House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bruce Banner

I've never been more ashamed to be British.

How could they, the establishment, have allowed that ridiculous baby blimp thing.

Sadiq Kahn is a nasty piece of work and I would expect him to think it okay to insult the POTUS but he should have been overruled.

9 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

This was authorised by Sadiq Kahn.

You said that he should have been overruled!

41 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

Sadiq Kahn is a nasty piece of work and I would expect him to think it okay to insult the POTUS but he should have been overruled.

Donald Trump is a nasty piece of work!

2 minutes ago, sexton said:

You said that he should have been overruled!

Yes, the Mayor of London should not, in his official capacity, have authorised this insult to a visiting head of state.

2 minutes ago, Andy T said:

Do you not think they would of just done it anyway?

Protest is good.

They couldn't have done it without permission, the police would have pulled it down.

Protest is not good when an elected official uses his office to publicly insult a visiting head.

4 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

They couldn't have done it without permission, the police would have pulled it down.

Protest is not good when an elected official uses his office to publicly insult a visiting head.

If Khan's office had come up with the idea, organised, financed and operated it, I would agree with you, but they didn't, they just authorised a member of the public to do what they felt was necessary for a good noticeable protest.

9 minutes ago, Andy T said:

If Khan's office had come up with the idea, organised, financed and operated it, I would agree with you, but they didn't, they just authorised a member of the public to do what they felt was necessary for a good noticeable protest.

Surely authorising something is much the same as instigating it?

Anyway, as I said, I would expect such behaviour from Kahn, but the government should have put a stop to it by whatever means necessary. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump's recent digs at Theresa May's Brexit white paper were as a direct result of her not putting a stop to this nonsense. Love him or loathe him, Trump is the most powerful man in the western world and allowing such an insult will, probably, backfire spectacularly with far reaching consequences.

Other world leaders - Prime Minister Modi of India, President Xi of China, President Putin....Saudi leaders etc etc....they don't get this treatment from the protestors when they visit and they are on another scale in terms of human rights abuses etc

The question I would ask the protestors is why do they focus their hate so much on Trump and the Americans.  What makes Trump different to others...?

I don't expect a coherent answer - these protesters are morons.

3 hours ago, Bruce Banner said:

Surely authorising something is much the same as instigating it?

Um, no.

UK Gov authorise people's use of the Petitions website to raise whatever their concerns are. The do not instigate the items raised.

Neither did they instigate the way the funds to pay for this were raised.

Nonetheless, POTUS is a head of state.

The insult is only going to alienate him.

At best it will make a small selection of people think they are doing something about what they perceive to the be the world's problems.

The negative impacts of this probably far outweigh the positive IMO. Not least of which because all this anti-Trump action probably only serves to galvanise the Trump supporters.

However much this protest is badly executed (even to the point of detrimental impact on the intended value of the action), the authorities' only possible action on this is to ensure that the law(s) of the city are not broken.

Edited for grammar (probably still rubbish).

Firstly, I don't even find it funny or novel and I'm up for jokes. I guess it fits with the Facebook meme age.

It's a bit like filming someone putting a cream pie in someone's face and posting in on YouTube hoping some people find it hilarious.

Are Obama and Trump so different? Some differences but are they really substantial?

1 minute ago, cica said:

Firstly, I don't even find it funny or novel and I'm up for jokes. I guess it fits with the Facebook meme age.

It's a bit like filming someone putting a cream pie in someone's face and posting in on YouTube hoping some people find it hilarious.

Are Obama and Trump so different? Some differences but are they really substantial?

I think the main difference is that Obama pandered to the world press corps (MSM) and Trump has gone head to head with them (particularly the lefties), and as a result, everything that Trump does gets reported in a negative way. 

1 hour ago, Aidan Ap Word said:

Um, no.

UK Gov authorise people's use of the Petitions website to raise whatever their concerns are. The do not instigate the items raised.

Neither did they instigate the way the funds to pay for this were raised.

Nonetheless, POTUS is a head of state.

The insult is only going to alienate him.

At best it will make a small selection of people think they are doing something about what they perceive to the be the world's problems.

The negative impacts of this probably far outweigh the positive IMO. Not least of which because all this anti-Trump action probably only serves to galvanise the Trump supporters.

However much this protest is badly executed (even to the point of detrimental impact on the intended value of the action), the authorities' only possible action on this is to ensure that the law(s) of the city are not broken.

Edited for grammar (probably still rubbish).

Where there's a will there's a way. An "off duty" Swimmer Canoeist with a pen knife, for instance :D.

1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

everything that Trump does gets reported in a negative way. 

Maybe he really is that bad?

3 minutes ago, dougless said:

I suspect that he is much worse.  But look on the bright side, he is pushing the world into recession so it should help push house prices lower.

Yeah, the world economy was just dandy before that gosh darn Trump got elected. :rolleyes: