army coming in due to lack of food and medicine after Brexit.. 

Remain voters must be thick! 

During WW2 we imported 10% of our food and there were shortages..

We now import 65% of our food and have a much larger population! 

With global warming 200 billion tons of sea ice melt into the ocean every year.. This is accelerating.. 

we have killed 75% of our pollinating insects that we need for crops and other wildlife as food.. 

How many more people do they think we can take? 

The army threat is a reality, not because of Brexit, but because we are over populated! 

Our farms, fields can only produce so much, that production has environmental consequences. Pesticides, rivers polluted from crops, cut down more trees, air polluted, lung cancer, antibiotics fail from animal farming inoculation ending in the food chain.. 

How many more people till this ends in British people dying from starvation.. not because of Brexit, but because of over population.. 

i also remember reading a migrant boat being picked up, one of the migrants told a story that when the boat started to sink the Muslim migrants chucked the Christians into the sea to drown.. 

I wonder if we start to sink how communities would separate? I’m 100% sure we would see just how diverse and cohesive our communities really are if the s**t hit the fan! 

My guess is not very..  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3044584/Pray-Allah-ll-throw-overboard-Muslims-ordered-Christians-punctured-dinghy-African-migrants-sank-Mediterranean.html