Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum
Guest

Who is your Political party or do you not have one, are your politics based on housing issues

Recommended Posts

Guest

https://theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/07/opportunity-knocks-for-new-party-will-anybody-dare-open-door

 

So we have had another heated week in politics, it's OK if you are the sort of person who maybe  cheers at two guys after several pints who start having a punch up in front of everyone and make total idiots of themselves, but this is not the political landscape I want in the UK. If I am being totally honest housing is probably the one biggest issue with me, I would even allow my business to suffer to improve on it. I have not had a natural political party for quite a while now, as a young man I was probably centre left who then woke up after what I witnessed Blair and and Brown getting up to.

With a business now that is doing OK I suppose I have started leaning a little more to the right, not right itself, but as I keep stating on here the Tories have now lost my vote and I shall be voting for Corbyn. The perverse thing is that I will not be using my vote to improve my country, I will be using it to cause disruption, even an act of revenge even. The Brexit thread on here can be interesting at times, do you want Brexit in order to improve on housing or do you want to Remain in order to improve on housing?

I am sick of British politics right now for so many reason, there have been many new parties spring up around Europe and doing quite well, time will tell if that is a good or bad thing. I know there are many on here who lean to Corbyn and are big fans, maybe surprising me a little in that I never had HPC posters as leaning left, I always thought it was a bunch a guys with sizeable income and cash pots, not all mind.

Is it time for a new party in the UK, I think yes, and if only for somewhere for us to park our vote in an election and say this is who I really am.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would love to see something like the Swiss model with decisions made locally in a more direct democracy.  Voting in a party for 5 years giving them carte blanche to do whatever they like is a breeding ground for corruption. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NuLabour and the current Tories are basically the same party with a few differences in how they present their policies. Both globalist/out of touch with the plebs and there to serve the rich/big business rather than voters.

I honestly don't know who I would vote for in a GE. There are policies from all parties that I like but the problem is policies mostly don't get implemented and if they do, they are heavily watered down. It's all got a bit too Orwellian for me...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
11 minutes ago, fru-gal said:

NuLabour and the current Tories are basically the same party with a few differences in how they present their policies. Both globalist/out of touch with the plebs and there to serve the rich/big business rather than voters.

I honestly don't know who I would vote for in a GE. There are policies from all parties that I like but the problem is policies mostly don't get implemented and if they do, they are heavily watered down. It's all got a bit too Orwellian for me...

Those are my feelings as well, I was looking forward to a John Smith Labour government until he died and gave us Blair, and Blair in his copycat Tory ways went onto to create Corbyn in my opinion. None of the parties speak for me anymore, it's no longer good enough to educate yourself, work and save hard and then be rewarded with a home, you can still have the home under the Tories but you need to sell your soul to satan in order to get it, and to be homed by Labour you need to prove you are victim in some way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have also voted tactically Labour as we have an morally-suspect dodgy Tory MP who slid in on a few votes at the last election and he really does need to go now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I learnt a long time ago that politics in this country is a sham illusion of choice; where 99% of the time the major actors are just a thin vineer to hide the machinations that maintain a status-quo of inequality, exploitation and corruption. As such I have no allegiance to any one party as they all appear to be concentrated in one thin sliver of the political spectrum.

Petty and vindictive as it may seem I do take pleasure from seeing these idiots tearing each other apart; although I'm well aware that their constant machiavellian infighting is ultimately detrimental to us all.

IMO all this is against a long-term backdrop of deteriorating economic and social conditions as Britain's global relevance and influence continues to slide. It seems the current government are behaving like an increasingly desparate pack of rats; fighting amongst themselves for the last scraps on the corpse of a once-great beast they've gorged on for many years and now finally killed.

More than ever I believe we need real political change above and beyond the agenda-laden lip-service we've become conditioned to accept; and short of a genuine political revolution I can't see this happening.

Given the current situation, unsuprisingly housing does figure highly on my list of political motivators, however the way the country is going I can see this becoming the least of our worries in future.

I'll be voting for Corbyn on the basis that he's not a tory, his ideals are somewhat removed from historical establishment views and if he does balls it all up, perhaps that will at least catalyse the change I think we need. 

Personally I think the smart money's on emigrating..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, inbruges said:

Is it time for a new party in the UK, I think yes, and if only for somewhere for us to park our vote in an election and say this is who I really am.

It's very hard to have success as a new party, due to our electoral system. If you want to encourage new parties do what you can for these people:

https://www.makevotesmatter.org.uk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't vote, as democracy is simply rule-by-mob, but I will probably vote and campaign for UKIP, should there be a snap election, just for the salty, salty tears it will produce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will never vote again unless a party truly came out with staggeringly progressive policies. The back-tracking Brexit debacle has taught me that valuable lesson once and for all.

There needs to be a mass abstention to cripple the facade we currently have. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, doomed said:

I would love to see something like the Swiss model with decisions made locally in a more direct democracy.  Voting in a party for 5 years giving them carte blanche to do whatever they like is a breeding ground for corruption. 

First part... impossible with the UK's constitutional Monarchy, unless you break the UK up.

The second part.... well... the UK had a shot at changing the FPTP system with the AV referendum in 2011...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maynardgravy said:

I will never vote again unless a party truly came out with staggeringly progressive policies. The back-tracking Brexit debacle has taught me that valuable lesson once and for all.

