House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BTman

General Knowledge

Right, I've had a few beer's so here goes..

I'm 30. My username kind of gives away my line of work and I would concider myself to be on an "avarage" salary.

I support myself, my partner and 2 year old girl. My partner is a registered childminder and she earns probably just about enough to pay the council tax and utility bills. (It's probably not worth her working but she enjoys it and we get tax credits for her effort.)

We have been together for about 4 years now, living together for about 3 years. We are currenly renting a 2 bedroom semi with garage from an agent and are on periodic tennancy (?), as we are refusing to sign another 6 month contract because we intend to move to my partners parents house when they emmigrate to france in april.. (not going to pay last month's rent, the place is in better condition than when we moved in !).

I found HPC a few months back and have been lurking and learning, adding a few comments here and there.

I have never really looked at owning a home much before now, but now I am looking, it seems we are in the middle of the "biggest bubble in history" !!!!

I would just like to thank all at HPC for the amount of knowledge I have learned is incredible..

I knew nothing of inflation, intererst rates, markets, booms and busts, the government, vested interests, spin by the media, etc etc..

I really am thick joe public, but I truely believe HPC has saved me a few tens on thousands of pounds just from a quick search on google afew months back..

I doubt if most like me would even bother researching before commiting themselves to a 25 year debt.

I'm now gonna wait this one out. Nice cheap rent from the in-laws and no pressure to buy. :lol:

Special thank's to DrBubb. Your posts are inspiring.

Oh and as for the riot, no thanks, but I would be up for a protest...

Right, I've had a few beer's so here goes..

I'm 30. My username kind of gives away my line of work and I would concider myself to be on an "avarage" salary.

I support myself, my partner and 2 year old girl. My partner is a registered childminder and she earns probably just about enough to pay the council tax and utility bills. (It's probably not worth her working but she enjoys it and we get tax credits for her effort.)

We have been together for about 4 years now, living together for about 3 years. We are currenly renting a 2 bedroom semi with garage from an agent and are on periodic tennancy (?), as we are refusing to sign another 6 month contract because we intend to move to my partners parents house when they emmigrate to france in april.. (not going to pay last month's rent, the place is in better condition than when we moved in !).

I found HPC a few months back and have been lurking and learning, adding a few comments here and there.

I have never really looked at owning a home much before now, but now I am looking, it seems we are in the middle of the "biggest bubble in history" !!!!

I would just like to thank all at HPC for the amount of knowledge I have learned is incredible..

I knew nothing of inflation, intererst rates, markets, booms and busts, the government, vested interests, spin by the media, etc etc..

I really am thick joe public, but I truely believe HPC has saved me a few tens on thousands of pounds just from a quick search on google afew months back..

I doubt if most like me would even bother researching before commiting themselves to a 25 year debt.

I'm now gonna wait this one out. Nice cheap rent from the in-laws and no pressure to buy. :lol:

Special thank's to DrBubb. Your posts are inspiring.

Oh and as for the riot, no thanks, but I would be up for a protest...

I think the most important thing about this site is the alternative view of the housing SPIN.

Good to see that you have listened to REASONED ARGUEMENTS thats are ALWAYS backed up with FACTS!

Only 1 thing that I will re-itterate from what you have noticed is this:

Your quite right!!! I am forever (probably wrong of me) calling the public DICKHEADS! Strong words I know, but THESE ARE THE ENEMY!!! I do believe that people ARE using the Internet now and finding sites like this and all the FREE houseprice sites and thinking - Hold ON!

This HAS changed sentiment over the last 12 months but there is still some way to go. Check out the threads on the Halifax and Nationwide reports. READ their BEARISH comments throughout.

They are showing signs of desperation.

Our Day is near.

looks like i will have to have a riot on my own then.

but is it a riot if its just me, or just a mindless act of violence by one angry citizen?

In my statement to the judge i will explain how the others that i asked to join in didint turn up, i will also explain that if they had turned up instead of putting me for mental analysis and then 3 years in strangeways, they would have given me instead a 200 pound fine and to be on my way to loud cheers from the gallery.

Thats the thing about protest until we all join in its just some nut needing locked up

Thats the thing about protest until we all join in its just some nut needing locked up

At least it's a roof over your head.., and breakfast :D:D

looks like i will have to have a riot on my own then.

but is it a riot if its just me, or just a mindless act of violence by one angry citizen?

In my statement to the judge i will explain how the others that i asked to join in didint turn up, i will also explain that if they had turned up instead of putting me for mental analysis and then 3 years in strangeways, they would have given me instead a 200 pound fine and to be on my way to loud cheers from the gallery.

I thought it was IMPOSSIBLE to have a riot with 1 person?

riĀ·ot

1. A wild or turbulent disturbance created by a large number of people.

2. Law. A violent disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled for a common purpose.

3. An unrestrained outbreak, as of laughter or passions.

4. A profusion: The garden was a riot of colors in August.

1. Unrestrained merrymaking; revelry.

2. Debauchery.

6. Slang. An irresistibly funny person or thing: Isn't she a riot?

Riots get you nowhere. Educate the stupid people of this country - not the governments.

TB

Good night all