House Price Crash Forum
papag

Persimmon Quality Homes

1 minute ago, stuckmojo said:

Incredible. 

God knows what the Electrics Plumbing etc are like the poor young kids that have been sucked into help to buy etc  will be in negative equity for years to come. How have they been allowed to build such crap where were the building inspectors etc ? or were brown envelopes in action again

On purpose IMO. And not just short term gain. They will need knocked down and rebuilt in 40 years and so who is going to be making money out of that work.....

47 minutes ago, ccc said:

They will need knocked down and rebuilt in 40 years

Forgive my ignorance, but does it matter if the bricks are laid a bit crooked? There's plenty of old houses which seem to be find with much worse brickwork.

Far worse imo will be the internals, roof and foundations. Also apparent lack of damp course.

6 minutes ago, Locke said:

Forgive my ignorance, but does it matter if the bricks are laid a bit crooked? There's plenty of old houses which seem to be find with much worse brickwork.

Far worse imo will be the internals, roof and foundations. Also apparent lack of damp course.

I'm talking generally. These houses and flats are not built to last. 

I have never bought a new build off plan but presumably the contract requires the building to meet certain building standards.  The brickwork shown in the link is so bad I would expect the buyer to be able to pull out. 

1 hour ago, ccc said:

I'm talking generally. These houses and flats are not built to last. 

Agree with this entirely. You could easily bulldoze all these new build estates (aka slums of the future) and no one would ever know they’d been there.

they look so temporary it’s unreal to me how people think they are “buying” a “house” when they sign on the dotted line for a lifetime of DEBT for the keys to one of these things.

2 minutes ago, thewig said:

Agree with this entirely. You could easily bulldoze all these new build estates (aka slums of the future) and no one would ever know they’d been there.

they look so temporary it’s unreal to me how people think they are “buying” a “house” when they sign on the dotted line for a lifetime of DEBT for the keys to one of these things.

Nah mate, it's good enough for renters.

Nobody would buy these to actually live in themselves surely?

4 hours ago, papag said:
Some quality building here :) maybe a few corners were cut to help the bonus structure

£300m for 130 of them

The results will come as a relief to Persimmon after a week in which the firm sparked controversy when it emerged a core group of 130 staff will split a three-year-early £300m bonus.

http://www.cityam.com/288731/housebuilding-giant-weathers-property-market-storm-but

2 hours ago, Democorruptcy said:

The results will come as a relief to Persimmon after a week in which the firm sparked controversy when it emerged a core group of 130 staff will split a three-year-early £300m bonus.

http://www.cityam.com/288731/housebuilding-giant-weathers-property-market-storm-but

That's a crazy bonus for doing a crap job.

Don't these guys realize that one unhappy customer can take away business for 25 other customers. Best to avoid these kind of builders. 

3 hours ago, crazypabs said:

what would the nhbc guarantee say about that?

i guess NHBC would simply turn a blind eye to this? 

1 hour ago, crazypabs said:

New Home Owners Warning Off Prospective New Home Buyers With DANGER signs...

People taking action at the front line, well, opposite the sales and marketing suite at least. Hopefully more people use this tactic.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-cornwall-44879858

Fair play to them for putting the signs up. It amazes (and disapoints) me that there seems to be unlimited morons out there that still buy these awful sh1t hole shoe boxes. Badly built, over priced, characterless, thin walled piles of cr@p with zero privacy.

On 18/07/2018 at 16:43, ABZ_RVK said:

Don't these guys realize that one unhappy customer can take away business for 25 other customers. Best to avoid these kind of builders. 

Indeed. This fiasco will probably sink the company. Nobody would buy from them now, especially not off plan.

1 hour ago, dropbear said:

Indeed. This fiasco will probably sink the company. Nobody would buy from them now, especially not off plan.

You give the general public far to much credit. You never run out of mugs with such a large target audience.

Persimmon faces loss of Help to Buy homes contract

Anger as Persimmon set to post £1bn profit

Britain’s most profitable housebuilder faces being stripped of its right to sell Help to Buy homes after allegations of poor standards and punitive hidden charges.

James Brokenshire, the housing secretary, is reviewing Persimmon’s participation in the government scheme, which accounted for half of the homes it built last year, The Times has learnt.

Since Help to Buy was introduced, Persimmon’s profit per house has almost tripled, rising from £22,114 in 2012 to £60,219 in 2018. Half of the 16,000 homes the company built last year were sold under the scheme, which is designed to boost home ownership.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/persimmon-faces-loss-of-help-to-buy-house-contract-nlrq02q7h

Designed to boost debt dependency and fake gdp, but not a bad effort.

4 hours ago, darkmarket said:

Persimmon faces loss of Help to Buy homes contract

Anger as Persimmon set to post £1bn profit

Britain’s most profitable housebuilder faces being stripped of its right to sell Help to Buy homes after allegations of poor standards and punitive hidden charges.

James Brokenshire, the housing secretary, is reviewing Persimmon’s participation in the government scheme, which accounted for half of the homes it built last year, The Times has learnt.

Since Help to Buy was introduced, Persimmon’s profit per house has almost tripled, rising from £22,114 in 2012 to £60,219 in 2018. Half of the 16,000 homes the company built last year were sold under the scheme, which is designed to boost home ownership.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/news/persimmon-faces-loss-of-help-to-buy-house-contract-nlrq02q7h

Designed to boost debt dependency and fake gdp, but not a bad effort.

Scandalous.

Persimmon were one of the biggest sellers of leasehold houses before government banned the practice.

Persimmon were the first to break the £100m bonus barrier.

Persimmon's share price has more than quadrupled since HTB was introduced.

£1bn of profits is insane by any account - particularly for a house builder. I hope they are banned from using HTB and it will be interesting to see how many crap houses they sell. With the Tories in charge though, I'm not holding my breath!

On 19/07/2018 at 14:58, Sperm Donor said:

Fair play to them for putting the signs up. It amazes (and disapoints) me that there seems to be unlimited morons out there that still buy these awful sh1t hole shoe boxes. Badly built, over priced, characterless, thin walled piles of cr@p with zero privacy.

Built in obsolescence in Tech why not houses. Get the mugs to pay top dollar make the houses last about a mortgage term demolish and rebuild again for more profit.  

5 minutes ago, longgone said:

Built in obsolescence in Tech why not houses. Get the mugs to pay top dollar make the houses last about a mortgage term demolish and rebuild again for more profit.  

You would be extremely lucky if their crap houses last half the mortgage term!

They build them to last atleast 2 years - most new houses come with a 10year NHBC guarantee but the builder is on the hook for the first 2 years only.