There needs to be a mass abstention to cripple the facade we currently have. 

 

Like truth & honesty.... that'd do for a start..... Like teaching the young they are saddled with debt of their elders..... WITHOUT their consent. ...... Would any party do that?

Edited by cnick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Swore I'd never vote Labour again after Blair and Brown. Corbyn won me round. He, at least, has got some idea of the scale of the crisis.

The UK's last, great hope of averting a sovereign default and national bankruptcy imho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

I will never vote again unless a party truly came out with staggeringly progressive policies. The back-tracking Brexit debacle has taught me that valuable lesson once and for all.

There needs to be a mass abstention to cripple the facade we currently have. 

 

Yes this would (may) remove the consent to govern....... voting, is saying to politicians, we approve of your lies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can you also abstain from paying taxes? abstain from participating in the economy they have rigged for their friends? if not I submit that not voting is exactly what they want. They have already reduced political power for the masses to a choice between Tweedledum and Tweedledee every five years - and even then only in the marginals. Voter apathy probably wouldn't bother them so much, just one more thing to brazen out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Oki said:

Can you also abstain from paying taxes? abstain from participating in the economy they have rigged for their friends? if not I submit that not voting is exactly what they want. They have already reduced political power for the masses to a choice between Tweedledum and Tweedledee every five years - and even then only in the marginals. Voter apathy probably wouldn't bother them so much, just one more thing to brazen out.

Ok, but just think. It won't happen of course, but just as a thought experiment, say, no one voted at the next election ...... who would be elected?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cnick said:

Like truth & honesty.... that'd do for a start..... Like teaching the young they are saddled with debt of their elders..... WITHOUT their consent. ...... Would any party do that?

Sadly the MSM are totally unable to neutrally analyse whats going on in the political world which doesnt help at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oki said:

Can you also abstain from paying taxes? abstain from participating in the economy they have rigged for their friends? if not I submit that not voting is exactly what they want. They have already reduced political power for the masses to a choice between Tweedledum and Tweedledee every five years - and even then only in the marginals. Voter apathy probably wouldn't bother them so much, just one more thing to brazen out.

The only way to achieve this is to leave the UK. I have no idea who i would vote for if there was an election. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Oki said:

Can you also abstain from paying taxes? abstain from participating in the economy they have rigged for their friends? if not I submit that not voting is exactly what they want. They have already reduced political power for the masses to a choice between Tweedledum and Tweedledee every five years - and even then only in the marginals. Voter apathy probably wouldn't bother them so much, just one more thing to brazen out.

I think 'they' care more about apathy because of where it can lead. 'They' only really care about violence/threat of violence. Things only truly change with violence. Voting does sweet FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever your personal views on Brexit, it is causing the two main parties major headaches and two outcomes I can foresee is:

1.  Both parties split in two, which this week the Cons are well on their way.

2. The parties just about hold together, but UKIP inspired parties will force policy changes from the main 2 parties with the threat of taking seats away from them as powerful a tool as actually doing it in FPTP.  ie Kind of like populist 'think-tanks'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
1 hour ago, nightowl said:

Whatever your personal views on Brexit, it is causing the two main parties major headaches and two outcomes I can foresee is:

1.  Both parties split in two, which this week the Cons are well on their way.

2. The parties just about hold together, but UKIP inspired parties will force policy changes from the main 2 parties with the threat of taking seats away from them as powerful a tool as actually doing it in FPTP.  ie Kind of like populist 'think-tanks'.

I can see that, if the UK gets more divided I can people creating more parties, which I think is good. I don't mind voting for a party that fails as long as I am ticking a box for a party that genuinely have my views and principles. Right now we have one party that is too left and one too right, and that's not to say I want what people like Blair called centre ground politics, I want the real victims in the UK acknowledged, the low/medium paid workers who are working their socks off for nothing. The rich became too rich and the welfare just tied itself in knots and became not a safety net but a way of life. I can see Farage getting up to something soon, he won't win anything, but he can take a lot of votes away from the Tories and really stick the knife in.

I just cannot imagine  politics like we had in the 1950s, not perfect, but where a real attempt and success was made at helping real working people

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

****** political parties. Reform the electoral system.

I look forward to a day when we look back on party politics as something of curiosity and pity. However, I will not live to see this.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maynardgravy said:

I think 'they' care more about apathy because of where it can lead. 'They' only really care about violence/threat of violence. Things only truly change with violence. Voting does sweet FA.

Voting is the quiet protest with the same result.  

the plebs should just lay down tools and stop buying crap no need to vote. 

stop paying taxes that`s your best vote. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, inbruges said:

I want the real victims in the UK acknowledged, the low/medium paid workers who are working their socks off for nothing. The rich became too rich and the welfare just tied itself in knots and became not a safety net but a way of life. I can see Farage getting up to something soon, he won't win anything, but he can take a lot of votes away from the Tories and really stick the knife

 

+1

I'm curious why people still use the left Vs right so much though. 

I see the useful spectrum is measured as libertarian Vs interventionist  where the extremes are curruption or opprerssion respectively.

Further more two different parties can have different takes on these on social issues Vs economics with some crossover.

Just wondering....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • 302 Brexit, House prices and Summer 2020

    1. 1. Including the effects Brexit, where do you think average UK house prices will be relative to now in June 2020?


      • down 5% +
      • down 2.5%
      • Even
      • up 2.5%
      • up 5%



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.